E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

no turn signal sound?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 11:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 E400 wagon
no turn signal sound?

Has anyone else had this issue? How did you resolve it? The sound on my turn signals dropped out a month or two ago (2017 E400). I'm not certain, but I think it stopped around the same time I reset my maintenance reminder after a DIY oil change. I think the turn signals were quiet for several days before I noticed, so I'm not sure exactly when it started.

It's usually not a big deal, but it does result in me cruising along with my turn signal flashing after a shallow turn, so I'd like to get it back if it's not too much trouble. (I'm tall, so the indicators on the dash fall behind the top of my steering wheel and aren't noticeable - aside: really wish they were on the HUD.)
Old 06-25-2024, 01:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,444 Likes on 2,081 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Kejad
Has anyone else had this issue? How did you resolve it? The sound on my turn signals dropped out a month or two ago (2017 E400). I'm not certain, but I think it stopped around the same time I reset my maintenance reminder after a DIY oil change. I think the turn signals were quiet for several days before I noticed, so I'm not sure exactly when it started.

It's usually not a big deal, but it does result in me cruising along with my turn signal flashing after a shallow turn, so I'd like to get it back if it's not too much trouble. (I'm tall, so the indicators on the dash fall behind the top of my steering wheel and aren't noticeable - aside: really wish they were on the HUD.)
If I recalled correctly, there is a dedicated speaker for system/warning related sounds (so different than for music/radio etc.), this same speaker plays sounds like blind spot assist (the beep beep) and "Don't forget your key chime" I can't remember exactly if the turn signal uses a speaker or a dedicated clicker, I would try scanning the car for codes first then checking the fuses if they are blown.

If you don't get any sound from the aforementioned functions, it might just be a bad speaker then.

Such speaker if I also recalled correctly is on the driver side foot well area.
The following users liked this post:
Kejad (06-25-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 02:07 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
2017 E400 wagon
Thanks for that info. I didn't even realize it, but I think the proximity warning sounds are also gone. It's kind wild that I didn't notice - absence of those sounds is so much less noticeable than a new squeak or clunk in the car.
Old 06-25-2024, 04:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,444 Likes on 2,081 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Kejad
Thanks for that info. I didn't even realize it, but I think the proximity warning sounds are also gone. It's kind wild that I didn't notice - absence of those sounds is so much less noticeable than a new squeak or clunk in the car.
I see, hopefully you figure it out : )