Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W213)
2019 E450 and E53 Wagon coming to Canada >

2019 E450 and E53 Wagon coming to Canada

Notices
E-Class (W213) 2016 -

2019 E450 and E53 Wagon coming to Canada

 
Old 03-10-2018, 07:10 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
W205
2019 E450 and E53 Wagon coming to Canada

I am so excited today as my sales told me that E450 and E53 Wagon will be available for 2019 model. Just placed an order on 2018 e400 wagon last week. But now I gonna switch to the e53. I was really disappointed when Canada (and US) not getting the E43 Wagon. But now we gonna have the new inline 6!

price not out yet, but the option sheets are. Air body control will be standard on the 53 while HUD will be a stand-alone.
4dimension is offline  
The following users liked this post: 4dimension
Germancar1 (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 02:26 PM
  #2  
Wig
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 286
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
...
Thanks for posting. Do you know if the sedan will be available in E450 and E53 versions?
Wig is online now  
Old 03-12-2018, 02:30 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by Wig View Post
Thanks for posting. Do you know if the sedan will be available in E450 and E53 versions?
Yes, there will be E350, E450, E53 4Matic+, E63s 4Matic+ sedan; no E43 anymore i think
The wagons will have E450, E53 4Matic+ and E63s 4Matic+
4dimension is offline  
The following users liked this post: 4dimension
Wig (03-12-2018)
Old 03-12-2018, 05:43 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Germancar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 4,359
Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
MBUSA really should give the U.S. a crack at the E53 Wagon too.

M
Germancar1 is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 05:45 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by Germancar1 View Post
MBUSA really should give the U.S. a crack at the E53 Wagon too.

M
If Canada is getting it, the US is definitely getting it.
4dimension is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 05:48 PM
  #6  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Germancar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 4,359
Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by 4dimension View Post
If Canada is getting it, the US is definitely getting it.
Not hardly. You do know that Canada regularly gets models that the U.S. never see right? Canada getting a particular model is NO indication of what the U.S. will get.

M
Germancar1 is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 05:51 PM
  #7  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by Germancar1 View Post
Not hardly. You do know that Canada regularly gets models that the U.S. never see right? Canada getting a particular model is NO indication of what the U.S. will get.

M
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know that. I totally thought it was the other way around.
4dimension is offline  
Old 03-12-2018, 06:02 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Germancar1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 4,359
Liked 61 Times in 48 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
It would be nice though, but I don't they sell enough wagons here in the U.S. to justify selling the E53 wagon here, but anything is possible.

M
Germancar1 is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 06:55 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 15
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2019 E53 Wagon
Originally Posted by 4dimension View Post
I am so excited today as my sales told me that E450 and E53 Wagon will be available for 2019 model. Just placed an order on 2018 e400 wagon last week. But now I gonna switch to the e53. I was really disappointed when Canada (and US) not getting the E43 Wagon. But now we gonna have the new inline 6!

price not out yet, but the option sheets are. Air body control will be standard on the 53 while HUD will be a stand-alone.
Any chance you have the option sheets to share? I just ordered a 2018 E400 wagon and it looks like I'll want to change that to a 2019 E53!
coconut780 is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 06:59 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by coconut780 View Post
Any chance you have the option sheets to share? I just ordered a 2018 E400 wagon and it looks like I'll want to change that to a 2019 E53!
Please pm me your email address and I will send it to you. BTW, which city are you in? Didn't you SA tell you that there will be a change for the 2019 model?
4dimension is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 09:09 PM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 31
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
N/A
Do you know if the E450 will have the new inline 6 engine? I heard it might have a V6 engine with 362 hp; I'd be pretty disappointed if they don't include the new Inline 6 engine in the E class
SirJulian is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 09:13 PM
  #12  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by SirJulian View Post
Do you know if the E450 will have the new inline 6 engine? I heard it might have a V6 engine with 362 hp; I'd be pretty disappointed if they don't include the new Inline 6 engine in the E class
450 is still V6 twin turbo, just boost the hp to 362. My guess is MB will replace the V6 with the new inline 6 for future 450, just like cls 450. The 53 will have the new inline 6.
4dimension is offline  
The following users liked this post: 4dimension
SirJulian (03-20-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 09:19 PM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 31
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by 4dimension View Post
450 is still V6 twin turbo, just boost the hp to 362. My guess is MB will replace the V6 with the new inline 6 for future 450, just like cls 450. The 53 will have the new inline 6.
That's a bummer. Can you confirm if the 12.3 instrument cluster and heads up display is both stand alone options, now?

Last edited by SirJulian; 03-20-2018 at 09:27 PM.
SirJulian is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 09:22 PM
  #14  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by SirJulian View Post
That's bimmer. Can you confirm if the 12.3 instrument cluster and heads up display is both stand alone options, now?
For E450, 12.3 display is included in the Premium package; for 53, it's standard.
HUD is stand alone option for both.
4dimension is offline  
Old 03-20-2018, 10:08 PM
  #15  
Wig
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 286
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
...
Originally Posted by 4dimension View Post
450 is still V6 twin turbo, just boost the hp to 362. My guess is MB will replace the V6 with the new inline 6 for future 450, just like cls 450. The 53 will have the new inline 6.
That's a major disappointment. I was hoping the E450 would have the inline 6. Maybe MB want to keep the CLS a bit more exclusive.

Do you know the HP of the forthcoming E350 inline 4?
Wig is online now  
Old 03-20-2018, 10:11 PM
  #16  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by Wig View Post
That's a major disappointment. I was hoping the E450 would have the inline 6. Maybe MB want to keep the CLS a bit more exclusive.

