W213 cluster ambient lighting retrofit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 04:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
w213 e220d
W213 cluster ambient lighting retrofit

Hello all,

Does anyone have any knowledge on this subject?
I tried to check in WIS, but I can't find anything.
It's as simple as connecting a wire harness to the LCD and to a module.(front SAM?)

BUT, which cable and which module/which cable slots?

Dealer isn't willing to help me.

My setup btw:
CMD online (retrofitted)
Widescreen cockpit (retrofitted)

Last edited by Acho330; 06-19-2019 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 233 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by Acho330
Hello all,

Does anyone have any knowledge on this subject?
I tried to check in WIS, but I can't find anything.
It's as simple as connecting a wire harness to the LCD and to a module.(front SAM?)

BUT, which cable and which module/which cable slots?

Dealer isn't willing to help me.

My setup btw:
CMD online (retrofitted)
Widescreen cockpit (retrofitted)
Apparently there are dedicated control units, which you would have to install.
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post7653020
Old 12-19-2023, 01:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W213 E350e
Sorry to revive old thread

The schematic you have above is awesome, thanks for that

However i seem to dumb to understand it properly

I got a base model w213 which has ambient light already and i retrofitted full lcd screen which has ambient lights but my car does not seem to have a plug for the cockpit ambient light

Does anyone know which adapter cable i have to buy and do i have to buy any additional modules or do i just hook it up to an existing ambient light module ?

Would be very grateful for any info
The following users liked this post:
Alberto NJ E (03-09-2024)
Old 12-26-2023, 09:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E class
Originally Posted by scapez1337
Sorry to revive old thread

The schematic you have above is awesome, thanks for that

However i seem to dumb to understand it properly

I got a base model w213 which has ambient light already and i retrofitted full lcd screen which has ambient lights but my car does not seem to have a plug for the cockpit ambient light

Does anyone know which adapter cable i have to buy and do i have to buy any additional modules or do i just hook it up to an existing ambient light module ?

Would be very grateful for any info
is a cable on eBay
Old 12-28-2023, 10:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E class
Is this ?
The following users liked this post:
Alberto NJ E (03-09-2024)
Old 03-09-2024, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 E300
SOLUTION FOR AMBIENT LIGHTING IN DIGITAL DISPLAY RETROFIT

Ran into the same issues a lot of you are facing whether it’s not having the cable needed or just not knowing where to route it. Pictures of where the connectors go are below , only pictures I didn’t include were the connections in the footwell but I will say it’s very easy to spot where they go you just have to remove the foot well panel i believe 2 screws only probably T20, from there you just route the cable from behind the screen and you’ll be able to grab it from the footwell. NO WIRES SHOULD BE SHOWING one connection into back of the screen wire will go through the inside of the dash down into the footwell it’s very easy to fish the wire down there . I did this entire job at night in my driveway with a phone flash.

This is the cable you need I got it from EleBest, you can search this name up online and get his what’s app details,

This is where the white part of the cable goes , the other two black connections will be routed to the footwell, the footwell has unused ports you should be able to find the 2 ports you need. If you need help Personal message me or just ask EleBest on WhatsApp his actual name is max but EleBest is how you will find him when you search.
Old 06-25-2024, 01:10 PM

2019 e 300
Please help me.

I’m trying to do this on my girls 2019 e300 it has ambient lighting I got the screen retro fitted and coded I have the lights. I bought 2 types of wires that they sell I don’t know where to plug it in the footwell. Passenger driver? Can you please contact me 347-951-2500. Elbest didn’t wanna help me. He wanted me to buy the wire for $200. This is driving me crazy

Originally Posted by bertoE300
Ran into the same issues a lot of you are facing whether it’s not having the cable needed or just not knowing where to route it. Pictures of where the connectors go are below , only pictures I didn’t include were the connections in the footwell but I will say it’s very easy to spot where they go you just have to remove the foot well panel i believe 2 screws only probably T20, from there you just route the cable from behind the screen and you’ll be able to grab it from the footwell. NO WIRES SHOULD BE SHOWING one connection into back of the screen wire will go through the inside of the dash down into the footwell it’s very easy to fish the wire down there . I did this entire job at night in my driveway with a phone flash.

This is the cable you need I got it from EleBest, you can search this name up online and get his what’s app details,

This is where the white part of the cable goes , the other two black connections will be routed to the footwell, the footwell has unused ports you should be able to find the 2 ports you need. If you need help Personal message me or just ask EleBest on WhatsApp his actual name is max but EleBest is how you will find him when you search.
Old 08-10-2024, 10:50 AM

w213
Sorry to bring it up did you figure it out?

Originally Posted by anthonymaior
I’m trying to do this on my girls 2019 e300 it has ambient lighting I got the screen retro fitted and coded I have the lights. I bought 2 types of wires that they sell I don’t know where to plug it in the footwell. Passenger driver? Can you please contact me 347-951-2500. Elbest didn’t wanna help me. He wanted me to buy the wire for $200. This is driving me crazy
i have the same problem could not find where to connect it