E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

A little help on E 450 ordering?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 02:26 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 E450 sedan
Originally Posted by Haag
The coupe is not available in luxury styling (with MB-star on the hood)
That’s my point. I’ve spent several posts explaining this.

Read the forum first before responding.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:57 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
W213
Originally Posted by CaptainE
That’s my point. I’ve spent several posts explaining this.
Read the forum first before responding.
I just wanted to confirm that, mainly because Iensjack stated that he did not want a star on the hood (as I have read before responding).
Just tried to help, thought that is the intention of the forum.....
Old 09-27-2018, 11:05 PM

2019 E450 sedan
Originally Posted by Haag
I just wanted to confirm that, mainly because Iensjack stated that he did not want a star on the hood (as I have read before responding).
Just tried to help, thought that is the intention of the forum.....
See post 31
9/21
9:46am
Old 09-28-2018, 01:12 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
E450 Coupe

See post 31
9/21
9:46am
Thanks, Haag and CaptainE. I appreciate your helpfulness. I didn't know if "star on hood" meant that ornament you see on S-Class cars. That's what I don't want. As I learn my way around MB terminology, I now know it's not that. It's just MB's way of differentiating from the grille star on some models. I've owned several BMWs and Lexus cars, a Jag, and a few other brands, and each has their own way of naming, packaging, configuring, etc. So I'm still getting a handle on the MB way. Thankfully, and with help from folks here, I'm moving a lot closer to pulling the trigger. Going to drive a couple of MBs today.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:25 PM

E450 Coupe

Ok, I’d like to see it. What subforum?

Id love to see a coupe in luxury too.
What subforum: Man, I wish I knew. It was 11 days ago. Somebody suggested searching for a DOG. I ran a site search -- probably something like "E 450 DOG" -- and dug through a few threads until I came across a post offering it via a link. I checked out the poster, decided he was legit, and downloaded the pdf. The Russians now have full access to my WiFi network and yours. Kidding, kidding. Given the February 2018 DOG date and its "First Draft" descriptor, I don't know if it's fully applicable. A dealer has told me, for example, that I cannot get center console trim matching the wood trim I want -- he says the center console will be piano black -- even though this DOG shows an option for trim-matching center console, and when we were in Tampa last week, we sat in an E 450 coupe with trim-matching center console.

I'd try to recreate my search for you, but I'm super busy this week (including test drives today). Maybe I can get to it early next week if you don't find it on your own before then. Lemme know.

Meantime, Happy Friday to all.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:50 PM

2019 E450 sedan

Originally Posted by lensjack
What subforum: Man, I wish I knew. It was 11 days ago. Somebody suggested searching for a DOG. I ran a site search -- probably something like "E 450 DOG" -- and dug through a few threads until I came across a post offering it via a link. I checked out the poster, decided he was legit, and downloaded the pdf. The Russians now have full access to my WiFi network and yours. Kidding, kidding. Given the February 2018 DOG date and its "First Draft" descriptor, I don't know if it's fully applicable. A dealer has told me, for example, that I cannot get center console trim matching the wood trim I want -- he says the center console will be piano black -- even though this DOG shows an option for trim-matching center console, and when we were in Tampa last week, we sat in an E 450 coupe with trim-matching center console.

I'd try to recreate my search for you, but I'm super busy this week (including test drives today). Maybe I can get to it early next week if you don't find it on your own before then. Lemme know.

Meantime, Happy Friday to all.
I figured the link wouldn’t be there. I suppose you can’t email it either.
You dealer is drunk, or just stupid. You do not have to get piano black if you don’t want.
I’ll l show you my invoice next post. Natural grain on the center.

Pic above shows luxury vs sport.

Last edited by CaptainE; 09-28-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:56 PM

2019 E450 sedan
Old 09-28-2018, 03:01 PM

E450 Coupe

I figured the link wouldn’t be there. I suppose you can’t email it either.
You dealer is drunk, or just stupid. You do not have to get piano black if you don’t want.
I’ll l show you my invoice next post. Natural grain on the center.

