A little help on E 450 ordering?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by CaptainE
I got some logo lights for my gfs C class on Amazon and they were inexpensive and easy to install and look great. I’m not sure if they’re available for the 450, but they probably are.

I’m talking <$20 so if you don’t like them for whatever reason and don’t want your money back for some other reason, you’re not out much.

As for the HUD, that’s odd it’s not available. My order went in in Sept for a Dec 10 pick up at Sindelfingen. I’m really looking forward to having the HUD. If I were you I’d keep checking until the last minute when changes can’t be made to the configuration.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Coming Soon - 2019 E450 in designo white metallic, Nut Brown Leather, 19" AMG Twin 5 spoke Wheels, Natural Grain Black Ash Wood and All the Electronic Goodies MB Makes, Including 12.3” Digital Instrument Cluster, Massage front seats, Heated and ventilated front seats, Night package, Air balance cabin air purification, Wheel locking bolts, Luxury front headrests, All season tires, Acoustic Comfort package, Exterior Lighting package, V6 Biturbo engine...

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” - Mark Twain
It's not all that surprising HUD is in short supply. For the MY 2018 builds, HUD and the Digital Instrument Display were both in short supply. For some people, who weren't willing to forgo those options, their cars were delayed, in some cases months.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:42 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2024 GLS580; 2019 E450 4M Coupe; 2019 Lexus ES350
I got some logo lights for my gfs C class on Amazon and they were inexpensive and easy to install and look great. I’m not sure if they’re available for the 450, but they probably are.

I’m talking <$20 so if you don’t like them for whatever reason and don’t want your money back for some other reason, you’re not out much.

As for the HUD, that’s odd it’s not available. My order went in in Sept for a Dec 10 pick up at Sindelfingen. I’m really looking forward to having the HUD. If I were you I’d keep checking until the last minute when changes can’t be made to the configuration.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Coming Soon - 2019 E450 in designo white metallic, Nut Brown Leather, 19" AMG Twin 5 spoke Wheels, Natural Grain Black Ash Wood and All the Electronic Goodies MB Makes, Including 12.3” Digital Instrument Cluster, Massage front seats, Heated and ventilated front seats, Night package, Air balance cabin air purification, Wheel locking bolts, Luxury front headrests, All season tires, Acoustic Comfort package, Exterior Lighting package, V6 Biturbo engine...

Our E450 will be delivered on 12/10/2018 too. I guess we will see you there!
Old 10-04-2018, 02:06 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 E450 sedan
Originally Posted by dtl919
I’ll be at the Althoff Hotel Am Schlossgarten on the 9th.

Old 10-04-2018, 02:35 PM

We are also staying at that hotel but will arrive on the 8th. I was hoping an extra day will give us a better chance overcoming our jetlag before making a road trip
Old 10-04-2018, 02:41 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
E450 Coupe
Sounds like a veritable Sindelfingenfest. Prost und Zum Wohl to you both.

Looking forward to photos and feedback.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic

It would be so much fun to do what you're doing. But then the OCD in me would fly home and be anxious waiting for my new car, which I picked up from the Mother Ship in Germany was being packed on a ship to come home. Sometime, I'm just going to plan a trip over there and take the tours, etc., without picking up a car.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 772 Likes on 610 Posts
With the traffic and parking, I visit often, but never purchase a Euro delivery vehicle. I prefer a car without dings and scrapes from parking in Frankfurt, Rome or Paris.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:57 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
2019 E450 sedan
Originally Posted by ua549
With the traffic and parking, I visit often, but never purchase a Euro delivery vehicle. I prefer a car without dings and scrapes from parking in Frankfurt, Rome or Paris.
I agree. That’s why I’ll be driving straight to Frankfurt and dropping the car off.

The first trip after I get the car will be to have the clear bra applied.

Old 10-05-2018, 08:54 AM

True, but from experience, all cars, no matter how meticulous you are, won't be immune to normal wear and tear (unless it's a show car). When I bought my 2018 GLE as my daily driver last year, I had it wrapped and babied it. In less than six months of ownership, I've two dings on the font doors. Sure, I was pissed at the time, but have come to realize $h1t will always happen and you can only do so much. Anyhow, I believe if you do incur minor cosmetic blemishes during your road trip, MB will fix that for you. Any larger damages will be fully covered by the free insurance MB pays for. PLUS, the car we are picking up is actually my father's and the Euro delivery was initially his idea. My wife and I are just tagging along for the ride!

That said, we did plan our trip such that we will be avoid driving in major cities. We will be driving mostly through the Black Forrest in southern Germany and swinging by Zurich for a couple of nights before dropping off the car in Munich. From there, we are flying out to Prague for a few days and then to London before heading back stateside.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 772 Likes on 610 Posts
I've don't get dings on my cars even after many years of ownership. I did suffer a hit run while the car was parked a few months ago that was partially covered by insurance. That said, I have a handicap parking permit so I get to park in much wider spaces. I do not use valet services either.

Enjoy your Euro trip.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 381 Likes on 286 Posts
EQ
This sounds like an amazing trip!

True, but from experience, all cars, no matter how meticulous you are, won't be immune to normal wear and tear (unless it's a show car). When I bought my 2018 GLE as my daily driver last year, I had it wrapped and babied it. In less than six months of ownership, I've two dings on the font doors. Sure, I was pissed at the time, but have come to realize $h1t will always happen and you can only do so much. Anyhow, I believe if you do incur minor cosmetic blemishes during your road trip, MB will fix that for you. Any larger damages will be fully covered by the free insurance MB pays for. PLUS, the car we are picking up is actually my father's and the Euro delivery was initially his idea. My wife and I are just tagging along for the ride!

That said, we did plan our trip such that we will be avoid driving in major cities. We will be driving mostly through the Black Forrest in southern Germany and swinging by Zurich for a couple of nights before dropping off the car in Munich. From there, we are flying out to Prague for a few days and then to London before heading back stateside.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:55 AM

I've don't get dings on my cars even after many years of ownership. I did suffer a hit run while the car was parked a few months ago that was partially covered by insurance. That said, I have a handicap parking permit so I get to park in much wider spaces. I do not use valet services either.

Enjoy your Euro trip.
Thanks! I guess you're one of the lucky ones. I'm sure handicap parking helps avoid the majority of car dings (all of mine are from people opening their car doors next to mine).
Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by teksurv
This sounds like an amazing trip!
Thanks teksurv! This will be the first time for my wife to visit those countries and my first time to drive in Europe. We're all very excited