E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2023 E450 All-Terrain ... Let the deliveries begin ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2022, 07:32 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
1994 E-Class 320 Coupe, 1998 911 Carrera S (993)
2023 E450 All-Terrain ... Let the deliveries begin ..

Our NJ/NY/CT area MB dealer Benzel Busch Motor Cars informed us the October production/build schedule was completed. .. the vehicle is staged at the port for shipment. . ETA for delivery is January 2023.

Let the MY2023 All-Terrain deliveries begin .....

Last edited by M. Schneider; 11-26-2022 at 08:58 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by M. Schneider:
E430_4MATIC (11-23-2022), Lanzz (12-13-2022), Roweraay (11-26-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 03:14 PM

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
My wagon left the port on 11/20. Expect delivery to dealer first or second week of December. Usually about ten to twelve days before unloaded in Baltimore. Looking forward to taking delivery. I guess these wagons are pretty scarce.
The following users liked this post:
M. Schneider (11-23-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 11:48 AM

My wagon is on the water do into Baltimore on 12/18. Hope to take delivery before year end. I've been told that they have shortage of help at the port (who doesn't). Hope this doesn't slow things up.
The following 2 users liked this post by pdeacon:
M. Schneider (12-13-2022), RobinAtlanta (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 03:48 PM

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
2023 E450 AT wagon, and 2013 E350 coupe
We were notified that our 2023 wagon, which was a Sept 24 build, has already landed in Long Beach and is currently in transit to Seattle. They said anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks until arrival here and they do their prep, and apparently they can’t see any more detail than “in transit”.

The only sad thing is that I had elective right foot surgery on Dec 6th with 6 weeks in cast on crutches and knee scooter, and 4 weeks in walking boot after that. So, I can go with my wife to pick it up, but I won’t be able to drive it until Feb 14!
M. Schneider (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 05:06 PM

Looks like you are getting close. Sorry to hear about your foot issue resulting in an inability to be able to drive. At least you will be incentivized to rehab as quickly as possible just to get behind the wheel. Sounds like you ordered this car. How did you spec it out, if you don't mind me asking. Seems to be little available on the forum for wagon information specifically, unlike other models in the product line. Good luck with your delivery date.
M. Schneider (12-20-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 06:29 PM

Hi. Yes, we did a build…can’t recall when we first put down a small deposit to secure the remaining one of two wagon build slots allocated to our dealer in Seattle, but it may have been May 2022, having finalized our colors and specs around June to early July for a planned early September.build date. The build was delayed until early October then moved up to Sept 24.

We chose Selenite grey metallic, and after looking at the grey leather we switched to black. Our current 2021 wagon has a nice medium grey leather, and we were hoping the new wagon grey would be similar, but in person it was lighter than we wanted with 3 dogs. We were thinking of neva grey light headliner to lighten things up, but I wanted the night package for the exterior, and apparently you could not have the night package and the lighter headliner. We chose the “traditional” burl walnut wood trim.

We stayed with the smaller 19” black wheels (trim that goes with night package), and chose the Premium package, the Acoustic Comfort package to quiet road and tire noise, the Panaramic sunroof, added the M-B Tex top-stitching on the dash and upper door trim for no apparent reason, augmented reality navigation, charging plate for iPhone (which who knows if we will use).
We passed on the driver assist package, as I just could not picture using most of those features.

That’s pretty much what we spec’d out.
Will will get all weather mats and the cargo canvas protection mat I saw somewhere on these boards to protect our cargo area including when the rear seats are down from our dogs. I have not decided whether to live with the Run-flats vs. replace them with all season Michelins and figure out what to do with carrying a spare. I will probably wait and see how it drives and feels with the run-flats.
I also requested a 48 volt battery that won’t fail somewhere between Seattle and the Oregon Coast. (Just kidding)
The following 4 users liked this post by rmgrenley:
M. Schneider (12-13-2022), pdeacon (12-13-2022), Roweraay (12-14-2022), velryba (01-12-2023)
Old 12-13-2022, 07:16 PM

