Low and High Pressure Fuel System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2022, 06:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,651 Likes on 2,428 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
very kind!

Thank you for sharing your intelligence in our 2-stage fuel system. It takes a special someone to learn how all these subcomponents work together and disfunction so gently...
Arigatō gozaïma****a Surya san

Question:
You wrote:
"The high fuel pressure asset is totally controlled by the engine computer N3/10. This is fuel for combustion. The pressure for the fuel fine spray by the injectors.
Only when the HP pump failed and being a normally open fuel quantity valve it uses, the engine computer declares a limp mode and will then use the low pressure fuel pump to supply pressure to the GDI injector, by then it becomes like traditional M113 fuel injection system but at very poor performance."

Does that mean our ECU still remembers the legacy timings to inject low pressure fuel during the intake stroke instead of multi-bursts of 3000Psi during compression stroke ?

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 07-05-2022 at 01:21 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by CaliBenzDriver:
pierrejoliat (07-05-2022), S-Prihadi (07-08-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Mercedes SL 55 AMG, 1955 Thunderbird, Durango HellCat, Crossfire SRT6, CLKAMG winter car
My input is to the SL55's with the PWM system that find their way to this post. The VFD you speak to is another cat. I don't care to read up on anything that isn't a problem. I post proven solutions to problems that have been plaguing the SL's and the slim designed 'fuel pump controller' that has destroyed their value. My local MB dealer has 4 of these units waiting for stock of these defective controllers only to be left along side the road after spending $1,500 for repairs to a deplorably designed system. The local service shop Forman has converted his 55 to the same configuration I posted yet they sell the defective controller none the less.

I understand VFD systems (very will) but that's not my focus. I see you dig the idea I care about your sarcasm...I'm humored. You haven't a clue who I am. My caution; tying into a VFD fuel system beyond flow enhancement and pressure stabilization will eat your lunch. Tread cautiously, VFD dynamics are a science all it's own.

Loved your depiction of me...how special...you should read some of my patents on drive systems..
Old 07-06-2022, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,666 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
Originally Posted by Yanksmell
My input is to the SL55's with the PWM system that find their way to this post. The VFD you speak to is another cat. I don't care to read up on anything that isn't a problem. I post proven solutions to problems that have been plaguing the SL's and the slim designed 'fuel pump controller' that has destroyed their value.
Hmm.. .. I applause your fix for your 2007 SL55 with M113 engine and the 2 wire pump, on behalf of SL55 / M113 owners.
What more do you expect me to do ?

Does not this thread reside at W212 section and low pressure 3 phase fuel pump is the topic of discussion here ?
What good is your SL55 / M113 fuel system improvement for a stock non tuned W212 M276 ? None.

I post proven solutions to problems that have been plaguing the SL's and the slim designed 'fuel pump controller' that has destroyed their value. My local MB dealer has 4 of these units waiting for stock of these defective controllers only to be left along side the road after spending $1,500 for repairs to a deplorably designed system. The local service shop Forman has converted his 55 to the same configuration I posted yet they sell the defective controller none the less.
Yes sir you did, but our W212 M276 is not an SL55 with M113 .... again for courtesy sake I will applause you for the 2nd time on behalf of SL55 / M113 owners.

I understand VFD systems (very will) but that's not my focus.
I am very certain you know VFD very well, no doubt about it.
But the focus of this thread is variable speed 3 phase fuel pump...
So what do you want me to do ? Talk about SL55 simple 2 wire fuel pump ? Okey.... once again, for a 3rd time.... I give 2 thumbs up for your ingenuity on behalf of SL55 / M113 owners.

You haven't a clue who I am.
Of course I have no clue who you are, I don't believe your real name is YankSmell.
I use my real name on this forum.
Besides what good or benefit personally for me knowing you ? I don't work for Cummins or deal with Cummins.
I am my own boss, albeit small company , nevertheless I do not need to report to anyone or please anyone.
All I need to do is make sure my staff get paid proper salary and bonus, so their children can go to school and hopefully become engineers.
I don't have a patent like you do, I am not an engineer like you... but engineers do have to get my approval to proceed/work-on for projects or yachts under my care even up to today*.
*A simple courtesy to my friends who own yachts and always wanted me to be their watch dog when MTU, Caterpillar and MAN marine engineers come on board.

Let's not waste my time and your time.
Post your information at the section where it is relevant to the car model and engine model.
I am sure older MB models and not only 2007 SL55 uses similar fuel system too.
Don't tell me I have praised you for being technically awesome.... three times....and is not enough ?

The following 2 users liked this post by S-Prihadi:
CaliBenzDriver (07-06-2022), pierrejoliat (07-07-2022)
Old 07-06-2022, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,158 Likes on 773 Posts
12 E350 4Matic 13 E350 4Matic AMG Sport
Surya, you are a gentleman, I appreciate all your posts and thanks for that, I wonder if Yanksmell understands he is in the 212 forum and not the 230 forum and that yes, his input would be valuable to them, but is of no interest to most here. I had a '01 SL 500, great car, but I don't anymore.
The following 2 users liked this post by pierrejoliat:
CaliBenzDriver (07-06-2022), S-Prihadi (07-08-2022)