TPMS Missing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2023, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w212 e350
TPMS Missing

Hello guys,

I have recently purchased 2010 E350. When I bought the car, the TPMS missing warning was on, and the seller told me had purchased the sensor but he didn't put it on. So I had it installed today, But even though I reset the tire pressure from Cluster, the sensor missing message is still there after 10-15 mins driving. The sensor is Seineca mercedes tpms, and guys at the tire shop checked and the sensor was working. Any idea how to fix it?
Old 10-20-2023, 03:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,448 Likes on 2,297 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
mine field

Originally Posted by jgraves
Hello guys,

I have recently purchased 2010 E350. When I bought the car, the TPMS missing warning was on, and the seller told me had purchased the sensor but he didn't put it on. So I had it installed today, But even though I reset the tire pressure from Cluster, the sensor missing message is still there after 10-15 mins driving. The sensor is Seineca mercedes tpms, and guys at the tire shop checked and the sensor was working. Any idea how to fix it?
You're right TPMS should be working but is not.

Let's not exchange sensors before scanning the car for controller status.

All wheel sensors including genuine Schrader are a bit temperamental to get learned-in and displayed.

Aftermarket Mainland may work given compatible frequency, teach in procedure ... and a few voodoo calls.

Practically: drive around, wait some time and scan TPMS
🤞

++++
TPMS hardware module is built to be reliable.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 10-20-2023 at 09:38 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by CaliBenzDriver:
Fliplegend (10-21-2023), Raj1471 (10-20-2023)
Old 10-21-2023, 10:43 AM

w212 e350
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
You're right TPMS should be working but is not.

Let's not exchange sensors before scanning the car for controller status.

All wheel sensors including genuine Schrader are a bit temperamental to get learned-in and displayed.

Aftermarket Mainland may work given compatible frequency, teach in procedure ... and a few voodoo calls.

Practically: drive around, wait some time and scan TPMS
🤞

++++
TPMS hardware module is built to be reliable.

Thank you a lot. After your response I resetted the system few times and 5 mins driving at a bit higher speed, the car managed to capture the signal from tire sensor and it has started to work as intended!

Now only one problem remaining. Auto Lamp Function Inoperative
Old 10-21-2023, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,448 Likes on 2,297 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
windshield sensor

Originally Posted by jgraves
Thank you a lot. After your response I resetted the system few times and 5 mins driving at a bit higher speed, the car managed to capture the signal from tire sensor and it has started to work as intended!

Now only one problem remaining. Auto Lamp Function Inoperative
Fantastic, now you can have peace of mind with your wheel pressures.

What sort of tire inflation do you run?

For me bad "Auto-Lamp" means resolder/check windshield sensor... but I am sure the SAM F/R handling this must have other ways to misbehave - Like poor GND posts.
Does the "auto wiper" rain-sensor function work or totally out because it's a shared sensor.
Old 10-21-2023, 11:58 AM

w212 e350
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver;[url=tel:8864704
8864704[/url]]Fantastic, now you can have peace of mind with your wheel pressures.

What sort of tire inflation do you run?

For me bad "Auto-Lamp" means resolder/check windshield sensor... but I am sure the SAM F/R handling this must have other ways to misbehave - Like poor GND posts.
Does the "auto wiper" rain-sensor function work or totally out because it's a shared sensor.
I am running 3.4psi on each wheels.

Autolamp is having an issue when it gets dark and light again. It lights headlights, but they may not go off when it gets sunny again. Also if i turn the headlights on and they don't switch off. But at night they operate without issues. So far i didn't notice that wipers work accordingly. I noticed front windshield was changed by previous owner and that is why the sensors might be broken or not assembled correctly. I need to do some testing i guess.

Few days ago headlight washer cap gone missing, it must have been broken and it was glued, i washed the windshield and headlights and it is gone. I ordered a new one from Amazon, it didnt fit perfectly. it gets stuck. I have ordered another one from Lithuania. Hopefully it will fit correctly and i can handle the wipers and the cap.