Sounds like a nice build. You certainly had a long lead time before production. I was in a little different situation. Dealer offered to buy my one year old G Wagon off of lease and had two E wagon builds scheduled for November. Had no idea when those units would hit the dealership. Because they were willing to pay a premium for the G they arranged a swap with a built E wagon from an out of state dealer. As a result I was unable to spec the car myself. The car is pretty well equipped in Nautical blue with Macchiato Beige/black leather. Has driver assist, warm and comfort, premium, panorama roof, heated and ventilated seats, 19" wheels, augmented navigation. LED logo projectors, all season floor mats, and, oh yes, a first aid kit for $35. I really wanted the multi contour seats but they weren't in the build. At the time I didn't realize how difficult these wagons are to come by. I have been driving a G Wagon for about nine years this being my third. I have owned many (too many?) cars over the years but can honestly say I never made money on a new car until the G Wagon market went nuts. After owning three I came out ahead on each of them. I'm really looking forward to the new E wagon. Owned one about ten years ago and really missed it when I turned it in.
M. Schneider (12-13-2022), Roweraay (12-14-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by pdeacon
Sounds like a nice build. You certainly had a long lead time before production. I was in a little different situation. Dealer offered to buy my one year old G Wagon off of lease and had two E wagon builds scheduled for November. Had no idea when those units would hit the dealership. Because they were willing to pay a premium for the G they arranged a swap with a built E wagon from an out of state dealer. As a result I was unable to spec the car myself. The car is pretty well equipped in Nautical blue with Macchiato Beige/black leather. Has driver assist, warm and comfort, premium, panorama roof, heated and ventilated seats, 19" wheels, augmented navigation. LED logo projectors, all season floor mats, and, oh yes, a first aid kit for $35. I really wanted the multi contour seats but they weren't in the build. At the time I didn't realize how difficult these wagons are to come by. I have been driving a G Wagon for about nine years this being my third. I have owned many (too many?) cars over the years but can honestly say I never made money on a new car until the G Wagon market went nuts. After owning three I came out ahead on each of them. I'm really looking forward to the new E wagon. Owned one about ten years ago and really missed it when I turned it in.
We are still driving our 2021 E320 4matic wagon that has about 170,000 miles on it, and thought it was time for a new wagon. We will be giving our current one to our daughter as a second car, as long as she can afford upkeep, and if things start to go wrong she can sell it. So this will be our third wagon. Our first was from the early 90’s, the TE, that was one of the first wagons with 4matic, and we kept it for about 10 years. So with frequent trips down to the Oregon coast and (currently) 3 dogs, none of which we would like to constantly lift in and out of a higher SUV, we are confirmed wagonists! I love the cargo space and having it drive like a car and being closer to the road.

Your car sounds great. Yes, I had not realized how rare they had become over the past many years since we bought our 2021 and wagons had lost market to SUV’s. Our dealer was not going to search around the west coast for an available new wagon for us, and fortunately we were not in a huge hurry. And most of the ones around the coast that I saw listed were white or black, for some reason, neither of which we wanted.
The following 2 users liked this post by rmgrenley:
M. Schneider (12-13-2022), Roweraay (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 09:57 AM

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
1973 280SEL 4.5; 2021 E450S4 Wagon
Originally Posted by rmgrenley

The only sad thing is that I had elective right foot surgery on Dec 6th with 6 weeks in cast on crutches and knee scooter, and 4 weeks in walking boot after that. So, I can go with my wife to pick it up, but I won’t be able to drive it until Feb 14!
Ha, you will have ample time to study the 460 page owner's manual, which I have yet to do. There will be a quiz.

Seriously, good luck. As another owner who also had a S212, I look forward to your impressions.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:01 AM

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts
2022 E450 All-Terrain
We were thinking of neva grey light headliner to lighten things up, but I wanted the night package for the exterior, and apparently you could not have the night package and the lighter headliner. We chose the “traditional” burl walnut wood trim.
My car has the night package with the light colored headliner. Mine’s with the Neva Grey leather interior and it is certainly very light and despite having a hyperactive/rambunctious working line German Shepherd, I am fine with that, since he sits/travels in his crate in the hatch area. I really wanted the Beige leather interior, but there were none available in the country, in the configuration I wanted, and hence went with the Neva Grey option.