Do you know the HP of the forthcoming E350 inline 4?
What I heard itís just under 300, not sure the exact number though.
4dimension is offline  
The following users liked this post: 4dimension
Wig (03-20-2018)
Old 03-21-2018, 09:12 AM
  #17  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 31
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by 4dimension View Post

What I heard itís just under 300, not sure the exact number though.
I heard it's 292 hp for the E350 with an EQ boost to push it to 310. That's pretty nice.
SirJulian is offline  
Old 03-21-2018, 09:13 AM
  #18  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 31
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by 4dimension View Post
For E450, 12.3 display is included in the Premium package; for 53, it's standard.
HUD is stand alone option for both.
When you say it's included in the premium package, do you mean all premium packages(1,2, and 3) or just 2 and 3 as they have it now?
SirJulian is offline  
Old 03-21-2018, 08:34 PM
  #19  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 78
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
E450 Sedan 2019
Originally Posted by SirJulian View Post
When you say it's included in the premium package, do you mean all premium packages(1,2, and 3) or just 2 and 3 as they have it now?
I think the packages are done differently in Canada because we only have one premium package which includes the 12.3 inch instrument cluster and a few others things like heated steering wheel, rearview camera, and keyless go etc. I know that the United States has P1, P2, P3 and most of the stuff available in those packages are in a seperate package in Canada (technology package, intelligent drive and exclusive etc) so it might be hard to compare the two.
KingScrubs is offline  
Old 03-21-2018, 09:44 PM
  #20  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 31
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by KingScrubs View Post
I think the packages are done differently in Canada because we only have one premium package which includes the 12.3 inch instrument cluster and a few others things like heated steering wheel, rearview camera, and keyless go etc. I know that the United States has P1, P2, P3 and most of the stuff available in those packages are in a seperate package in Canada (technology package, intelligent drive and exclusive etc) so it might be hard to compare the two.
Yeah; I spoke with my dealer and for the 2019 models both the 12.3 digital instrument cluster and heads up display are stand alone options.
SirJulian is offline  
Old 03-25-2018, 01:51 PM
  #21  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2018 Accord Touring
Is the 2019 steering wheel the same as 2018 or does it look like the 2018 S Class steering wheel? ie different thumb controls. (aluminum appearance vs black appearance)

Do you know if the 2019 E400 gets the improved Intelligent Drive to match the 2018 S Class Intelligent Drive, which has superior hardware and software.

The improved 2018 S Class will automatically slow for roundabouts, exits toll booths. It is still Level 2 but a definite improvement over the 2017-2018 E Class P3 assist functions.

My 2018 E400 wagon just arrived after being ordered 8 months ago. I'll reorder 2019 E400 wagon if it's a E450 with improved Intelligent Drive.

One more question: do you know if the 2019 E450 has the 48v battery for smoother Stop-Start function, and maybe even engine shut-off when coasting?
Skyblazer is offline  
Old 03-25-2018, 01:55 PM
  #22  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2018 Accord Touring
This site claims to know the 2019 E Class upgrades

E300 becomes E350 with more HP through Eco Boost

E400 becomes E450 with more HP through Eco Boost

HUD and dual screens become standalone options.

http://mbzmaster.com/
Skyblazer is offline  
Old 03-25-2018, 02:05 PM
  #23  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
W205
Originally Posted by Skyblazer View Post
Is the 2019 steering wheel the same as 2018 or does it look like the 2018 S Class steering wheel? ie different thumb controls. (aluminum appearance vs black appearance)

Do you know if the 2019 E400 gets the improved Intelligent Drive to match the 2018 S Class Intelligent Drive, which has superior hardware and software.

The improved 2018 S Class will automatically slow for roundabouts, exits toll booths. It is still Level 2 but a definite improvement over the 2017-2018 E Class P3 assist functions.

My 2018 E400 wagon just arrived after being ordered 8 months ago. I'll reorder 2019 E400 wagon if it's a E450 with improved Intelligent Drive.

One more question: do you know if the 2019 E450 has the 48v battery for smoother Stop-Start function, and maybe even engine shut-off when coasting?
Yes, the steering wheel should be like the one in the new CLS and S class. For the E450 Wagon, according to the option sheet, it should be "3-Spoke Multifunction Steering Wheel in Nappa Leather with Touch Control Buttons" Unfortunately, I don't have the pictures.

Regarding the Intelligent Drive, I really have no idea. We might have to wait for more information.

The 2019 E450 Wagon will not have the 48v battery, just a boost hp for the twin turbo V6. But I do believe it will get the new inline 6 plus the battery for the future models, but just not for 2019.

And I'd definitely encourage you to order the 2019 model, as for myself, I also cancelled my order on 2018 E400 Wagon. I wanted a E43 Wagon in the first place, however, it's not available in Canada. But now we are going to get the 53, so obvious choice for me at least.
4dimension is offline  
Old 04-07-2018, 04:37 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 254
Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
2017 GLS450, 2017 E400 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Skyblazer View Post
This site claims to know the 2019 E Class upgrades

E300 becomes E350 with more HP through Eco Boost

E400 becomes E450 with more HP through Eco Boost

HUD and dual screens become standalone options.

http://mbzmaster.com/
Those are huge improvements! Especially 2019 E350 is a different animal right now with all the performance enhancements. Wouldn't make any sense to buy 2018 model, when you can just wait a few more months to get much more advanced vehicle...
storm10 is offline  
Old 04-07-2018, 08:52 PM
  #25  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 68
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
E200 ML
Originally Posted by storm10 View Post
Those are huge improvements! Especially 2019 E350 is a different animal right now with all the performance enhancements. Wouldn't make any sense to buy 2018 model, when you can just wait a few more months to get much more advanced vehicle...
I am curious on how they price the new E350, this new E350 is positioned way higher than the old E300.
michaelleongcl is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Quick Reply: 2019 E450 and E53 Wagon coming to Canada


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: