Engine and Performance The archived forum for performance parts for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Brand new HPS Supercharger kit.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01 E55 & 04 E500
Brand new HPS Supercharger kit.

Selling brand new HPS Supercharger system
Selling brand new HPS Supercharger system. Designed for W210 mercedes Benz E55, E430, CLK430, CLK55, ML430, ML55, etc V8 engines.

Everything is packaged in original wrappings in the box. Asking $4000.

Call Wali 925-787-3713

Description:

High Performance System team members have over 300 years of experience in aerospace, commercial, and automotive manufacturing / engineering. We have the expertise in material selection, manufacturing, casting techniques, and machining methods, coating, plating, and assembly to produce the highest quality cost-effective supercharger available.

High Performance Systems manufactures every component the same high standards as Mercedes Benz. All components are cast from high-grade aluminum alloy or stainless steel and machined with the state of the art tooling use CNC Machining Centers. Our fasteners are made of high-grade materials for an OEM appearance. Components such as hoses, belts, and idler pulleys are manufactured by leading suppliers in the Mercedes field.

High Performance Systems have teamed with the Eaton Corporation and Magnuson Products, to offer a highly technical and efficient supercharger system. The Eaton supercharger is the virtually unanimous choice of all original equipment manufacturers. The Eaton compressor is used on the SLK, C – Class and the Jaguar R series engines. Jerry Magnuson, the exclusive distributor of the Eaton supercharger brings over 35 years of supercharging experience to these ventures. Magnuson’s R&D team combines more than 60 years of system designing experience with state – of – the – art engineering with computer aided design and fabrication CNC Machining technology. This in turn has developed one of the most durable and efficient supercharger systems in the automotive after market world. Our other partners include automotive experts that are recognized for their achievements in the automotive industry. All our components are proudly made in the USA!

All Mercedes E55

Performance Stats HP (Peak)
Stock 349
w/ HPS-E55 466

Torque (ft. lbs.) (Peak)
stock 391
w/ HPS-E55 494
Attached Thumbnails Brand new HPS Supercharger kit.-hps_e55.jpg   Brand new HPS Supercharger kit.-benz0603page41.jpg   Brand new HPS Supercharger kit.-benz0603page45.jpg   Brand new HPS Supercharger kit.-image1.jpg   Brand new HPS Supercharger kit.-article2.jpg  

Old 11-21-2008, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
interesting- why do you have a complete new kit?
Old 11-21-2008, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
This is for the entire M113 engine line, regardless of displacement?
Old 11-22-2008, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds like airplane
yes, but honestly from what general members experience it is best suited to the 4.3 or possibly the 5.0 than the 5.5

hope it's ok by the op that I answered?
Old 11-22-2008, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
*very* tempting
Old 11-23-2008, 02:51 PM

2002 ML55 AMG
Originally Posted by walir
Selling brand new HPS Supercharger system
Selling brand new HPS Supercharger system. Designed for W210 mercedes Benz E55, E430, CLK430, CLK55, ML430, ML55, etc V8 engines.

Everything is packaged in original wrappings in the box. Asking $4000.

Call Wali 925-787-3713

Description:

High Performance System team members have over 300 years of experience in aerospace, commercial, and automotive manufacturing / engineering. We have the expertise in material selection, manufacturing, casting techniques, and machining methods, coating, plating, and assembly to produce the highest quality cost-effective supercharger available.

High Performance Systems manufactures every component the same high standards as Mercedes Benz. All components are cast from high-grade aluminum alloy or stainless steel and machined with the state of the art tooling use CNC Machining Centers. Our fasteners are made of high-grade materials for an OEM appearance. Components such as hoses, belts, and idler pulleys are manufactured by leading suppliers in the Mercedes field.

High Performance Systems have teamed with the Eaton Corporation and Magnuson Products, to offer a highly technical and efficient supercharger system. The Eaton supercharger is the virtually unanimous choice of all original equipment manufacturers. The Eaton compressor is used on the SLK, C – Class and the Jaguar R series engines. Jerry Magnuson, the exclusive distributor of the Eaton supercharger brings over 35 years of supercharging experience to these ventures. Magnuson’s R&D team combines more than 60 years of system designing experience with state – of – the – art engineering with computer aided design and fabrication CNC Machining technology. This in turn has developed one of the most durable and efficient supercharger systems in the automotive after market world. Our other partners include automotive experts that are recognized for their achievements in the automotive industry. All our components are proudly made in the USA!

All Mercedes E55

Performance Stats HP (Peak)
Stock 349
w/ HPS-E55 466

Torque (ft. lbs.) (Peak)
stock 391
w/ HPS-E55 494
Is the kit still for sale?
Old 11-24-2008, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
E320CDI, CLK55, and a Smart
Please do a LOT of research before purchasing this kit. It is well documented about the performance you will get from this kit.

Is Adam at HPS still alive?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
I have done some research on these HPS kits. From my personal findings This is what I make of it. Not to mention I've seen 3 of them run at the drag strip. I guess the HPS SC is made with good stuff, Meaning the components are good or fairly good. Its biggest flaw from what I've heard from an installer and dealer of HPS SC's Is the software. Without mentioning any names or dealers The software issue was fixed only by using a 3rd party. All the HPS kits I've seen at the track had this 3rd party software that worked out all the bugs. Hows this for you. My C55 NA was faster than a CLK55cab (W209) with the HPS kit. It was faster than a W210 E55 with the HPS kit. The advice I was given was to get a 3rd party tune. And that was by an HPS dealer/installer.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by hooleyboy
I have done some research on these HPS kits. From my personal findings This is what I make of it. Not to mention I've seen 3 of them run at the drag strip. I guess the HPS SC is made with good stuff, Meaning the components are good or fairly good. Its biggest flaw from what I've heard from an installer and dealer of HPS SC's Is the software. Without mentioning any names or dealers The software issue was fixed only by using a 3rd party. All the HPS kits I've seen at the track had this 3rd party software that worked out all the bugs. Hows this for you. My C55 NA was faster than a CLK55cab (W209) with the HPS kit. It was faster than a W210 E55 with the HPS kit. The advice I was given was to get a 3rd party tune. And that was by an HPS dealer/installer.
I am not doubting you.....but something doesn't sound right with this.Did this E have the GenII SC?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by C43AMG
I am not doubting you.....but something doesn't sound right with this.Did this E have the GenII SC?
Yes it did. It wasnt the one sitting off to the side like earlier models. It was this car