E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

W213 66 e-class estate passenger rear seat release not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2021 | 09:21 AM

E-Class Estate, 66-W213
Question W213 66 e-class estate passenger rear seat release not working

hi all,
I have a W213 66 plate e-class estate that has an issue with the rear passenger seat release - neither of the buttons (one in boot, one by seat) to release the seat and allow it go lie flat are working on that side (driver side is fine). First thought was to to check the fuse schematic .... and there's my first problem. There does not appear to be a fuse in the fuse schematic that matches anything relating to "Seat release".
There is "Seat Adjustment Rear" but the rear seats are not adjustable and none of the corresponding fuses are installed.
The only other fuses that seem to be possible are a pair of large (40A ??) fuses called "Body Controller rear". I cannot find any specific information relating to these fuses or their function and assumed it was to do with driving function / stability!
Can anyone help me understand what fuse I might be looking for OR suggest an alternative diagnostic route that (hopefully) does not end up with me paying £150 per hour for someone to dismantle half the car to find the cause of the problem :-)
Thanks in advance!
Pete

This is the complete list of fuses from paper on side of fuse box in compartment in right hand rear of the boot / trunk.

this is a picture of my actual fusebox, with descriptions of each fuse identified from schematic on rear of fuse leaflet.
Old 07-13-2021 | 06:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
No fuse wired directly into rear SAM via connector. Could be malfunctioning angle switch should be covered by warranty, see attachments.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
install folding rear seat.pdf (621.6 KB, 146 views)
File Type: pdf
install rear seat cushion.pdf (428.4 KB, 69 views)
Old 09-05-2022 | 02:40 PM

W213 E350 estate
Rear seat issues

Originally Posted by Pete Starr
hi all,
I have a W213 66 plate e-class estate that has an issue with the rear passenger seat release - neither of the buttons (one in boot, one by seat) to release the seat and allow it go lie flat are working on that side (driver side is fine). First thought was to to check the fuse schematic .... and there's my first problem. There does not appear to be a fuse in the fuse schematic that matches anything relating to "Seat release".
There is "Seat Adjustment Rear" but the rear seats are not adjustable and none of the corresponding fuses are installed.
The only other fuses that seem to be possible are a pair of large (40A ??) fuses called "Body Controller rear". I cannot find any specific information relating to these fuses or their function and assumed it was to do with driving function / stability!
Can anyone help me understand what fuse I might be looking for OR suggest an alternative diagnostic route that (hopefully) does not end up with me paying £150 per hour for someone to dismantle half the car to find the cause of the problem :-)
Thanks in advance!
Pete

This is the complete list of fuses from paper on side of fuse box in compartment in right hand rear of the boot / trunk.

this is a picture of my actual fusebox, with descriptions of each fuse identified from schematic on rear of fuse leaflet.
I have exactly the same issue with my 2020 e350 estate,only it’s the driver side rear seat. How did you rectify the issue,