Trying to get LAUNCH to code Euro ILS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2024, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 691 Likes on 512 Posts
2015 E400 Sedan
Trying to get LAUNCH to code Euro ILS

I have been playing and found the screen to set but way too many choice nd unsure of what they do.
Under SG-SW-L Left Headlamp
Varient coding
General

My lights by default are shown as 212M ILS SAE

Choice I think will work:
212M ILS ECE LV
212M ILS ECE RV (China) ???

Also lists them for other body W207, W222 vans etc.

Th one that says China I think not but curious what it does.

So anyone change to on of these and what did it do?

Of course you have to do Right Side as well
Old 04-03-2024, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,601 Likes on 1,194 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
This may help. You must have the correct hardware. Do you have Option Codes 608 and 640?

Old 04-03-2024, 06:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
S212 E63S
Originally Posted by ygmn
I have been playing and found the screen to set but way too many choice nd unsure of what they do.
Under SG-SW-L Left Headlamp
Varient coding
General

My lights by default are shown as 212M ILS SAE

Choice I think will work:
212M ILS ECE LV
212M ILS ECE RV (China) ???

Also lists them for other body W207, W222 vans etc.

Th one that says China I think not but curious what it does.

So anyone change to on of these and what did it do?

Of course you have to do Right Side as well
You want 212 ILS ECE RV. (RV meaning driving on the righthand side of the road)

If your car doesn't have option codes 608 and 640, you're SOL.

Originally Posted by JettaRed
This may help. You must have the correct hardware. Do you have Option Codes 608 and 640?
The notes in this video got it done for me!
Old 04-04-2024, 04:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
Yes I have 608 & 640 and about everything else they offered in a 2015 W212. Them E400 came loaded.

CRASH;
Did you change all those other ones in the video?
Did you get ILS to work using the Launch scanner?

I amnot wanting to be the first Test subject on this - just trying to see if anyone else got ILS to work using LAunch and if I am on correct path

Last edited by ygmn; 04-04-2024 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-04-2024, 08:26 AM

S212 E63S
Yes I have 608 & 640 and about everything else they offered in a 2015 W212. Them E400 came loaded.

CRASH;
Did you change all those other ones in the video?
Did you get ILS to work using the Launch scanner?

I amnot wanting to be the first Test subject on this - just trying to see if anyone else got ILS to work using LAunch and if I am on correct path
yes I got it to work using the launch scanner.

I changed all the same coding as outlined in that video. It helped me to copy/paste the notes from the description to google translate or similar, since the launch creader has most item names in English and I only know enough German to get more beer/sausage/schnitzel.

The variant coding menu structure and general layout is a bit different with the launch scanner. Go carefully though and you’ll find it all. I’ll grab some screenshots of my coding later if I have a chance.

Wish I’d thought of this sooner but in theory you could code one headlight, backup that coding, then apply the backup to the other. Might work. If this was set up like VAGCOM or OBDEleven on VWs that’s what I’d do; just copy the hex string.
The following users liked this post:
GuestFromTampa (04-17-2024)
Old 04-04-2024, 10:12 PM

S212 E63S
I went back to grab screenshots of how the coding is arranged in Launch creader. Turns out every setting stuck except for the general setting for headlamp style! Went for a nighttime drive and confirmed the lights are function as regular automatic high beams as before. Every other neceesary setting took the coding change. The plot thickens. I sent a feedback request to launch. Will see what they say.

Left headlight general setting didn't stick

Right headlight general setting stays on SAE
Old 04-05-2024, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
Did you make changes in the order of the YouTube vedamo method?

I also took his written notes and put into word processor and translated as best as google and MS can, but I have no idea if those two translators did it correctly since I know from experience tchnical terms can get translated wrong.

I will try to play with it this weekend - after the Honey doo list is done and I get my time.

Lets keep this alive until someone gets it to work and then documents what has to be done for all the others

Trending Topics

Old 04-05-2024, 07:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Remember, in the video, he changes a whole bunch of things, such as settings for each headlight, the front camera, and the instrument cluster, and maybe something else. It made my head want to explode.

🤯
Old 04-05-2024, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
Yeah and he posts what he did:

I translated to English:

CGW231

2. VCD 02 global variant coding
Intelligente Fernlichtsteuerung "turn off" = Intelligent high beam control
Intelligente Fernlichtsteuerung Plus "Turn on" = Intelligent high beam control
Hard Reset

IGW212
1 5.VCD EVC CfgBit 65 96
628 INTELLIGENT HEADLIGHT CONTROL PLUS (IHC+) "turn ON"
608 INTELLIGENT HEADLIGHT CONTROL "Turn OFF"

2 6.VCD EVC CfgList 01 0C
Headlamp Style 640 HEADLIGHT UNIT LED W DYNAMIC LIGHT SYSTEM SAE RHT - Change to "642 HEADLIGHT UNIT LED W DYNAMIC LIGHT SYSTEM ECE RHT"
Hard Reset

