E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Engine seized??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2024, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Bluetech
Engine seized??

Not more than 4 days after getting my 13 E350 bluetec W212 back from the dealer it died

they just replaced the oil filter housing gasket, new timing chain and the ABS Control unit but didn’t fix the abs issue…

Was driving when a ticking started and the car started running a bit off. STOPPED, turned it all off, checked all the fluids everything was good.

plugged in my scanner as the engine light came on and a warning of water in fuel filter. Weird on the filter just had it replaced 2 months prior.

scanned came up Fuel injector 5 fault… so I checked all the wiring near the injectors for anything loose… all looked ok and secured.

started the car tick was gone… fuel filter warning gone. Engine still light on… moved the car not even 50 yards and the engine turned off.

no messages, no flashing lights just off.

pushed the car onto the side of the road…

tried turning it over but nothing. No ticking, just normal pwr to the instruments.

plugged the scanner in again, some code fuel injector 5.

checked the oil, level was good, wasn’t anything abnormal about it.

towed to the dealer, 4 days later I call them to see what’s wrong.

the shop foreman’s notes… engine possibly seized.

2 more days of waiting… I get called and told they don’t know why it’s not starting but there appears to be metal in the oil….

strange I didn’t see any….

I’m not sure if the mechanics at the MB dealer are new but.. they just has me replace the abs control module and then tell me I didn’t need to as it didn’t fix the abs issue…

I have a feeling they’re going to tell me to replace the engine before even finding out the actual issue….

anyways why wouldn't a oil problem not come up on a scan… could the dealer have messed something up changing the oil filter housing gasket or the timing chain to cause metal they found in the oil? I can imagine the fuel injector causing any of this… but hell nothing on the vehicle makes any sense to me.

Old 06-15-2024, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,734 Likes on 2,484 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Ouch, sorry to read about your recent service experience

Nothing is impossible if the new oil pump seal was sucking air... RIP
🤞