Comand Scroll rotating knob replacement issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes e350 W212
Comand Scroll rotating knob replacement issues

Hi everyone,

I’ve been trying to replace a common fault with these cars (w212). Mine is an e350. I ordered a replacement part of Amazon and followed all the steps of vids of YouTube. I managed to replace the broken plastic pet and replaced it with the new aluminium one I ordered. I then checked if everything was working properly. Thankfully the scrolling seemed to work but the knob now didn’t shift (up/left/right/down) which used to work fine before.

I presumed I may have done something slightly wrong in the installation so opened it up again and had a look at the new pet and the way I put it back together. Everything seemed normal and pretty much spot on with the video from YouTube. I assumed maybe the part I ordered was wrong (anyone had a similar issue?).

When I tested again this time nothing seemed to work, no scroll, no shift, no back or cancel. Nothing seemed to respond at all. There are no lights on the motherboard either, so no power? I didn’t do anything differently at all. Didn’t touch the wire. Is it possible there’s a fuse that controls this that may have been damaged. Have I damaged anything? Also earlier on why did my scrolling work but the ‘shifting’ stop working? I’ve left a link to the part I bought. Any suggestions/advice would be appreciated.

Aramox Comand Controller Knob, A2048700779 Multi-Switch Push Button Shaft Axle Pin Repair Kit Fits for Benz C Class W204 E Class W212 CLS GLK SLK ​Class https://amzn.eu/d/gOtG9vY
Old 01-29-2024, 03:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 CDI BLUETEC
Hi, I'm having a somewhat similar issue. In my case scrolling works fine, push click and down click work fine. Only the up, left and right clicks stopped working for me and I couldn't find why.

Have you found a fix for the issue?
Old 01-29-2024, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,336 Likes on 2,220 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
2 modules in 1 repair....

You almost completed this repair... another 10mn and it will be better than new:

COMMAND knob + Chassis E/S button

two birds with one stone!

marginal connections...

... until 100% error rate: failed 👏

> Quick Fix:
Solder the loose pins from these modules.
Scan/Reset logged faults
Reconnect both batteries

Watch CMD boot speed up to run normally...
Free reading & repair for you!

Your next priority is the main ignition switch /Start button.
Same amazing game but bigger prize: "No Start".

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 01-29-2024 at 09:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
juanmor40 (01-30-2024)