IC204
5. VCD 05 Variantenkodierung Intelligent Light System (ILS Available) "Turn ON" = Variant Coding
6.VCD 06 Menueaktivierung Intelligent Light System (Menu ILS) "Turn ON" = Menu Activation
Hard Reset

HLI-FL212 and HLI FR212
3.VCD Fahrzeugdatensatz Allgemein - Daten 3 212M ILS SAE Change to "212M ILS ECE RV" Vehicle Data Set General
4.VCD Fahrzeugdatensatz Autobahnlicht - Daten 4 nicht aktiv change to "aktiv Fzg mit ALA Hella" Vehicle Data Set Highway Light
5.VCD Fahrzeugdatensatz Erweitertes Nebellicht - Daten 5 nicht aktiv change to "aktiv Fzg mit ALA" Vehicle Dataset Extended Fog Light
8.VCD Fahrzeugdatensatz IHC - Daten 8 IHC aktiv Hella change to "IHC plus aktiv Hella" Vehicle Data Set
9.VCD Fahrzeugdatensatz LDC - Daten 9 212M ILS SAE change to "212M ILS ECE" Vehicle Data Set
10.VCD Fahrzeugdatensatz LUC - Daten 11 ??? change to "212M ILS ECE" Vehicle Data Set
14.VCD Schrittmotorparameter ALA - Daten 16 Hella VarioLED SAE change to "Hella VarioLED ECE" Stepper Motor Parameters
16.VCD Schrittmotorparameter VLA - Daten 18 ??? change to "Aktorvariante Hella Haltestrom 1" Stepper Motor Parameters & Actuator variant Hella holding current”
Hard Reset

Last edited by ygmn; 04-05-2024 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-05-2024, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Awesome!
Old 04-05-2024, 10:20 AM

S212 E63S
Did you make changes in the order of the YouTube vedamo method?

I also took his written notes and put into word processor and translated as best as google and MS can, but I have no idea if those two translators did it correctly since I know from experience tchnical terms can get translated wrong.

I will try to play with it this weekend - after the Honey doo list is done and I get my time.

Lets keep this alive until someone gets it to work and then documents what has to be done for all the others
I did do it in the order listed, yes. The possibly important one to do first is changing the headlamp option from 608 IHC to 628 IHC plus. I could see that one affecting what headlamp coding the modules will take.
Yeah and he posts what he did:

I translated to English:
It does work a bit differently with launch’s interface since you’re doing each item in a module one at a time, vs the way it seems to go in Vediamo which is writing all the code to the module at once. Not sure if that is a factor.

Originally Posted by JettaRed
Remember, in the video, he changes a whole bunch of things, such as settings for each headlight, the front camera, and the instrument cluster, and maybe something else. It made my head want to explode.

🤯
the trickiest parts for me we’re figuring out where the cfig bit parameters were due to differences in module names in the launch interface, and the slightly different naming of parameters in the launch interface, probably down to translation differences. Otherwise it’s not changing too much.

NB I didn’t change anything in the stereo camera. It was set to IHC/IHC+ already.
Of note in the stereo camera, I found it had traffic sign assist available for the US(but not canada, and I couldn’t change the coding. augh!). So you should be able to activate option 513 sign assist. I did but it just shows a dashed line on the little speed limit indicator. Which makes sense since there is no data.

Last edited by crashmtb; 04-05-2024 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-21-2024, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
DONE and it works just so many variables to change and then you do it again for RH light.
I got the menu to pull up and turned on then sat in garage and well no issues.
Will confirm with test tonight.

FYI: I did have battery charger on battery the whole time took like 30-45 mins as after every variable change you have to save and then wait.

Pretty much take the info that guy in the YOU TUBE wrote, and I copied above and go down the list and find the right module.

I can say the Second module list is FWGW or something but was CHASSIS Gateway.
He has HLI-FL212 and I have SG-SW-L for LH headlamp module.

Few different English words as I guess the Launch coder use a different translator.

Yours may be different as sometimes he uses English word for NO or YEs and then on Launch you get German so take your time make sure you have them all before changing them.
WI am attaching my revised word doc I made after going thru it to find everything.
I know I messed up, but it was close enough for me to figure out. Think I forgot a few words here and there.

