e300 Tune

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E300
e300 Tune

Hey guys!

wanted to get a tune done for my 2019 e300.

As others have mentioned i just wish i drove this car a bit further before making the deal. Love everything about this car except the engine!

Transmission shifts hard in stop and go traffic the turbo delay is pretty awful.

I added a racechip throttle add-on, it helps but doesn't solve the issue.

Anyone had a tune job done for this specific engine and had experience with it?

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2019, 10:35 AM

Mercedes E300
Anyone out there that has done a tune on the e300?
Old 07-22-2019, 03:25 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Infiniti M35x
At first I felt the same way you did, but now I have become pleased with mine in Sport+. Though next time I will probably get the bigger engine. Fortunately, I don't do many long highway trips though. Good luck and I am anxious to see what you find.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:04 PM

Mercedes E300
Originally Posted by Courthaven
At first I felt the same way you did, but now I have become pleased with mine in Sport+. Though next time I will probably get the bigger engine. Fortunately, I don't do many long highway trips though. Good luck and I am anxious to see what you find.
Sport plus sometimes feels to stiff, the transmission is jerky in stop and go traffic. I will keep you posted, going to check out a few tunes!
Old 07-23-2019, 03:12 PM

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts
2024 AMG GLE 53
Sport+ is not a tune or any performance increasing option. The car is still slow with 240HP 4Cyl. And all that mode does is change the ride quality, suspension, shift points, steering etc.

OP your ECU tune options for the W213 E300's are AMR performance located in CT, and OE tuning located in CA. Depending on where you are located in the US, driving to the tuner sites gives you an option to get a dyno tune as well. But both of these tuners have an option to send out your ECU for calibration as well as now a OBD hookup feature that you can switch maps on the fly. Multiple threads are available from both thread sponsors on specials and info about tunes, on pretty much all other forum sub categories. Here on the W213 side, members enjoy the refined luxury of the Mercedes brand not being speed racers.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...974-tunes.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-ecu-tune.html
The following users liked this post:
DIVINE AMG (07-24-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 03:24 PM

Received 125 Likes on 92 Posts
2020 MB E450 Estate, 2019 Kia Niro Touring
Originally Posted by suby01
Sport+ is not a tune or any performance increasing option. The car is still slow with 240HP 4Cyl. And all that mode does is change the ride quality, suspension, shift points, steering etc.
Unless you have the optional Air Body Control suspension, Dynamic Select driving modes doesn't affect ride quality or suspension. It does affect steering, shift points and idle/engine speeds and can turn ESP on or off. The Luxury, or Lowered, suspensions have selective damping which includes shock absorbers which stiffen/increase damping during sporty movements, and reduce damping during slower movements. Which is certainly helpful. But selecting Mode does not change the way the suspension responds unless you have the air suspension option, which definitely /does/ change.