E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Potential to buy ‘15 wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2023, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Audi S4
Potential to buy ‘15 wagon

I’ve been an avid Audi guy and had an RS4 and a few S4s. Always been a big fan of wagons and have an ‘08 A4 wagon as a beater. I have the option to buy a family members E63s wagon for what I believe is a great deal. Car has about 85k mi and has what I think is just about every option besides the CCB. It just received new pads/rotors/tires all around as well as plugs. I know it’s been tuned and has at least an exhaust but haven’t asked too much further. I’m an avid car guy who wrenches on my own cars, but this opportunity was just sprung in my so I don’t know everything about it yet.

What should be anything I should look out for? I’m being offered first look at the car for $32k as a family discount.
Old 10-08-2023, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,336 Likes on 2,220 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
Tuned V8 TT

Uncle just had the plugs replaced and now up for sale.... do you have any idea what tech may have discovered????

Nevermind the transmission, concentrate on the engine. Specifically get the compressions measured with a gauge and get a borescope inspection of the cylinders for scoring marks.

These

Good luck with your purchase
🤞
Old 10-08-2023, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 884 Likes on 634 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by Treehouse
I’ve been an avid Audi guy and had an RS4 and a few S4s. Always been a big fan of wagons and have an ‘08 A4 wagon as a beater. I have the option to buy a family members E63s wagon for what I believe is a great deal. Car has about 85k mi and has what I think is just about every option besides the CCB. It just received new pads/rotors/tires all around as well as plugs. I know it’s been tuned and has at least an exhaust but haven’t asked too much further. I’m an avid car guy who wrenches on my own cars, but this opportunity was just sprung in my so I don’t know everything about it yet.

What should be anything I should look out for? I’m being offered first look at the car for $32k as a family discount.
How do I get to be a member in that family? I would buy it if you don't unless there is a significant issue with it that you do not know of.

I have 2010 E550 sedan and would love to have a wagon with options I have.

If there are no obvious big issues with it, go for it.
The following 3 users liked this post by Arrie:
CaliBenzDriver (10-08-2023), KEY08 (10-09-2023), Raj1471 (10-09-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Audi S4
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
Uncle just had the plugs replaced and now up for sale.... do you have any idea what tech may have discovered????

Nevermind the transmission, concentrate on the engine. Specifically get the compressions measured with a gauge and get a borescope inspection of the cylinders for scoring marks.

These engines are famous for bent rods...

Good luck with your purchase
🤞
It’s a combination of reasons for selling. Moving /downsizing, bought a GS F-sport, I want to say that the timing was poor on his part paying for that service while all this was going on. But I would have a PPI done, there’s a local euro dealer that I’ve bought a few cars from (also sells MB, Porsche, Aston, Ferrari, ect) that I trust. Just got back from vacation and going to talk more about it with him…and the wife.