Pic above shows luxury vs sport.
Go to this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...-incl-e53.html

Scroll down to Post #15.

To quote my favorite MB poster: "I don't know why this is so hard." :-)

Okay, I'm off to be the wizard (of test drives).
Old 09-28-2018, 03:28 PM

2019 E450 sedan
Go to this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-c...-incl-e53.html

Scroll down to Post #15.

To quote my favorite MB poster: "I don't know why this is so hard." :-)

Okay, I'm off to be the wizard (of test drives).
Something is off here.

On post 33 above you said your DOG had a revision date of 8/27/18 but that is different from the one you linked to.

You also mentioned on post 30 that you saw “luxury styling, option167” which is also not in this or any coupe DOG.

So what DOG do you really have/were looking at because its not the one from post 15 from that coupe thread.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:21 PM

E450 Coupe

Something is off here.

On post 33 above you said your DOG had a revision date of 8/27/18 but that is different from the one you linked to.

You also mentioned on post 30 that you saw “luxury styling, option167” which is also not in this or any coupe DOG.

So what DOG do you really have/were looking at because its not the one from post 15 from that coupe thread.
Say what?! No, nothing is "off here." I've already explained that the coupe DOG was a February version. I found it 11 days ago by searching forum threads. Still not sure which thread it was in, and my browser history does not go back far enough to take me there. Subsequently a dealer sent me a DOG with August revisions that I mistakenly thought had supplanted the February DOG. It was a sedan DOG, and because of the "All Models" wording, I thought it covered coupes, too. You kindly clarified that for me. Have I not been clear about that?

This morning I searched forums for the coupe DOG (because I thought you wanted it). I did not find the February version, but did find a July version. I posted a link to that thread because you said "I figured the link wouldn't be there. I suppose you can't email it either." Thinking you would like to see a coupe DOG, I took the time to search for one, found what appears to be a very recent version, and posted the link.

Anyway, my wife and I just came home from test driving an E 450 coupe. Loved the way it handles. Did not bother driving the sedan because I've been driving sedans (mostly BMW and Lexus) for a long time, and am ready for a coupe. Yesterday I drove a Lexus ES 350 and LS 500. Neither one worked for me. The ES felt underpowered and not luxurious enough. The LS was bigger than I now want, and the interface is, uh, quirky. It takes deep dives into the menus to switch on seat massage or cooling, for example. Seemed like it would prove dangerously distracting when driving.

I'm now ginning up an E 450 build to send the dealer. I'll use the July coupe DOG. If that doesn't seem "off." :-)

Thanks again for your help. And Happy Friday.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:11 PM

2019 E450 sedan
Ok, I thought you were posting the DOG you were referencing. Just email it to me then.

All I want is to see the DOG which has the luxury option you mentioned.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:17 PM

E450 Coupe
Ok, I thought you were posting the DOG you were referencing. Just email it to me then.

All I want is to see the DOG which has the luxury option you mentioned.

Sure. Happy to do that. Just to be clear, the DOG with Luxury Line option is the sedan DOG. That's what you want, right?

How do I email you? Or do you want it in a PM?
The following users liked this post:
CaptainE (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 12:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2014 ML350, 2003 E320
I just bought a 2018 E300, you can read my thread on numerous problems I have.

You want comfort, stay away from 19" wheel. I made the mistake getting that, it very harsh, nothing like a luxury car.

If you get the AMG trim, it's very low, the front always scrape the side walk or the parking bump stop.

I would prefer 4-matic if I can get it, not for the snow, for rainy days, you have better traction.