Here is copy and paste of my text:

CGW (Central Gateway)
Global Variant coding
Intelligent high beam control – Set to OFF
Intelligent high beam Plus control – Set to ON
FWGW (Chassis Gateway)
VCD EVC CfgBit 65 96
608 INTELLIGENT HEADLIGHT CONTROL – Set to OFF
628 INTELLIGENT HEADLIGHT CONTROL PLUS (IHC+) - Set to ON
VCD EVC CfgList 01 0C
Headlamp Style - Set to HEADLIGHT UNIT LED W DYNAMIC LIGHT SYSTEM ECE RHT
IC (Instrument Cluster)
Variant coding
05 Intelligent Light System (ILS Available) - Set to ON
06 Menu Activation Intelligent Light System (Menu ILS) - Set to ON
SG-SW-L & SG-SW-R (Left & Right HeadLamp) (complete Left first then Right)
Variant coding
Vehicle Data General
Datem 3 = 212M ILS SAE - Change to 212M ILS ECE RV
Vehicle Data Motorway Light
Datem 4 = No Active – Change to ACTIVE W/ ALA HELLA
Vehicle Data Extended Foglight
Datem 5 = Not Active – Change to ACTIVE W/ ALA
Vehicle Data - IHC
Datem 8 = IHC Active Hella – Change to IHC Plus Active HELLA
Vehicle Data -LDC
Datem 9 = 212M ILS SAE – Change to 212M ILS ECE
Vehicle Data - LUC
Datem 11 = 212M ILS SAE – Change to 212M ILS ECE
Stepper Motor ALA
Datem 16 = Hella VarioLED SAE – Change to HELLA VarioLED ECE
Stepper Motor VLA
Datem 18 = ACTUATOR VARIANT HELLA HOLDING CURRENT 1 (Double Check this; mine was already set to this))
GuestFromTampa (04-21-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 05:07 PM

S212 E63S
DONE and it works just so many variables to change and then you do it again for RH light.
I got the menu to pull up and turned on then sat in garage and well no issues.
Will confirm with test tonight.
What does your variant coding look like after changing? Did it stick, or does it look like mine where one headlamp shows a dash, and the other shows SAE still, despite changing(see my previous post with screenshots upthread)?
Old 04-22-2024, 04:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
Originally Posted by crashmtb
What does your variant coding look like after changing? Did it stick, or does it look like mine where one headlamp shows a dash, and the other shows SAE still, despite changing(see my previous post with screenshots upthread)?
I will check today if time permits.

I did go back when I was doing it after a change to see if it stuck and those I checked randomly seemed to stay.

My test drive was interesting.
As I first drove with it off and putting on Auto High (stick forward) really did nothing. not sure what it is supposed to do when youhave ILS off and in auto highbeam mode.
Lights still turned with steering wheel so that is good.
Pull stick and flash to pass still works.
Then turned-on ILS via instrument cluster using steering wheel controls - NEver went into high beam like flash to pass bright.
2 different cars were heading towards me on highway and nothing happened.
I can see dip in light beam though all the time for this car coming at me - Never changes.
Confirmed this pattern on the garage door.

So will connect today to ensure all stuck and I got them right.

Wish there was a way to test in daylight as my garage is not dark enough due to windows right next to my car and well...
ANyone have a way to test in daylight to confirm they work?

Ps I Did finally check my codes and found I have I think - Memory fading - a rear radar sensor short to ground issue and this is why my Parktronic does not work.
Heck I have never used Parktronic once or tried to as the little blue P sysmbol has never showed its ugly face - maybe now I have reason - Will search this and find what peeps did as well as confirm whatever codes I hve today before checking lights.

Anyone else trying this?
Old 04-22-2024, 09:42 AM

S212 E63S
I will check today if time permits.

I did go back when I was doing it after a change to see if it stuck and those I checked randomly seemed to stay.

My test drive was interesting.
As I first drove with it off and putting on Auto High (stick forward) really did nothing. not sure what it is supposed to do when youhave ILS off and in auto highbeam mode.
Lights still turned with steering wheel so that is good.
Pull stick and flash to pass still works.
Then turned-on ILS via instrument cluster using steering wheel controls - NEver went into high beam like flash to pass bright.
2 different cars were heading towards me on highway and nothing happened.
I can see dip in light beam though all the time for this car coming at me - Never changes.
Confirmed this pattern on the garage door.

So will connect today to ensure all stuck and I got them right.

Wish there was a way to test in daylight as my garage is not dark enough due to windows right next to my car and well...
ANyone have a way to test in daylight to confirm they work?

Ps I Did finally check my codes and found I have I think - Memory fading - a rear radar sensor short to ground issue and this is why my Parktronic does not work.
Heck I have never used Parktronic once or tried to as the little blue P sysmbol has never showed its ugly face - maybe now I have reason - Will search this and find what peeps did as well as confirm whatever codes I hve today before checking lights.

Anyone else trying this?
I had the same experience with light functions - I'm not sure if it's really working.

RE: rear radar sensor issues, my car had intermittent blind spot warning errors and radar sensor errors when I bought it (2016 E63S), only started popping up on the long drive home. Nothing in PPI. Dealer found corrosion in the rear blind spot sensor connectors and parking sensor connectors. Blind spot sensors and harness for the blind spot warning and parktronic sensors replaced under warranty.
It's a known issue on a few models. I guess it's bad enough for MB to cover it regardless of age.
Old 04-23-2024, 05:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
No time yesterday - Will try to today

I wonder if I that list is missing one?
Old 04-23-2024, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
Originally Posted by crashmtb
Exactly like you describe.

SG-SW-L shows -
SG-SW-R shows original 212M ILS SAE

Only these modules I checked all the others.
I wonder if another module/Variable etc needs something coded before doing the headlights?

When I cruise thru I see things that I do no understand like it says I do not have say lane keeping but trust me I do just keep it turned off.

I will send email note to the peeps I purchased from on amazon.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 200 Likes on 138 Posts
W212 M276 DELA 30 ; W211 OM642 ; R107 M117, Sierra 1500 LZ0
Following this thread, thank you for the translations, that was one of the reasons I've been avoiding trying this in Vediamo.
Old 04-23-2024, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
Maybe someone with a launch could connect to someone who has a working ILS Euro headlamps coded in their W212 and then check to see if anything is different from my list and/or has more things coded.

Old 04-23-2024, 07:23 PM

S212 E63S
No time yesterday - Will try to today

I wonder if I that list is missing one?
it doesn’t look like anything is missing.
Old 04-24-2024, 05:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
Got my reply and some homework but ask others with this funky issue of not saving to read and follow up.
Figure the more who report the more likely they are to fix.

FYI: I purchased on Amazon:
Link to unit which shows supplier:
Amazon.com: LAUNCH X431 Elite 2.0 Pro Bidirectional OBD2 Scanner Fit for Mercedes-Benz MB Sprinter Maybach,2024 Full System Diagnostic Scan Tool, All Reset Service, ECU Coding, Auto Vin, Lifetime F-Ree Update : Automotive Amazon.com: LAUNCH X431 Elite 2.0 Pro Bidirectional OBD2 Scanner Fit for Mercedes-Benz MB Sprinter Maybach,2024 Full System Diagnostic Scan Tool, All Reset Service, ECU Coding, Auto Vin, Lifetime F-Ree Update : Automotive

Supplier email - and they have replied during China Business hours every time and is in my inbox the next morning after I send them something:
Lifetime free user support: ediagtools@hotmail.com

My supplier email about this issue:

The problem you mentioned about the device not saving data after vehicle coding is performed, we have understood. To better solve your problem, please provide vehicle diagnostic feedback. This function enables you to feedback the diagnostic issues to LAUNCH for analysis and troubleshoting.
Please refer to the attached document for detailed steps on vehicle diagnostic feedback. In addition, when submitting diagnostic feedback, please attach the file of diagnostic record. After submitting the diagnostic feedback, we will send the SN code of the product to the technician. The technicians will search the problem you submitted based on the SN code. And please send us the SN code. The product's SN code is on the back of the tablet.
And the attachment is below as PDF.

The more that submit the more attention.
Attached Files

Last edited by ygmn; 04-24-2024 at 05:37 AM.
JettaRed (04-26-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 09:16 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
W212 E250 BT 4M
+1 on SG-SW-L shows -
SG-SW-R shows original 212M ILS SAE
Old 04-27-2024, 04:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
send in your file and in box for explanation say it will not sae under general what you want.

JettaRed (04-27-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 07:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
Got word back and does not look good unless more peeps complain and ask for a fix.

I sent them link and text from the You tube guy who used Vediamo to program.

Thank you for your reply.
I have sent the attachment to the engineer. The engineer provided feedback that the software of this device is the same as the original factory. However, LAUNCH Company currently does not have the information on unlocking the hidden function, so it is not clear if it needs to be combined with another projects to activate the intelligent lighting system. They suggest referring to the original factory's unlocking hidden information. In addition, there are currently no other solutions available.
Any questions, please feel free to contact us. And if you need to make a refund, please provide the order number.
I say the more who ask the more likely they will actually fix this one issue in those 2 modules.
Old 05-01-2024, 05:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E400 Sedan
I will be relentless in asking them to fix this and hope others are as well.

Latest
I have submitted all the information you sent to the engineers and consulted them again. They feedback that your operation is no problem. However, since LAUNCH company does not have the information to unlock the hidden function of the vehicle at this time, it is not clear which part of the process has caused the problem that prevents the regular content in the left and right modules from being saved. They suggest referring to the original factory's unlocking hidden information.
I really want to help you solve this problem, but since we do not have detailed information about this feature, there is no other solution at this time. I am very sorry that I cannot provide you with other useful assistance.
ANyone have info I can send them to help them fix their software so it will save these 2 variants.

I even told them to go find a W212 with LED lights and try it themselves.
Explained how China has their own version of this ILS..
SO CLOSE to this working yet so far away.
​​​​​​​

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trying to get LAUNCH to code Euro ILS