E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

AC cycles though every vent mode on startup

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E350 Cabriolet (A207)
AC cycles though every vent mode on startup

Many times (but not every time) on startup, the AC cycles through all of its vent modes (dash, dash + floor, floor + defrost, defrost) before settling on the dash vents. It does this on auto mode, and when I set the desired vent mode manually. Otherwise, the AC works just fine. This condition is pretty annoying as it changes the air pressure in the car and can be pretty loud as the blower motor runs at full speed while this happens. Additionally, I'm concerned about the actuators for the blend doors wearing out. I'm not receiving error messages or blinking lights on the AC control panel. Could this be an issue with the control panel? Model year 2013.
Old 05-03-2024, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,336 Likes on 2,220 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @55kMi
Originally Posted by Cole Hudson
Many times (but not every time) on startup, the AC cycles through all of its vent modes (dash, dash + floor, floor + defrost, defrost) before settling on the dash vents. It does this on auto mode, and when I set the desired vent mode manually. Otherwise, the AC works just fine. This condition is pretty annoying as it changes the air pressure in the car and can be pretty loud as the blower motor runs at full speed while this happens. Additionally, I'm concerned about the actuators for the blend doors wearing out. I'm not receiving error messages or blinking lights on the AC control panel. Could this be an issue with the control panel? Model year 2013.
Vent actuators and AAC module all feature solderless connections. That means they are nearly good until they become increasingly more marginal.

I would use a good scanner to to read and directly test the AAC HVAC Module.

How old is the inside cabin air filter?

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 05-03-2024 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2024, 07:46 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
a direct answer is YES and can be confirmed with MB Xentry diagnostics or equal