But do read my post, All these problems, Like I said, I own two other MB, nothing like this one. I will not buy another one anymore. they have computer issues. https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...lems-help.html

lensjack (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 01:02 AM

2019 E450 sedan
Lens, PM sent
Old 10-02-2018, 03:34 PM

E450 Coupe
One last (I hope) question before I place an order, probably this afternoon. On a lease, if the tires wear out before the lease up, who replaces them -- MB or lessee?
Old 10-02-2018, 03:44 PM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
E Class
One last (I hope) question before I place an order, probably this afternoon. On a lease, if the tires wear out before the lease up, who replaces them -- MB or lessee?
You have to usually replace them yourself. They expect it to be given back with reasonable tread but even if they’re worn out some dealerships waive it when you return the car if you re-lease a new car with them.
lensjack (10-02-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 589 Likes on 447 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
From my lease with MB Financial:

23. Return of vehicle:

2) Standards for Excess Wear:

"...tires that have less than 1/8 inch tread..."

That means the tires must have at least 3/16 of tread life left on the tires when you turn in your car.

As noted above if you re-lease a lot of this "excess wear" is negotiable.

I have 26,000 miles on my E350 and the lease runs out in December. I would expect the tires to be good for another 15,000 miles, total 40,000 miles.

I have the pre-paid two year 20,000 miles service contract with Mercedes. Even though I have the maintenance contract, rotating tires is not included, so I never bothered to have it done.

My thinking is that I do not own the car, Mercedes Financial does, and when they do the service, if they do not care about rotating tires, why should I?
Old 10-02-2018, 05:10 PM

E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by JTK44
From my lease with MB Financial:

23. Return of vehicle:

2) Standards for Excess Wear:

"...tires that have less than 1/8 inch tread..."

That means the tires must have at least 3/16 of tread life left on the tires when you turn in your car.

As noted above if you re-lease a lot of this "excess wear" is negotiable.

I have 26,000 miles on my E350 and the lease runs out in December. I would expect the tires to be good for another 15,000 miles, total 40,000 miles.

I have the pre-paid two year 20,000 miles service contract with Mercedes. Even though I have the maintenance contract, rotating tires is not included, so I never bothered to have it done.

My thinking is that I do not own the car, Mercedes Financial does, and when they do the service, if they do not care about rotating tires, why should I?
Thanks, JTK. That's really interesting. It hadn't occurred to me that prepaid maintenance would not include tire rotation.

I'm ordering a coupe, leased, non-AMG, RWD. I want a cushy ride, so had settled on 18" 5-Spoke Wheels R02, R66, non-staggered (R31). I chose those partly because they could be rotated.

But I prefer the look of the 18" Twin 5-Spoke Wheels, R01, R66, staggered (22R). With wider rear tires, no full rotation. But as you say, if MB doesn't rotate, why should I care?

A quick internet search has turned up a lot of claims that with a staggered setup, front tires will wear out faster. Is there any advantage other than looks to the specific staggered setup (Twin 5-Spokes) that I'm considering? Any disadvantage?

I won't be taking the car onto a track or carving hairpin turns. I just want a creamy highway ride and easy handling.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 589 Likes on 447 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
I often drive into New York City and with all the potholes I opt for 17 inch wheels were possible. Performance wheels look great, but I find them impractical and the ride too harsh - at least for me.

When I was much younger, I drove fast performance oriented cars. Now I prefer the Mercedes to the BMW, the luxury to the sport all to have a smooth quiet ride on long trips. Before my E350 I was driving a BMW 535. On my four plus hour drives to Vermont, or to Washington DC. at the end of the drive I found myself far less fatigue driving the MB E350 than the BMW 535I.

The reason I choose the E450 over the E300 is that the engine in the E450 is smoother and quieter - both important to me.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:59 PM

E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by JTK44
I often drive into New York City and with all the potholes I opt for 17 inch wheels were possible. Performance wheels look great, but I find them impractical and the ride too harsh - at least for me.

When I was much younger, I drove fast performance oriented cars. Now I prefer the Mercedes to the BMW, the luxury to the sport all to have a smooth quiet ride on long trips. Before my E350 I was driving a BMW 535. On my four plus hour drives to Vermont, or to Washington DC. at the end of the drive I found myself far less fatigue driving the MB E350 than the BMW 535I.

