E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Brand new to M-B (and this forum)!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 04:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
'17 E300 & '20 GLE 350
Brand new to M-B (and this forum)!

Hello M-B enthusiasts! I am a first time M-B owner and new to this forum. After 10 years of happy driving in an Acura, I decided to make a change. Really love the 2017 E300 redesigned exterior styling, luxurious interior and all the very cool technologies.

Decided on the 2017 E300 4Matic, Selenite grey metallic, black leather, natural grain brown ash wood, sport wheel package, 18” AMG rims, Premium 3 package, warmth & comfort package, 12.3” instrument cluster, panoramic sunroof, rear deck spoiler, trunk comfort box.

Have been driving the car for a month now and it is AMAZING! The ride is silky smooth! Quick and responsive engine. Getting fantastic gas mileage. Super comfortable seats and headrest. Love the in-seat massage! Seat warmers heat up very quickly. Head-up display is nice. 12.3” cluster display is gorgeous and very customizable. Ambient lighting with 64 colors is very cool and looks amazing at night.

I’ve tried the semi-autonomous driving several times and am still getting used to it. As you can imagine, it’s a little unnerving at first. Have not yet tried the park assist. I’ve set the brake assist to early and it’s chirped at me a few times appropriately. The 360 degree radar/camera are excellent. Blind spot assist and rear camera are very helpful and have chirped at me appropriately. The adaptive headlights are bright and I like how it lights up the road I’m going to turn into.

The COMAND info-entertainment display is gorgeous and razor sharp! I’m still getting used to the buttonology of the system. (I’m hoping for some How-to videos to be posted soon) Navigation system is pretty good. The routes suggested and estimated drive times are pretty accurate. It wont let me set my home address as “Home” for some reason (if you know how to do that please let me know). Radio loads in all the HD radio stations very slowly. It can take up to 5 minutes of driving before all radio stations are selectable. I’ve gotten around it by giving voice command for a specific frequency and also building a list of presets. HVAC heats/cools the car pretty quickly. I have not yet tried Apple CarPlay.

Front cup holders are a little shallow so be careful with large cups of coffee that could tip over. Glove box doesn’t have much room in it but the air freshener is a really nice luxurious touch. After a hard days work, the in-seat massage is great. The Wave massage gets your attention…try it and you’ll see what I mean. Rear seat space is adequate. The trunk comfort box is handy when bringing home groceries. I don’t have a spare tire.

Anyway, just some of my newbie initial thoughts. Overall, I’m THRILLED with the car! Looking forward to learning more about it with the help folks in this forum.
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (12-17-2016)
Old 11-25-2016, 05:36 PM

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 E300 4matic Sport
Nice initial report. Best of luck with your new ride
Old 12-16-2016, 07:25 PM

'17 E300 & '20 GLE 350
Figured out how to set an address as Home (with the help of the dealership).

If you enter your address via voice recognition the system will NOT let you Save as "Home"

BUT if you enter your address via the joystick (i.e. one character at a time), then go to previous addresses and left swipe, it will let you Save as "Home" You can then add it to favorites.

Using voice command "Navigate to Home" doesn't work. And I don't know how to see the list of directions its sending you on when you navigate to a point. Maybe that can be something for a future software update.

By the way, the car is still phenomenal!
Old 12-17-2016, 11:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 703 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by xrayted
Hello M-B enthusiasts! I am a first time M-B owner and new to this forum. After 10 years of happy driving in an Acura, I decided to make a change. Really love the 2017 E300 redesigned exterior styling, luxurious interior and all the very cool technologies.

Decided on the 2017 E300 4Matic, Selenite grey metallic, black leather, natural grain brown ash wood, sport wheel package, 18” AMG rims, Premium 3 package, warmth & comfort package, 12.3” instrument cluster, panoramic sunroof, rear deck spoiler, trunk comfort box.

