E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2019 450 SEDAN STATUS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 08:39 AM

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)
2019 450 SEDAN STATUS

Our car finally landed at Brunswick's VPC Site this week. Priority D1, VPC JV, TRD 0 (RED CIRCLE)

Does anyone have a conversion chart for the various codes used by the VPC before i ask my salesperson?

Now, the wait begins.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by haibieb
Our car finally landed at Brunswick's VPC Site this week. Priority D1, VPC JV, TRD 0 (RED CIRCLE)

Does anyone have a conversion chart for the various codes used by the VPC before i ask my salesperson?

Now, the wait begins.
I think knowing MB isn't planning to release these cars until the beginning of the 4th quarter, I would rather not know my car had arrived. It would just frustrate me more knowing it's at the VPC, just sitting there. I hope you don't get too frustrated waiting for the magical day Mercedes turns on the Release switch.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:48 AM

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts
2022 GLE 450 (Black on Black)
A dealer representative mentioned that he does not feel that the wait is going to be that long and not place too much faith in MB's press releases. Release dates will change he said. Will see. No, I am not going to feel frustrated it is what it is. The dealership started getting other models in and more C's and E's will start coming in soon in the next few weeks as well.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:27 PM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E450 Cabriolet, 2020 GLS450
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
I think knowing MB isn't planning to release these cars until the beginning of the 4th quarter, I would rather not know my car had arrived. It would just frustrate me more knowing it's at the VPC, just sitting there. I hope you don't get too frustrated waiting for the magical day Mercedes turns on the Release switch.
that’s exactly what I’m going through, too. My E450 Cabroilet has been in Baltimore since July 6. This is not only my first Mercedes, but my first tune ordering a custom car. From my salesman telling me, back in May when I placed the order, they “unless it’s a totally new design, they usually ship them right after they get here... so probably mid-July” to the different signals coming from MBUSA (seems their left hand doesn’t know what the right is doing).

I also wish wish I hadn’t read anything... wish I couldn’t see the day-to-day approvals by CARB, and even the rumors in this very forum.

All this waiting, with the car sitting not 90 miles away, has taken away all the joy and excitement of my first Mercedes.

With absolutely no information from MBUSA, I’m going to the BMW dealership about 150 feet from the MB dealership. BMW has several 2019 convertibles on the lot and ready to buy. Somehow, BMW thought through the process and assumed customers would rather not wait until “late 2018” and managed to get their cars CARB and EPA approved, while MB is still scrambling to even get them evaluated.

in the end, I’ll likely just wait, indefinitely, for my E450... it’ll just feel good looking for something else :-). No way I’m ever ordering a custom car again.

Last edited by sackboydad; 08-25-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by sackboydad

that’s exactly what I’m going through, too. My E450 Cabroilet has been in Baltimore since July 6. This is not only my first Mercedes, but my first tune ordering a custom car. From my salesman telling me, back in May when I placed the order, they “unless it’s a totally new design, they usually ship them right after they get here... so probably mid-July” to the different signals coming from MBUSA (seems their left hand doesn’t know what the right is doing).

I also wish wish I hadn’t read anything... wish I couldn’t see the day-to-day approvals by CARB, and even the rumors in this very forum.

All this waiting, with the car sitting not 90 miles away, has taken away all the joy and excitement of my first Mercedes.

With absolutely no information from MBUSA, I’m going to the BMW dealership about 150 feet from the MB dealership. BMW has several 2019 convertibles on the lot and ready to buy. Somehow, BMW thought through the process and assumed customers would rather not wait until “late 2018” and managed to get their cars CARB and EPA approved, while MB is still scrambling to even get them evaluated.

in the end, I’ll likely just wait, indefinitely, for my E450... it’ll just feel good looking for something else :-). No way I’m ever ordering a custom car again.
I do feel for you and have since your first "harumph" post. Your salesman fed you a load of hooey on when your car would be ready to be delivered. He set you up for disappointment and with the information you've been privy too, such as knowing exactly when and where your car arrived in the US, it just further exacerbates your frustration level. We've custom ordered a new MB near the beginning of the new model year and have been through this rodeo before. The pain will end, if you hang in there. And then the pain will be a distant memory as you're going to love that E450 when you get it.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:40 PM

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
E63 S Wagon

MBUSA has provided information to your dealer, in the form of a launch schedule I posted a screenshot of not long ago. That screenshot shows the approximate window in which MBUSA will initiate the sales processes (or "release") of MY19 models. Your dealer has chosen to provide you with false information and incorrectly set your expectations going back to when you ordered.

I am also waiting for a car. But I also have the added advantage of having worked for a German automotive OEM on the corporate side so I can speak to the process and hopefully provide a little added context/color. The process leading up to vehicle certification and sales start authorization isn't simple. It's not "switching on the light" like someone said in an earlier reply. There are numerous steps that need to be completed, beyond just certifications.

Mercedes has to submit documentation to ARB, EPA, and others. Those organizations have finite resources and approve them as and when they can. I promise you Mercedes and others would love for these groups to approve things faster. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. However, 2019 vehicles are being approved and are on lots now.

Mercedes also has to prep their dealer network, update training materials, documentation, marketing collateral, financing details (like residual values), roadside assistance, etc. This also takes time. The MY19 switchover introduces new steering wheels (with revised repair procedures) plus software changes to driver assistance functions. This requires updated documentation, software revisions, and other changes.

And finally, there are also manufacturer release cycles. BMW prefers a slightly earlier cycle, hence the greater number of MY19 cars available today. VW/Audi, Porsche, MB, and others prefer a later cycle. There are *0* 2019 Audis on the ground now, for example.

I hope you get your car soon and it offers you years of enjoyment. This process shouldn't dissuade you from ordering a custom car in future. Just don't order one during a model year introduction. Wait until the kinks are worked out, and then place your order. Less variables and less waiting. Oh, and I'd also find a dealer that doesn't make promises they can't deliver.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:38 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Infiniti M35x

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I was curious, if you don't mind, which dealership did you order from? I only ask because I am in the Baltimore area and aspiring to purchase a 2019 E300 and trying to figure out who is honest and legit and who isn't.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2018, 08:41 PM

Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts
2019 E450 Cabriolet, 2020 GLS450
Originally Posted by Courthaven
Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I was curious, if you don't mind, which dealership did you order from? I only ask because I am in the Baltimore area and aspiring to purchase a 2019 E300 and trying to figure out who is honest and legit and who isn't.

Thanks
I do not live anywhere near Baltimore. I don’t want to publicly say who the dealer is.... since I am still likely to buy from them, I don’t want to take even a chance they’d trace it to me and end up with payback.

Last edited by sackboydad; 08-26-2018 at 12:42 AM.