E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Still no Internet Connectivity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 04:13 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
10 speed bicycle
Can you see their serial number, only if you have XENTRY, access to VeDoc, or physically remove the COMAND and read it off the side. However if you looked in VeDoc now it would be missing. It can still be pulled up in the history though.

Ot appears that the Serial number was missing since before you took Delivery. When the vehicle first arrives at the VPC one of the things that happens is registration of the HERMES control unit (LTE network device) on Verizon's cellular network. This happens after a feed is provided from the plant to Verizon telematics. During this initial check the certificate is established and stored and then only rechecked periodically. It seems that yours went to recheck and saw the serial number missing.

Before any MB apps make it to the internet they have quite a journey. COMAND is connected to the HERMES control unit via WiFi, there is no hardware from COMAND to HERMES, this then makes the cellular connection via Verizon's cell network. From here it makes its first security check at Verizon telematics server and verifies active account. This is then passed on to the Daimler vehicle backend. Daimler vehicle backend pings VeDoc and confirms vin, radio serial number and a few other items. Once Daimler vehicle backend gets the ok back it allows access to any of the me apps (all vpn) or access to the open internet.
The following 2 users liked this post by MBtech1098:
Planethill (12-07-2021), SaffsDad (09-06-2018)
Old 12-03-2016, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 611 Likes on 416 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
[QUOTE=MBtech1098;6985608]Can you see their serial number, only if you have XENTRY, access to VeDoc, or physically remove the COMAND and read it off the side. However if you looked in VeDoc now it would be missing. It can still be pulled up in the history though.

Ot appears that the Serial number was missing since before you took Delivery. When the vehicle first arrives at the VPC one of the things that happens is registration of the HERMES control unit (LTE network device) on Verizon's cellular network. This happens after a feed is provided from the plant to Verizon telematics. During this initial check the certificate is established and stored and then only rechecked periodically. It seems that yours went to recheck and saw the serial number missing.

Before any MB apps make it to the internet they have quite a journey. COMAND is connected to the HERMES control unit via WiFi, there is no hardware from COMAND to HERMES, this then makes the cellular connection via Verizon's cell network. From here it makes its first security check at Verizon telematics server and verifies active account. This is then passed on to the Daimler vehicle backend. Daimler vehicle backend pings VeDoc and confirms vin, radio serial number and a few other items. Once Daimler vehicle backend gets the ok back it allows access to any of the me apps (all vpn) or access to the open internet.[/QUOTE/

I have the radio serial number from the PDI.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:33 PM

10 speed bicycle
It is not required for the PDI unless they gave you a printout. However does not matter, the dealer, you, or mbrace cannot enter it, only MB engineering can.

Dealer will need to create a technical case for help.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:36 PM

10 speed bicycle
Oh and if it is the serial number from VMI/Netstar, it is wrong anyway. That field is only for the older cars. VeDoc is the only place the serial number for a 213 is documented.
Old 12-03-2016, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MBtech1098
Oh and if it is the serial number from VMI/Netstar, it is wrong anyway. That field is only for the older cars. VeDoc is the only place the serial number for a 213 is documented.
​​​
​​​​​​It is from Netstar / VMI printout! 8am I will be in the dealer service with the tech.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 E300, Selenite Grey, P2, Sport Wheel package 18" AMG, Leather seats
Originally Posted by HBerman
​​​
​​​​​​It is from Netstar / VMI printout! 8am I will be in the dealer service with the tech.
Did the dealer fix the problem?
Old 12-06-2016, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by The Benz
Did the dealer fix the problem?
Yes! The LTE module was updated, all of the software was brought up to November levels, the radio serial number was added to the VeDoc, the VPN certificate was re-registered and validated. Everything is working now.

BTW, my tech told me that the LTE module was also flashed with new firmware to make the online connection more reliable. The only thing that I am waiting on is the Live Traffic display, but that takes 24 hours to connect with the server according to Mbrace. I am now a happy camper again.

The loaner car that the dealer gave me was a C300 2016. What a POS for ride and noise. Definitely reinforced my enjoyment of my E300 when I got it back today. 😀😀

Update: Once again information from Mbrace was faulty. Live Traffic had to be SELECTED on the Navigation menu. I have now done so and all is back in order. I had forgotten that I had done that when the car was new.

