E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Mercedes “customer service “

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 04:44 PM

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
E300
Mercedes “customer service “

I got a letter from MB that M Brace on my 2017 E300 is about to expire. I called the number in the letter and was quoted a very confusing list of different packages, each priced separately and with no combination packages that include more than one of the individual ones. I then asked about live traffic, which has expired on my car. The agent said I could renew it by buying still a different package. I questioned her about this and mentioned that others, including those on this board and some at Mercedes , have said no renewal is possible. She insisted it can be renewed and that whoever says otherwise is totally wrong. Then the line went dead. I called back and got a different agent who said live traffic is absolutely not renewable for my car. She gave me another number to call with any questions. I called that number and was on hold for 20 minutes listening to recordings about how much they value my business. Then the line went dead. This is what Mercedes calls customer service. This is what they call the best or nothing. True to their ads, they give you nothing.
The following users liked this post:
Kejad (10-04-2021)
Old 10-03-2021, 09:00 AM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Surely you can register the car with the mercedes me portal and pay to activate what options are available. Here in europe it is all possible on line and vey easy to use.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,003 Likes on 3,145 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Tiburonsteve
I got a letter from MB that M Brace on my 2017 E300 is about to expire. I called the number in the letter and was quoted a very confusing list of different packages, each priced separately and with no combination packages that include more than one of the individual ones. I then asked about live traffic, which has expired on my car. The agent said I could renew it by buying still a different package. I questioned her about this and mentioned that others, including those on this board and some at Mercedes , have said no renewal is possible. She insisted it can be renewed and that whoever says otherwise is totally wrong. Then the line went dead. I called back and got a different agent who said live traffic is absolutely not renewable for my car. She gave me another number to call with any questions. I called that number and was on hold for 20 minutes listening to recordings about how much they value my business. Then the line went dead. This is what Mercedes calls customer service. This is what they call the best or nothing. True to their ads, they give you nothing.
It's not Mercedes Benz USA. It's a third party provider of the data/telematics services. You are likely speaking with 100% commission call center employees. The third party's employees likely have an average years of service of two weeks.
Old 10-03-2021, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 818 Likes on 649 Posts
Originally Posted by parkwood
Surely you can register the car with the mercedes me portal and pay to activate what options are available. Here in europe it is all possible on line and vey easy to use.
I was shocked when my MB service advisor told me that MBUSA does not allow renewals due to lack of agreements with third party providers. Navigation traffic advisories are an essential feature in a metro area. Regretfully, I'm looking elsewhere for my next daily driver. (I've been driving MB vehicles since 1964.)
Old 10-03-2021, 12:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,003 Likes on 3,145 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Old 10-03-2021, 01:00 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
I can understand why you would take that attitude but if MBUSA have the problem no doubt the other premium brands do too. Seems very strange to me but free markets etc…..glad we in europe do not face such difficulties. the whole mercedes me system works well mind you one can see how mercedes are going down the tesla route of installing tech in a car and then switching it on and off remotely depending on the payment made by the owner thereby generating a regular income stream. leasing becomes a very attractive option then over buying.
Old 10-03-2021, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 818 Likes on 649 Posts
I had a 2008 BMW that I sold to a neighbor in 2017. The traffic advisories on it still work after 13 years! The traffic advisories are superior to what MB offers.

There are several features that MB disable after 3 years - traffic advisories, web browser, internet access, traffic camera access/viewing. I paid for those are features that I used on a daily basis. MB took them away and reduced the functionality of my vehicle.

Last edited by ua549; 10-03-2021 at 05:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (10-03-2021)