I am personally not a fan of the black ash wood trim (which my car came with), and would have paid more for the walnut brown wood trim.
Old 12-14-2022, 10:27 AM

Mine has the walnut brown trim. Although I had no choice. I was fortunate to get a built car.I think I'm going to like it. Good to see that we seem to have gotten some wagon interest with this thread. Looking forward to providing an update when I take delivery.
M. Schneider (12-20-2022), Roweraay (12-15-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 01:26 PM

Received 258 Likes on 164 Posts
...added the M-B Tex top-stitching on the dash and upper door trim for no apparent reason...
I am surprised it is not selected more often. I think it makes the part of the car you look at 90% of the time look much more upscale for almost no extra cost.

Also with Burl Walnut...

Last edited by Alan Smithee; 12-14-2022 at 01:29 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by Alan Smithee:
M. Schneider (12-14-2022), pdeacon (12-14-2022), Roweraay (12-15-2022), TennesseeZ4 (12-15-2022), velryba (01-12-2023)
Old 12-14-2022, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Roweraay
My car has the night package with the light colored headliner. Mine’s with the Neva Grey leather interior and it is certainly very light and despite having a hyperactive/rambunctious working line German Shepherd, I am fine with that, since he sits/travels in his crate in the hatch area. I really wanted the Beige leather interior, but there were none available in the country, in the configuration I wanted, and hence went with the Neva Grey option.

I am personally not a fan of the black ash wood trim (which my car came with), and would have paid more for the walnut brown wood trim.
Maybe you, despite the night package, could pair the neva grey headliner since you had the neva grey leather seats. Yeah, I had our dealer check several times, and the program would not let him ichoose the neva headliner with our black leather seats unless we deselected the night package. Weird, but it would not surprise me if he did something wrong on the program, since it seems like a strange conflict.

Good that your dog is a “controlled passenger”. We feel that we are doing well to keep them in the cargo area on our drives to the coast without them trying to get up into the passenger seat with my wife…and the are 50lb dogs and it’s too late to teach them otherwise!
M. Schneider (12-14-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 08:55 AM

2022 E450 All-Terrain
Maybe you, despite the night package, could pair the neva grey headliner since you had the neva grey leather seats. Yeah, I had our dealer check several times, and the program would not let him ichoose the neva headliner with our black leather seats unless we deselected the night package. Weird, but it would not surprise me if he did something wrong on the program, since it seems like a strange conflict.

Good that your dog is a “controlled passenger”. We feel that we are doing well to keep them in the cargo area on our drives to the coast without them trying to get up into the passenger seat with my wife…and the are 50lb dogs and it’s too late to teach them otherwise!
I suspect he did something incorrect, for not being able to choose the light headliner, when coupled with the night package.

My dog is a 1.5-year old lean 85lbs hyper-machine. He’s not a sedate showline dog, but a military-type working line GSD, who arrived from Europe…..a high energy dog ! Plus, I have always had my dogs in the rear crate, during road-trips. This particular aluminum crate (built in Scotland), is custom made for the E-class wagon. It fits perfectly into the hatch of the All-Terrain, and moulds onto the contours of the wagon’s hatch area like a well fitting glove, even with the hatch’s cargo cover in place.
Old 12-15-2022, 08:58 AM

2022 E450 All-Terrain
This link has the dog crate in question…..these are from their website and not my dogs.
M. Schneider (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 11:11 AM

Dog K9 travel kennel's A+

Roweraay -
That is a comprehensive dog kennel website - Our two Portuguese Water Dogs don't travel in such a style... It's "hey up. up" and close the rear hatch....

Thanks for the Kennel website .... We ordered their travel water bowl...www.transk9usa.com

Last edited by M. Schneider; 12-15-2022 at 11:16 AM.
Roweraay (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 01:39 PM

2022 E450 All-Terrain
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I am surprised it is not selected more often. I think it makes the part of the car you look at 90% of the time look much more upscale for almost no extra cost.

Also with Burl Walnut...

Love the brown burl walnut trim. Wish my car had it, instead of the black ash wood it came with.

Last edited by Roweraay; 12-15-2022 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Error correction
Old 12-16-2022, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Roweraay
My dog is a 1.5-year old lean 85lbs hyper-machine. He’s not a sedate showline dog, but a military-type working line GSD, who arrived from Europe…..a high energy dog ! Plus, I have always had my dogs in the rear crate, during road-trips. This particular aluminum crate (built in Scotland), is custom made for the E-class wagon. It fits perfectly into the hatch of the All-Terrain, and moulds onto the contours of the wagon’s hatch area like a well fitting glove, even with the hatch’s cargo cover in place.
We have one of those, too...5.5 years old...always has to be hunting, working, or playing...thankfully she has always fallen asleep instantly in the car, whether a 5 minute trip or 5 hours. And also an older guy...

