HELP !!! Navigation red arrow doesn't move and it stays stuck

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E350e W213
HELP !!! Navigation red arrow doesn't move and it stays stuck

Hi,
I have Mercedes E350e W213 2017 saloon and today when I tried to use the staelite navigation GPS system I wrote the post code of the destination than the system has calculated and marked the route but when I have started to drive the red arrow in white circle was stuck and didn't move all the way to home. I have tried doing factory reset and turning on and off but it didn't work. All other options are working and the sta nav functions are responding, but the arrow keep sits on the same location without moving. The ironic of all this is that the arrow is stuck on Mercedes Brentford which is my local official service centre, I went today for diagnostic check which cost me £120 and at the end I have paid for my Sat Nav to not work too, shame. I am almost sure they have done something wrong. Any help please.

Kind regards
Old 03-26-2021, 06:27 PM

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
2019 W213 E Class Estate
They still have your GPS! Sorry could not resist.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:36 PM

Mercedes E350e W213
Hi,

But why? What do you mean? I tough that the GPS is integrated somewhere in the car and noone can't take it. I have checked right now the location of the car through the Mercedes Me app after reading your comment and I can see that the car location shows the same Mercedes Service location exactly the parking where the car was left for collected Today. Why they have done it? How they took the GPS out of my car and why? Please give me more information.

Last edited by Atanas Georgiev; 03-26-2021 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:41 PM

2019 W213 E Class Estate
Sorry I was joking. I would guess if the GPS is not updating then it is has either failed or possibly disconnected? It is suspicious that the last place that it was working is at the dealers.
Old 03-26-2021, 06:50 PM

Mercedes E350e W213
Ok. So where is the GPS normally located? They have done visual check of the car and engine diagnostic. Do you think that they have touched something they shouldn't?
Old 03-26-2021, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
There is a GPS sensor in the driver's side side mirror that will likely have to be replaced. My 2017 was experiencing all kinds of problems, the arrow not moving, showing me in other places, etc.
Old 03-27-2021, 02:33 AM

Mercedes E350e W213
Than they will need to replace it as I have left the car with the sensor and the Sat Nav perfectly working and its look like they have broken it.
I am asking myself why people do such a things sometimes trying to create themselves more work intentionally braking parts forcing us to go back there and spend more money thinking that we are stupid, but thanks to this forum existence we can challenge them.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:27 AM

Mercedes E350e W213
Quick update on this,

I just came back from Mercedes Benz Brentford in London and they have refused to help even the Sat Nav showing that is stuck on their location without moving which means that they have done something wrong. They were so faisty asking me to pay £120 for new investigation and if there is any repair to pay it too.
I will call to the Head Office in Monday to complain officially, they are just taking the mickey. I can't believe that official Mercedes can do this.
Old 03-27-2021, 09:25 AM

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
W213 220d from 2016
Originally Posted by Atanas Georgiev
Quick update on this,

I just came back from Mercedes Benz Brentford in London and they have refused to help even the Sat Nav showing that is stuck on their location without moving which means that they have done something wrong. They were so faisty asking me to pay £120 for new investigation and if there is any repair to pay it too.
I will call to the Head Office in Monday to complain officially, they are just taking the mickey. I can't believe that official Mercedes can do this.
why do you assume that they have done something? My antenna broke out of nowhere, car was 4 years old at the time. Mechanic says that these just break - he has seen 2 year old cars where antenna just breaks.

so the new one I have(payed 1200 Dkk including installment) I assume it will last 2-4 years(as Mercedes has done nothing to improve these)
Old 03-27-2021, 09:38 AM

Mercedes E350e W213
Hi,

Where is the probability the antenna to brake exactly on the day when I have left the car for Engine diagnostic? I have seen the location from Mercedes me App of the car Yesterday when they have moved it to the service area inside the building and after that the only location it shows is the location of the parking where they have left it. So the car goes in with the location working and after that when collected it doesn't work. I don't think it broke by itself. It's too obvious that they have done something. To brake exactly in the hours when is inside the service area where they do all the job and to be non functional after the service is done is absolutely suspicious, but I think is simple as that. They have broke it by mistake covering their backs or intentionally just to create themselves more work. I am calling Monday to Head Office to complain.
Old 03-27-2021, 12:26 PM

2019 W213 E Class Estate
If they have been working on the cable harnesses then maybe they have accidentally disconnected it?
Old 03-27-2021, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 825 Likes on 654 Posts
The GPS antenna on the W213 is located in the side view mirror. A hard bump to it can the antenna connection.
Old 03-27-2021, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 239 Likes on 207 Posts
2021 c300 Cab. Arrived 7/28/21 . 24 GLE 450e.
Originally Posted by Atanas Georgiev
Quick update on this,

I don’t understand the problem with your dealer. The car’s last known location is the dealer. Obviously it stopped working at the dealer. They should try to fix it.
Old 03-27-2021, 05:21 PM

Mercedes E350e W213
That's the problem, they are twisting and twisting that is not their fault when actually you can see even now the location of the car is still showing that is parked in their premises. I went in Google and its look like I am not the only one complaining. Mercedes Benz Brentford London. I have left very long negative feedback Today about my case, the same as many others. I think they are too greedy and it's look like they didn't care about people, if they say is not their fault than they have the right and thats it. That's why I will call to complain the Monday to the UK director or at least the Director of the MB Brentford and I don't care if I need to spend all my day on the phone and escalate it. If not they just will continue to operate on the same way.