E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Anyone experiencing this weird issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2023, 10:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2023 E450 4matic sedan
Anyone experiencing this weird issue?

I just bought a brand new one. It seems like something wrong with EQ boost system or transmission. I’m on comfort mode and get a very minor down shifting shock when slowing down. Anybody else experiencing this? + when cold start in the morning, vehicle shakes a bit. Don’t know if it’s normal or not. Only has 200km on it
Old 05-06-2023, 09:11 AM

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
2021 E350 (W213)
I tried asking Google Bard. Not sure it will work, but easy to try:

Here are the steps on how to reset the transmission learning on a 2023 Mercedes W213:

1. Turn the ignition to the second position (engine off, accessories on).
2. Press and hold the accelerator pedal down all the way.
3. Turn the ignition to the off position.
4. Keep your foot on the accelerator pedal down for an additional 10 seconds.
5. Release the accelerator pedal.
6. Turn the ignition to the first position (engine start).
7. Drive the car for about 15 minutes to allow the transmission to relearn your driving style.

Here are some things to keep in mind when resetting the transmission learning:

* Make sure the car is in park or neutral when you start the process.
* Do not release the accelerator pedal until you have turned the ignition to the off position.
* Do not start the car again until you have released the accelerator pedal.
* Drive the car for about 15 minutes after resetting the transmission learning to allow it to relearn your driving style.

If you are still experiencing problems with your transmission after resetting the learning, you may need to take your car to a qualified mechanic for further diagnosis and repair.
Old 05-06-2023, 09:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,069 Likes on 1,442 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Ryan’s
I just bought a brand new one. It seems like something wrong with EQ boost system or transmission. I’m on comfort mode and get a very minor down shifting shock when slowing down. Anybody else experiencing this? + when cold start in the morning, vehicle shakes a bit. Don’t know if it’s normal or not. Only has 200km on it
downshift clunks, thuds, knocks, harshness, etc are the hallmarks of the 7 and 9 spd Benz transmissions. Most of the time if it's new it'll dial out on its own, and other times it'll never go away and may get worse.

if you can ignore it for now and it gets no worse, you're all set. This is your opportunity now to not read up on the extensive threads on this.

you're too vague on your second issue sorry
The following users liked this post:
LMinn (07-08-2024)
Old 05-07-2023, 09:36 AM

2023 E450 4matic sedan
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
downshift clunks, thuds, knocks, harshness, etc are the hallmarks of the 7 and 9 spd Benz transmissions. Most of the time if it's new it'll dial out on its own, and other times it'll never go away and may get worse.

if you can ignore it for now and it gets no worse, you're all set. This is your opportunity now to not read up on the extensive threads on this.

you're too vague on your second issue sorry
I see. Nah it’s not like banging or sth. Very minor and I’m trying to pick anything possible. Luv the car tho :U. I went from A7 to e450 so… transmission-wise it’s a huge upgrade lmao
Old 05-09-2023, 04:04 PM

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
'19 E300 w/ activated Multibeam
Originally Posted by chad500sl
I tried asking Google Bard. Not sure it will work, but easy to try:

Here are the steps on how to reset the transmission learning on a 2023 Mercedes W213:

1. Turn the ignition to the second position (engine off, accessories on).
2. Press and hold the accelerator pedal down all the way.
3. Turn the ignition to the off position.
4. Keep your foot on the accelerator pedal down for an additional 10 seconds.
5. Release the accelerator pedal.
6. Turn the ignition to the first position (engine start).
7. Drive the car for about 15 minutes to allow the transmission to relearn your driving style.

Here are some things to keep in mind when resetting the transmission learning:

* Make sure the car is in park or neutral when you start the process.
* Do not release the accelerator pedal until you have turned the ignition to the off position.
* Do not start the car again until you have released the accelerator pedal.
* Drive the car for about 15 minutes after resetting the transmission learning to allow it to relearn your driving style.

If you are still experiencing problems with your transmission after resetting the learning, you may need to take your car to a qualified mechanic for further diagnosis and repair.
This is an ancient myth on how to "reset" Mercedes transmissions. This doesn't really reset anything, all it really does is trick the computer that the car is being driven hard when holding the gas pedal to the floor with the ignition on, this causes the car to temporarily behave a bit more sporty as the car is sensing the driver is driving in a joyful manner.

As for the clunking/shock the OP is experiencing, the best course of action I would suggest is if you're under warranty then show the dealer your issue and ask the techs to perform a new shift adaptation on the transmission.
Old 05-09-2023, 09:09 PM

2023 E450 4matic sedan
Originally Posted by np6345
This is an ancient myth on how to "reset" Mercedes transmissions. This doesn't really reset anything, all it really does is trick the computer that the car is being driven hard when holding the gas pedal to the floor with the ignition on, this causes the car to temporarily behave a bit more sporty as the car is sensing the driver is driving in a joyful manner.

As for the clunking/shock the OP is experiencing, the best course of action I would suggest is if you're under warranty then show the dealer your issue and ask the techs to perform a new shift adaptation on the transmission.
yeah hopefully there would be some logic update by the time i need my first service which is like 1yr later lol
Old 05-11-2023, 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 269 Likes on 211 Posts
2019 E300
Do you feel the jerk on the brake pedal? We used to have a hybrid that did something similar, the regenerative braking system did not transition well to the on board braking system and it felt like a down shift slight jerk. The dealer was not able to fix the issue but the problem did get better over time or maybe I just learned how to drive the car in a way that avoids the problem.

Last edited by The G Man; 05-11-2023 at 05:26 AM.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,549 Likes on 2,167 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by np6345

Interesting
Old 07-08-2024, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haima
Is it the gearbox?