Last edited by HBerman; 12-06-2016 at 08:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
c4004matic (12-23-2016)
Old 12-23-2016, 04:38 PM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E300 P03
Any update on this issue? My network connection has no issue since 07/2016 until a few days ago. The wireless signal indicator has 4 bars and the hot spot works just fine. There's no network connectivity, however. Mbrace tech blames Verizon for the outage and said they are in the dark and cannot even confirm the cause. They advised me to wait for a few days. They also advised that I should press the "i" button from time to time to preform some type of refresh. I'll try that and report here.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by ADD0514
Any update on this issue? My network connection has no issue since 07/2016 until a few days ago. The wireless signal indicator has 4 bars and the hot spot works just fine. There's no network connectivity, however. Mbrace tech blames Verizon for the outage and said they are in the dark and cannot even confirm the cause. They advised me to wait for a few days. They also advised that I should press the "i" button from time to time to preform some type of refresh. I'll try that and report here.

It is very interesting to hear the different "stories" MBrace is willing to tell its customers.

My '16 S550 4matic has been having connection issues for the past three months. I just talked to them again today. Atleast for me they keep telling me their network cannot handle the traffic and they are working on updating their network by the 1st of the year to be able to handle the traffic. Right

My problem is that in the morning I can get a connection w/internet radio working while beginning just at noon about everyday my MBrace apps stop working until about 9pm. MBrace has told me it is a network capacity issue but who knows since I have been dealing with this same issue since December 2013--first on my '14 S550 4matic and now on my '16 S550 4matic.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MTrauman
It is very interesting to hear the different "stories" MBrace is willing to tell its customers.

My '16 S550 4matic has been having connection issues for the past three months. I just talked to them again today. Atleast for me they keep telling me their network cannot handle the traffic and they are working on updating their network by the 1st of the year to be able to handle the traffic. Right

My problem is that in the morning I can get a connection w/internet radio working while beginning just at noon about everyday my MBrace apps stop working until about 9pm. MBrace has told me it is a network capacity issue but who knows since I have been dealing with this same issue since December 2013--first on my '14 S550 4matic and now on my '16 S550 4matic.
Getting the Internet Radio to work sometimes means, when it is grayed out, that I have to first go to the system menu, check that I have internet connection online, then go back to the Radio menu, select Internet Radio, and then it works. All of this seems like faulty programming more than a capacity issue with Verizon. My smartphone is on Verizon 4G LTE and when all of this is happening, the data on my phone is just fine. Other than this issue, the vehicle continues to perform splendidly.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Lexus GX460, W211 E63AMG, W213 E300 4Matic
Hi, last week i got a 2017 E300 4MATIC for my wife, we loved the car (our first Mercedes) everything is great except for the Internet on it, As you can see on the image below, it says "offline", i did register with Mbrace 3 Mo trial package, but still no internet in the car.

Also, the Mercedes Me app,

1. I can not start, unlock/lock , locate my car... none of these features are working.
2. Link my MBFS account >> when i enter my SSN, the app says " The information provided does not match whats in our system. Make sure it matches what was entered in your finance contract at time of purchase"

I would really appreciate any help, because this this regardless how miniscule in daily driving but its bugging the hell out of me.

Old 06-03-2019, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 240 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by HBerman
Getting the Internet Radio to work sometimes means, when it is grayed out, that I have to first go to the system menu, check that I have internet connection online, then go back to the Radio menu, select Internet Radio, and then it works. All of this seems like faulty programming more than a capacity issue with Verizon. My smartphone is on Verizon 4G LTE and when all of this is happening, the data on my phone is just fine. Other than this issue, the vehicle continues to perform splendidly.
When mine acts up like this, I find that rebooting COMAND usually fixes it. Press down on the center console volume button until COMAND switches off and restarts.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 818 Likes on 649 Posts
If it as never worked, call MB at the number in the error message.
Old 06-03-2019, 01:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 218 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by machoman47
Hi, last week i got a 2017 E300 4MATIC for my wife, we loved the car (our first Mercedes) everything is great except for the Internet on it, As you can see on the image below, it says "offline", i did register with Mbrace 3 Mo trial package, but still no internet in the car.

Also, the Mercedes Me app,

1. I can not start, unlock/lock , locate my car... none of these features are working.
2. Link my MBFS account >> when i enter my SSN, the app says " The information provided does not match whats in our system. Make sure it matches what was entered in your finance contract at time of purchase"

I would really appreciate any help, because this this regardless how miniscule in daily driving but its bugging the hell out of me.

I assume you purchased the car at a Mercedes Benz dealer since you are attempting to link your Mercedes Benz Financial loan/lease account to the app. Go back to the dealer and have them help you figure this out.
The following users liked this post:
machoman47 (06-03-2019)
Old 06-03-2019, 02:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Lexus GX460, W211 E63AMG, W213 E300 4Matic
yes sir, did a round of phone calls, making traction. spoke w/ the MB tech , they did some "updates" on their side on my account and asked me to wait 24-48 hours on the internet.

app started to work on lock/unlock , remote start ,

MBFS says will take 24 days for my information to show up on their end from the date of purchase.

Thank you all for your help.

P.s. beautiful S550 btw.