Still no Internet Connectivity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Still no Internet Connectivity

My internet connectivity stopped working about 10 days ago after it had been functioning normally for about 2 weeks since delivery. Numerous calls to Mbrace have resulted in NO resolution and the dealer has told me that the car requires a software update which is not available at this time. My situation is apparently not unique as the shop foreman told me that there are numerous other 2017 E300 that are also affected. The lack of internet connectivity is affecting the locator functions, traffic updates, internet radio, and Mercedes Apps (weather, browser, etc.). I currently have an open service ticket waiting on the update. Anyone else out there with the similar issue. I find this unbelievable that the issue cannot be resolved at this point.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:42 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
S550
No issues here. Hope you get it resolved soon.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
I picked up my new E class yesterday and nothing has worked. I have the SOS not ready message and Mercedes Apps doesn't load and times out. I wasn't sure if it was bc I haven't called MBrace to set it up yet, though I thought my salesman did.
Old 11-26-2016, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by joshg1001
I picked up my new E class yesterday and nothing has worked. I have the SOS not ready message and Mercedes Apps doesn't load and times out. I wasn't sure if it was bc I haven't called MBrace to set it up yet, though I thought my salesman did.
The dealer should have set the trial period up and you should have made a Welcome call to Mbrace using the "I" button on the overhead panel. That should work, but it may not restore the internet access.

Last edited by HBerman; 11-26-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 08:28 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 E300, Selenite Grey, P2, Sport Wheel package 18" AMG, Leather seats
Originally Posted by HBerman
My internet connectivity stopped working about 10 days ago after it had been functioning normally for about 2 weeks since delivery. Numerous calls to Mbrace have resulted in NO resolution and the dealer has told me that the car requires a software update which is not available at this time. My situation is apparently not unique as the shop foreman told me that there are numerous other 2017 E300 that are also affected. The lack of internet connectivity is affecting the locator functions, traffic updates, internet radio, and Mercedes Apps (weather, browser, etc.). I currently have an open service ticket waiting on the update. Anyone else out there with the similar issue. I find this unbelievable that the issue cannot be resolved at this point.
Thank you for making this it's own thread.

My car is at the dealer for this exact problem and I just took delivery of the car last week. Mbrace insists that it's a MB problem and acts like I'm the only one to have reported this issue. The service tech is convinced that it's a splitter within the GPS antenna. I'm not convinced that anyone knows how to correct it. It's really frustrating! I'm picking up my car Monday, fixed or not.

Last edited by The Benz; 11-26-2016 at 08:41 PM.
The following users liked this post:
OkayThen (05-11-2022)
Old 11-26-2016, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by The Benz
Thank you for making this it's own thread.

My car is at the dealer for this exact problem and I just took delivery of the car last week. Mbrace insists that it's a MB problem and acts like I'm the only one to have reported this issue. The service tech is convinced that it's a splitter within the GPS antenna. I'm not convinced that anyone knows how to correct it. It's really frustrating! I'm picking up my car Monday, fixed or not.
I doubt that it is the splitter as I can see the system with 4 bars attempting to start communications, but failing with what looks to be an incorrect id. It seems to be affecting recently produced cars and my shop foreman "knows" that it is a software update that is needed. Let's stay posted on our progress (or the lack thereof). Why would your tech think it's the GPS antenna?

Last edited by HBerman; 11-27-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:07 PM

I doubt that it is the splitter as I can see the system with 4 bars attempting to start communications, but failing with what looks to be an incorrect id. It seems to be affecting recently produced cars and my shop foreman "knows" that it is a software update that is needed. Let's stay posted on our progress (or the lack thereof). Why would your tech think it's the GPS antenna?
My navigation is working fine and I can also voice contact Mbrace by pushing the I button and the Wrench button. Mbrace can receive the call but not locate the car and internet, traffic or MB apps don't work. This leads the tech to believe it's a GPS splitter at the antennae. I agree with you that it's a software issue. It's odd that it's just on recent builds though. Once I get my vehicle back tomorrow I'll post the results. HQ complaints forthcoming.
Old 11-27-2016, 06:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My navigation is working fine and I can also voice contact Mbrace by pushing the I button and the Wrench button. Mbrace can receive the call but not locate the car and internet, traffic or MB apps don't work. This leads the tech to believe it's a GPS splitter at the antennae. I agree with you that it's a software issue. It's odd that it's just on recent builds though. Once I get my vehicle back tomorrow I'll post the results. HQ complaints forthcoming.
My symptoms are the same. Dealer says it is a software issue waiting on update. Thanks for updating.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:34 PM

So today the dealer (top MB sales in U.S.) replaced the GPS antenae and that didn't correct the problem. MB and the dealer are now convinced that it needs a Hermes (sp?) unit replacement which will be done tomorrow. Mbrace, MB and dealer have all elevated their response. We'll see. Stay tuned.
Old 11-28-2016, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So today the dealer (top MB sales in U.S.) replaced the GPS antenae and that didn't correct the problem. MB and the dealer are now convinced that it needs a Hermes (sp?) unit replacement which will be done tomorrow. Mbrace, MB and dealer have all elevated their response. We'll see. Stay tuned.
I have my fingers crossed that the replacement unit will fix the issue. I believe that it will work temporarily until the condition that caused the internet communications failure happens again. My bet is still on the software update. BTW, what was the production date on your vehicle? Mbrace is still clueless about the issue as of 1PM EST. The response from MB Level 3 is that they have never heard of the issue either. Are we actually living in a parallel universe?

This is the communications feature code: 362 HERMES COMMUNICATION MODULE LTE

Thanks again for the update.

