E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Getting Mercedes Me working in NZ for a Japanese import

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 E350e
Getting Mercedes Me working in NZ for a Japanese import

I am in New Zealand and have purchased a 2019 E350e, imported from Japan into New Zealand. I can't seem to get Mercedes Me to work. When I went to visit the Mercedes dealer here in Auckland and they told me there is no way to get Mercedes Me working in NZ for a Jap import, but im hoping that isn't the case. Im hoping someone out there can help...
Old 01-07-2022, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 293 Likes on 245 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
If you were able to configure the communications module eSIM subscription to an operator at NZ and paid by yourself, perhaps you could run Mercedes Me through the Japanese site. Mercedes itself has had real issues to change the eSIM subscription in the US from one provider to the other (was it AT&T to Tmobile?).
Old 01-07-2022, 09:54 PM

Received 395 Likes on 265 Posts
2021 S450 4Matic
Quote:-

In which countries or regions and languages is Mercedes me available?

Mercedes me is available in the following countries or regions and their official languages:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dubai, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom and the United States.

Please note that the content my vary in individual countries or regions.

What do I need to do when moving to another country or region?

If you are moving or have moved, please update your address under "My data". You will then be prompted to complete the relocation process. This is necessary so that you can use the services from Mercedes me as usual in the new country or region. You will be guided through all the necessary steps.
Please note that the relocation process must be carried out for each vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (01-08-2022)
Old 01-08-2022, 03:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Interesting find, never have had a need to look at that. I hope we will here the results here.

It could actually work "via the factory". The factory is not that strongly against grey import while the local dealer chain mostly hates it and isn't really willing to help.
Old 01-11-2022, 01:27 PM

2019 E350e
thanks, I have that information in my profile. The first problem comes when I try to pair the vehicle. The car needs to be on the internet, I tried hot-spotting from my phone and the car can get internet that way, but doesn't seem to go to the next step. Do you know how the car can get consistent internet? im not aware of a sim location etc - its an E350e, 2019.
Old 01-11-2022, 01:28 PM

2019 E350e
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Interesting find, never have had a need to look at that. I hope we will here the results here.

It could actually work "via the factory". The factory is not that strongly against grey import while the local dealer chain mostly hates it and isn't really willing to help.
thanks for your reply. so via the factory I would have to get in contact with Germany?
Old 01-12-2022, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bradm110
thanks, I have that information in my profile. The first problem comes when I try to pair the vehicle. The car needs to be on the internet, I tried hot-spotting from my phone and the car can get internet that way, but doesn't seem to go to the next step. Do you know how the car can get consistent internet? im not aware of a sim location etc - its an E350e, 2019.
Did you ever get to the "You will then be prompted to complete the relocation process." point as explained on the earlier post? It surely would not be sufficient if you just change your location info in your Mercedes Me profile. It needs to trigger a change at the factory/server side.

You cannot access the SIM card of the communications module because it is a software SIM. The relocation process should end up with your E-SIM being activated to one of your local service providers. Mercedes Me needs internet access via the internal modem.

I've never heard of an MB owner going through this relocation procedure before, perhaps @bishop64 would know more?
Old 01-12-2022, 08:46 PM

Received 395 Likes on 265 Posts
2021 S450 4Matic
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Did you ever get to the "You will then be prompted to complete the relocation process." point as explained on the earlier post? It surely would not be sufficient if you just change your location info in your Mercedes Me profile. It needs to trigger a change at the factory/server side.

You cannot access the SIM card of the communications module because it is a software SIM. The relocation process should end up with your E-SIM being activated to one of your local service providers. Mercedes Me needs internet access via the internal modem.

I've never heard of an MB owner going through this relocation procedure before, perhaps @bishop64 would know more?
I have no personal experience unfortunately.
I doubt this Mercedes Me region relocation has been done by many owners because (1) this is a very new feature for the past few years and so has not accumulated enough experiences to be shared and (2) very very few people actually relocate their cars from one country to another as it is an expensive and tedious process for all the re-certification...etc

Anyway, I reckon, if one has properly done all the necessary procedures in the car to 'activate' it, the next is to drive it outside for it to connect automatically to the MB server in the new country via a local ISP. FAQ below said it might take even half an hour time or longer. The car can, of course, connect to the internet via a mobile phone acting as a hot spot. Theoretically, this should be enough to connect to the MB server. But, practically, the car should be able to connect directly to the MB server via its own inbuilt E-SIM.

I took the quotes in my above post from this link of MB at UAE.
There might be some more useful information there. Suggest OP to take a good look through it.
https://www.abu-dhabi.mercedes-benz-...ge.module.html