OBD Diagnostic for W213 with DPF Regen function

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2023, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E220d SE Premium
OBD Diagnostic for W213 with DPF Regen function

Hi guys, new here with a 18reg E220d

Juat wanted to ask,which diagnostic would you recommend with a dpf regen function?

I read good things about icarsoft v3 for Mercedes, also there is the Launch Creader Elite for Mercedes, anyone got experience with these 2 also any other recommendations without breaking the bank,I know Xentry is the best by far but a setup is too expensive and can’t justify it right now, other than the tablet it requires the C4/5 multiplexer and it’s just a bit too much for my needs.

I want basic functions like reading any faulty codes/erasing them and then DPF readings and force regen if necessary.

thanks in advance
Old 10-12-2023, 05:19 AM

Received 96 Likes on 73 Posts
Mercedes E220d AMG Line Estate (S213) and Mercedes E220d AMG Line Cabriolet (A238)
Due to the engineering of the enginne and the very close coupling of SCR and DPF then no forced regen should be requried, even for those cars that sit in town all day. This engine was engineered at a cost of over €1bn to ensure things were done correctly (including reducing the heat of the regen when in traffic so that the exhaust output is lower so as not to burn pedestrains walking behind the car).

I use a Thinkdiag2 reader to read codes/delete codes and also conduct bi-directional coding of modules.
The following users liked this post:
Aristophanes (10-12-2023)
Old 10-12-2023, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E220d SE Premium
Originally Posted by Bfgslkman
Due to the engineering of the enginne and the very close coupling of SCR and DPF then no forced regen should be requried, even for those cars that sit in town all day. This engine was engineered at a cost of over €1bn to ensure things were done correctly (including reducing the heat of the regen when in traffic so that the exhaust output is lower so as not to burn pedestrains walking behind the car).

I use a Thinkdiag2 reader to read codes/delete codes and also conduct bi-directional coding of modules.

Many thanks for the reply, I do appreciate the extra information, MB R+D is on another level yes.

I am having a look at the Thinkdiag2 and it looks very capable, plus it's equally priced as the launch CReader for MB, very tempting.

The following users liked this post:
Bfgslkman (10-16-2023)