Have been driving the car for a month now and it is AMAZING! The ride is silky smooth! Quick and responsive engine. Getting fantastic gas mileage. Super comfortable seats and headrest. Love the in-seat massage! Seat warmers heat up very quickly. Head-up display is nice. 12.3” cluster display is gorgeous and very customizable. Ambient lighting with 64 colors is very cool and looks amazing at night.

I’ve tried the semi-autonomous driving several times and am still getting used to it. As you can imagine, it’s a little unnerving at first. Have not yet tried the park assist. I’ve set the brake assist to early and it’s chirped at me a few times appropriately. The 360 degree radar/camera are excellent. Blind spot assist and rear camera are very helpful and have chirped at me appropriately. The adaptive headlights are bright and I like how it lights up the road I’m going to turn into.

The COMAND info-entertainment display is gorgeous and razor sharp! I’m still getting used to the buttonology of the system. (I’m hoping for some How-to videos to be posted soon) Navigation system is pretty good. The routes suggested and estimated drive times are pretty accurate. It wont let me set my home address as “Home” for some reason (if you know how to do that please let me know). Radio loads in all the HD radio stations very slowly. It can take up to 5 minutes of driving before all radio stations are selectable. I’ve gotten around it by giving voice command for a specific frequency and also building a list of presets. HVAC heats/cools the car pretty quickly. I have not yet tried Apple CarPlay.

Front cup holders are a little shallow so be careful with large cups of coffee that could tip over. Glove box doesn’t have much room in it but the air freshener is a really nice luxurious touch. After a hard days work, the in-seat massage is great. The Wave massage gets your attention…try it and you’ll see what I mean. Rear seat space is adequate. The trunk comfort box is handy when bringing home groceries. I don’t have a spare tire.

Anyway, just some of my newbie initial thoughts. Overall, I’m THRILLED with the car! Looking forward to learning more about it with the help folks in this forum.
Congrats
Like you Im a previous Acura guy but switched in 2014 after I found the new TSX and RLX to be pretty bad to be my next new car. I really like driving my C400 which I'm now exchanging for a C43. The only downside of moving to MB has been niggling reliability issues. The powertrain has been bulletproof and satisfying in every way but I've had issues with the air suspension, radio, door LEDs and chattering wipers. The C was a first year model and first sedan that MB built in the US so I hope that the E will have a better quality build since its not being built here yet. Again, enjoy, I truly feel these new E class is truly the best overall driving vehicle in the market right now regardless of price, its awesome!!!
Old 12-17-2016, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Welcome please post picture of your ride
Old 12-20-2016, 03:54 PM

'17 E300 & '20 GLE 350
Here are some pics...
Attached Thumbnails Brand new to M-B (and this forum)!-img_4995.jpg   Brand new to M-B (and this forum)!-img_4996.jpg   Brand new to M-B (and this forum)!-img_4994.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by xrayted:
ABill (02-27-2018), dbldpr (12-20-2016)
Old 12-20-2016, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 678 Likes on 643 Posts
2014 E350 also restored: 1969 Camaro convertible SS 1957 Chevy Belair 2dr hardtop
Nice looking ride
The following users liked this post:
xrayted (12-21-2016)
Old 12-21-2016, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 150 Posts
2016 GLC300 Dakota Brown on Espresso Brown Leather, 2014 C250 Sport Diamond Silver
+1
Old 12-21-2016, 07:44 PM

Received 204 Likes on 154 Posts
2021 GLE350, 2021 E350 / Used to drive: 2019 E300, 2020 GLE350, 2019 E450 Wagon(s), 2017 E300 Sedan
Nice looking ride, and nice looking house behind it. :-)
Old 02-25-2018, 06:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Lexus RX350
I’ve got basically the same car in obsidian black metallic! Beautiful car! Enjoy!
Old 02-27-2018, 02:36 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
W213 Night Edition 220d. (ML250 SLK350AMG)
sweeet :-)

nice pics and happy to read of your real love affair with your e300.

I've used the Apple Car play only a few times. The thing i like about it is that if you're driving you can send imessages, otherwise i never use it. I prefer the mercedes comand system.

hi from australia