E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Conducter Plate and other questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2023, 11:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 Mercedes Benz e350
Originally Posted by cetialpha5
Depends what you want to do. Xentry is a little over the top if you just want to drive it. That's pretty much full featured and you can go make changes and it's much more involved, good if you want to be able to hack the car and change various values for fun. If you just want to fix whatever is broken, then something cheap like the Autel AP200 or the icarsoft or whatever else is out there that reads MB specific codes is all you need. And yes, you do have A89 in the vin decoder.

And you do have the pano roof, if it makes a cracking noise when you go over a ramp like into a parking lot at an angle, that's the screws loose under the headliner. You just have to remove the back of the headliner to get at the 6 bolts and tighten them up with loctite, should be about an hour, youtube videos cover it.
OK sounds good Thanks for the info. How much is the icarsoft if you have a rough idea
Old 06-19-2023, 11:11 PM
SPONSOR

Received 379 Likes on 227 Posts
11 E550, 16 AMG GTS, 13 S550
it depends how deep down the rabbithole you want to go. hell most people would be ok with your generic OBD2 scanner for routine service if all you want to do is diagnose misfires. many of the codes are not MB specific and the MB codes will not show up on the dash as a CEL. You don't have airmatic, MCT, or anything that would require more advanced diagnosis.

iCarsoft i980 or Foxwell NT530 are pretty much there, read and clear make-specific codes, read live-data, reset adaptations etc. These things are easy and intuitive to use when you have an issue. I use a fairly expensive Snap On scantool that is the center of my business, the extra functionality of it I end up not using and it's pretty much for vanity reasons. I have reached for Xentry C4 maybe once this year and ended up not needing it for the end result repair.

If you want to do actuation tests, code transmissions/conductor plates, read MORE live-data from the SAM/Canbus stuff, the hacked Xentry laptops on ebay are there. They require a bit of learning though I mean they send you to school for this stuff. Youtube and russians end up becoming your best friends. There is that Aliexpress Xentry dongle which plugs between your laptop and OBD2 port too which works.

Theres a forum sponsor, @BenzNinja who can probably help you out. I read good things.

Chris Tran, Service Manager/Owner
Amsoil Independent Dealer #7236674
The following users liked this post:
juanmor40 (06-20-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 11:15 PM

2011 Mercedes Benz e350
Originally Posted by ChrisHimself
it depends how deep down the rabbithole you want to go. hell most people would be ok with your generic OBD2 scanner for routine service if all you want to do is diagnose misfires. many of the codes are not MB specific and the MB codes will not show up on the dash as a CEL. You don't have airmatic, MCT, or anything that would require more advanced diagnosis.

iCarsoft i980 or Foxwell NT530 are pretty much there, read and clear make-specific codes, read live-data, reset adaptations etc. These things are easy and intuitive to use when you have an issue. I use a fairly expensive Snap On scantool that is the center of my business, the extra functionality of it I end up not using and it's pretty much for vanity reasons. I have reached for Xentry C4 maybe once this year and ended up not needing it for the end result repair.

If you want to do actuation tests, code transmissions/conductor plates, read MORE live-data from the SAM/Canbus stuff, the hacked Xentry laptops on ebay are there. They require a bit of learning though I mean they send you to school for this stuff. Youtube and russians end up becoming your best friends. There is that Aliexpress Xentry dongle which plugs between your laptop and OBD2 port too which works.

Theres a forum sponsor, @BenzNinja who can probably help you out. I read good things.
OK nice will look into it. I’m headed to bed now fellas all the help with greatly appreciate it thank u
Old 06-19-2023, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,043 Posts
2008 E350 (W211 @170K), 2012 ML350 (W166 @119K), 2014 E350 (W212 @100K), 2015 ML350 (W166 @96K)
Originally Posted by RichieBoy
OK sounds good Thanks for the info. How much is the icarsoft if you have a rough idea
https://a.co/d/9XdiDHX
Old 06-19-2023, 11:22 PM

2011 Mercedes Benz e350
Originally Posted by juanmor40
thanks man not crazy expensive
Old 06-19-2023, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,503 Likes on 1,174 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by RichieBoy
The Autel AP200 is in the $50 range. I'm not sure icarsoft is better, it just has a display which of course costs more than just a dongle where you have to use your phone like the Autel. Autel makes expensive high end systems too with their own display. The AP200 is just cheaper because it's aimed at the DIY crowd and limited to one car line.

Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
juanmor40 (06-20-2023)