The reason I choose the E450 over the E300 is that the engine in the E450 is smoother and quieter - both important to me.
Thanks. Much appreciated. My priorities and changing needs are exactly the same.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:40 PM

E450 Coupe
Sincere thanks to all the good folks here who helped me navigate my first MB order. It took a while to learn the terminology, understand the options, even to figure out that I should have been posting in the coupe/cab forum. :-)

But what I learned here from so many generous MB owners has been invaluable in choosing features that fit my driving needs, wants, and location (Southern California).

Here's the car I've ordered through my nearest Costco dealership -- terrific experience so far -- minus the two options tagged "Unavailable." Really wanted HUD, but I'm not willing to wait indefinitely.

E 450 Coupe RWD
Selenite Grey Metallic (992)
18” 5-Spoke Wheels (R31 – R02, R66, non-staggered)
Macchiato Beige/Espresso Brown Leather (205)
Natural grain Light Brown Elm wood trim (H05)
Includes matching Natural Grain Light Brown Elm wood trim center console (738)
3-Year Prepaid Maintenance
Premium Package (P01) Includes Burmester Surround Sound System (810)
Exterior Lighting Package (319)
Parking Assistance Package (996)
Driver Assistance Package (997)
Multicontour Front Seats w/Massage Feature (399)
Heated and Ventilated Front Seats (401)
Head-Up Display (463) - Unavailable
12.3” Digital Instrument Cluster (464)
AIR BODY CONTROL air suspension (489)
MAGIC VSION CONTROL (874)
Illuminated door sills with “Mercedes-Benz” lettering (U25)
LED Logo Projectors (15A) - Unavailable

Last edited by lensjack; 10-02-2018 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Looks like a great build for sure. Congratulations! Don't feel too bad about the logo projector lights on the door. The E300 we're trading in a few weeks came with them and it's one feature I can tell you I wouldn't ever pay for. No offense to anyone who has and likes them, but honestly, seeing a big MB Logo projected on the ground for that 5 seconds the door is open is just not, IMHO, worth the price of admission.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:22 PM

E450 Coupe
Originally Posted by rbrylaw
Looks like a great build for sure. Congratulations! Don't feel too bad about the logo projector lights on the door. The E300 we're trading in a few weeks came with them and it's one feature I can tell you I wouldn't ever pay for. No offense to anyone who has and likes them, but honestly, seeing a big MB Logo projected on the ground for that 5 seconds the door is open is just not, IMHO, worth the price of admission.
Happy to hear that. Thanks. Now if they ever change it to a bat signal...

Enjoy your new one. Gotta love the electronics.
rbrylaw (10-02-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 05:43 AM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
W213
Here's the car I've ordered
Great car you have configured, congratulations!
Too bad that the HUD is unavailabe but you'll learn to live without it, you have the widescreen and plenty of other nice options ;-)
lensjack (10-03-2018)
Old 10-04-2018, 01:14 PM

2019 E450 sedan
I got some logo lights for my gfs C class on Amazon and they were inexpensive and easy to install and look great. I’m not sure if they’re available for the 450, but they probably are.

I’m talking <$20 so if you don’t like them for whatever reason and don’t want your money back for some other reason, you’re not out much.

As for the HUD, that’s odd it’s not available. My order went in in Sept for a Dec 10 pick up at Sindelfingen. I’m really looking forward to having the HUD. If I were you I’d keep checking until the last minute when changes can’t be made to the configuration.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Coming Soon - 2019 E450 in designo white metallic, Nut Brown Leather, 19" AMG Twin 5 spoke Wheels, Natural Grain Black Ash Wood and All the Electronic Goodies MB Makes, Including 12.3” Digital Instrument Cluster, Massage front seats, Heated and ventilated front seats, Night package, Air balance cabin air purification, Wheel locking bolts, Luxury front headrests, All season tires, Acoustic Comfort package, Exterior Lighting package, V6 Biturbo engine...

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” - Mark Twain

Last edited by CaptainE; 10-04-2018 at 01:20 PM.
lensjack (10-04-2018)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A little help on E 450 ordering?