Last edited by HBerman; 11-30-2016 at 05:54 AM.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:00 PM

Well, as expected, the replacement of the Hermes Communication Module did not solve the problem. I've pretty much lost faith with the dealers or MB's ability to solve the problem but they want me to wait until tomorrow morning since the MB communication system is down too. I can't begin to express my frustration. I've waited 3 months for delivery and have less than 100 miles on the car. As of tomorrow it will have been at the dealer for service for 6 days. In general, I love the car...........just less than before.

My production date was Sept. 21. It'll teach me to get a car built in the middle of Octoberfest!!
Old 11-29-2016, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well, as expected, the replacement of the Hermes Communication Module did not solve the problem. I've pretty much lost faith with the dealers or MB's ability to solve the problem but they want me to wait until tomorrow morning since the MB communication system is down too. I can't begin to express my frustration. I've waited 3 months for delivery and have less than 100 miles on the car. As of tomorrow it will have been at the dealer for service for 6 days. In general, I love the car...........just less than before.

My production date was Sept. 21. It'll teach me to get a car built in the middle of Octoberfest!!
Sorry that the replacement LTE module did not fix the issue, but I didn't think that it would since MBrace uses the module for the SOS communication which is working properly, correct? My dealer insists that it is software (and I believe that it is in the COMMAND software, but no confirmation as of yet). I can't believe that all of this was working properly for a two week period before the connectivity problem showed up.

I also opened an executive technical case with MB HQ today. PM me and I'll fill you in on what I have found out so far. My frustration is running very high at this point.

Last edited by HBerman; 11-29-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:31 AM

Agreed...... PM sent. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by joshg1001
Did you every get your internet access sorted out? I'm still waiting on MB for a software update to correct the access issue.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had a call from MBrace L2 support this morning concerning their progress (or lack thereof) in resolving my internet issue. The person informed me that they have known about the problem for 2 MONTHS now and that they and MB Germany were working on a solution. Unbelievable nonsense was explained to me about how my internet connection is really WiFi!!!. Anyway, it goes without saying that they are no closer to a solution today than several weeks ago. I wonder if they can ever really fix this with the problem determination protocol that they are currently employing. I'm becoming more frustrated each day that this goes unresolved. Obviously they were lying to me when they initially informed me that they had never heard of the problem before I called in several weeks ago.

Last edited by HBerman; 12-02-2016 at 04:50 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 07:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2017 E-Class
Similar problem on my car. Internet and all online services were working fine up to the point of a Software Update the dealer did due to some of the other problems stated in this Forum. Result was no online service working and inconsistency of messages between main display and the instrument cluster display (one said SOS Ready the other prompted a message SOS not registered).
The car is in service for a week and the dealership is working with MB Germany on the issues. It seems the software updates did not go through and the state of the controllers got messed up.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:16 PM

I'm finally back up and running!! After one week in the shop, the Dealer worked with level 2 Dealer Support at Mbrace. It sounds too good (and simple) to be true, but apparently the serial number of the head unit was missing from registration process. Keeping fingers crossed that this is the real fix. Internet, apps, SOS all working as designed.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm finally back up and running!! After one week in the shop, the Dealer worked with level 2 Dealer Support at Mbrace. It sounds too good (and simple) to be true, but apparently the serial number of the head unit was missing from registration process. Keeping fingers crossed that this is the real fix. Internet, apps, SOS all working as designed.
Where is this serial number located? The registration process with MBrace never requested anything except the VIN number. This doesn't sound like a real fix. I talked to MBrace L2 yesterday and they still had no clue as to the issue. I do hope that your "fix" keeps working.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:42 PM

2017 E-Class
Got my car back today and Online services are back and fully functional. In the work order it says "PRSS confirm fault on server. After fault was rectified system is working..."
Diesel Benz (12-04-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Beam
Got my car back today and Online services are back and fully functional. In the work order it says "PRSS confirm fault on server. After fault was rectified system is working..."
I guess that I am not understanding the "fix" What is a PRSS fault on server? Which server? In the car or in MBrace.

Thanks for any update here. My dealer doesn't know what a PRSS fault is.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
What is a PRSS fault on server?
Public Register Subscription Service fault, in this case mbrace.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by konigstiger
Public Register Subscription Service fault, in this case mbrace.
Thank you. How do you suggest that this gets resolved? Mbrace seems to know nothing about the problem solution, but this is logically the answer. I'll talk to MBrace L 2 on Monday to see if they can get this sorted out. The question is, what is missing. They've checked the VIN registration on the system and it agrees with my documentation.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:43 AM

2017 E-Class
Thank you. How do you suggest that this gets resolved? Mbrace seems to know nothing about the problem solution, but this is logically the answer. I'll talk to MBrace L 2 on Monday to see if they can get this sorted out. The question is, what is missing. They've checked the VIN registration on the system and it agrees with my documentation.
For me the dealer talked to MBrace Dealer support. Calling MBrace form my car was not resulting in any progress for me, so I brought my car in to the dealer for this and some other problems....
Old 12-03-2016, 02:55 PM

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
10 speed bicycle
hberman-the last two digits of your VIN is 08, correct? I can see where the COMAND serial number is missing. This can only be corrected by your dealer with the help of engineering. mbrace support can not help you here.

After that is corrected your dealer will need to reset the VPN certificate in COMANDwith XENTRY.

The VIN along with the COMAND serial number is checked in the Daimler vehicle backend. If all matches the access to the internet is allowed. If not access is blocked.
Diesel Benz (12-05-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank you for the guidance to the solution! I had previously concluded that there was a network certificate missing. The mystery, to me, is why things were working properly for two weeks and then just stopped overnight. I'll post back with the success. Thank you again. BTW, is there anyway I can see the COMAND serial number?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Still no Internet Connectivity