Would like to see photos of your crate in the wagon!
The following 5 users liked this post by Alan Smithee:
fleuger99 (01-15-2023), Lanzz (12-16-2022), M. Schneider (12-17-2022), pdeacon (12-16-2022), velryba (01-12-2023)
Old 12-17-2022, 04:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Audi S5 Sportback
Is anyone else still waiting for 2022 All-Terrain?

As I've posted previously, my 2022 All-Terrain was built in April and released for shipment in early fall. It has still not made it onto a boat.
Is anyone else waiting on a 2022 delivery?
Has anyone else ever waited this long for his/her Mercedes? (It was ordered in January).
Old 12-17-2022, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Emerson11
As I've posted previously, my 2022 All-Terrain was built in April and released for shipment in early fall. It has still not made it onto a boat.
Has anyone else ever waited this long for his/her Mercedes? (It was ordered in January).
Something wrong with this time line. I've got an October build 2023 wagon arriving at the Baltimore port tomorrow. I'd push the dealer for more detailed information. Because of the shortage of cars a lot of crazy things have been going on when inventory becomes available. Things like admin charges for those willing to pay and swaps between dealers to satisfy demand for dealers who have a clientele that are willing and able to pay above MSRP. I don't think its possible that an April build for a MY '22 is still in the supply chain. You need to become the "squeaky" wheel. Good luck. Let us know how you make out.
M. Schneider (12-17-2022)
Old 12-17-2022, 04:39 PM

Damn, I feel bad in saying that we just got a call from our dealer that our car has arrived and is ready to pick up. I will see if my foot feels well enough tomorrow to hobble on crutches and knee scooter over there with my wife and go thru the process.
I know our 2023 Sept 24 build came from Bremer, and I thought I read that there were snarled backups at that port, though my dealer said that another port had more issues with shortage of ships.
Hope you car arrives asap!
Old 12-17-2022, 05:05 PM

Yeah something not right about that. Ordered mine in Oct 2021, production was delayed from late Dec to beginning of March…not long before yours…delivered west coast early April.
Old 12-17-2022, 05:11 PM

October '22 E450 wagon build,,, December 18, '22 w/Baltimore port arrival

Following suit with forum member pdeacon for a December 18, 2022, Baltimore port arrival. The E450 wagon also had an October '22 build and forsaking a Porsche jink vessel sink,,, port arrival is tomorrow, Sunday.
You could try elevating the delivery issue with MBNA directly.... I'd say screw this MB dealership a long time ago.

Best of luck & a Merry Christmas.
Roweraay (12-18-2022)
Old 12-17-2022, 05:20 PM

Because of the shortage of cars a lot of crazy things have been going on when inventory becomes available. Things like admin charges for those willing to pay and swaps between dealers to satisfy demand for dealers who have a clientele that are willing and able to pay above MSRP. I don't think its possible that an April build for a MY '22 is still in the supply chain.”

That would be really ****ty but unfortunately possible. I agree with the suggestion to escalate and inquire of MBNA if possible.
Roweraay (12-18-2022)
Old 12-17-2022, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by M. Schneider
Following suit with forum member pdeacon for a December 18, 2022, Baltimore port arrival. The E450 wagon also had an October '22 build and forsaking a Porsche jink vessel sink,,, port arrival is tomorrow, Sunday.
You could try elevating the delivery issue with MBNA directly.... I'd say screw this MB dealership a long time ago.

Best of luck & a Merry Christmas.
Next issue is; how long will it take to be shipped out of the port? I've got my dealer working that side of the fence. I hear they have staffing issues at the port. My unit will be trucked to my dealer in RI. They need to get eight cars on the truck going to this area before they leave. Don't think I'll be getting a Christmas present on or before Christmas.

Notice that you are in Vail. My MY '16 G wagon ended up in Vail about two years ago. Have had two more since then. Wish I had done as well in the market as I have in the G Wagon market.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 E450 All-Terrain ... Let the deliveries begin ..