Anyone have squeaky front axels or tires getting "stuck" after being parked?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 06:09 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Eqb
Anyone have squeaky front axels or tires getting "stuck" after being parked?

When I brake a majority of the time I hear a sharp squeak from the driver side front axel. I have had the car almost a year and it's always done this.

Additionally, occasionally when i have been parked for a day or so (or it seems when it is wet outside) i take the parking brake off and put the car in reverse and the front tires lag behind the motion of the car and eventually "pop" into place. Possibly the parking brake is still engaged or something?

I am going to take the car in but was wondering if it's just a me thing
The following users liked this post:
dvenneman (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 06:31 AM

Received 376 Likes on 231 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by Duder0008
When I brake a majority of the time I hear a sharp squeak from the driver side front axel. I have had the car almost a year and it's always done this.

Additionally, occasionally when i have been parked for a day or so (or it seems when it is wet outside) i take the parking brake off and put the car in reverse and the front tires lag behind the motion of the car and eventually "pop" into place. Possibly the parking brake is still engaged or something?

Worse when the car has been wet? I think it is just a thin layer of rust breaking free on the wheel/hub. Mine does the same thing. I don't think you need to worry.
The following users liked this post:
Mort (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 06:53 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
E350 4matic Wagon
Not really

occasionally I can hear the rubber of the strut assembly especially in ECO mode but I think this is a function of the extremely quiet cabin and a welcome understandable noise. There’s a lot of stuff we never hear in an ICE because of the engine.
Old 01-27-2024, 11:05 AM

Received 376 Likes on 231 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Speaking of noises, When I go over a sharp bump maybe 30+mph, I get a distinct squeak from my rear suspension. It is no big deal and I wouldn't bother to do anything about it with years of warranty left, but anyone else have this issue?
Old 08-01-2024, 09:21 AM

Eqb

Update: took the car in and the SA heard the issue. Everyone agreed this squeaking was way louder than it should be. The squeak occurs in the last second before coming to a complete stop. It is a sharp squeal that occurs when stopping from any speed and is always right before completely stopping. It is on both front tires.

They replaced the pads and rotors on the front and re lubed them. This did not resolve the issue. I noticed it when driving off the lot. They state there is nothing else they can do to resolve despite everyone agreeing it is not right.

Anyone have this experience / ideas?

Old 08-02-2024, 12:09 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
EQB 300
I too have it and brought it up to my service advisor's attention during the 1y service but it is pretty normal according to him. Apparently, just the brakes engaging to keep the car from rolling forward/ backward after a stop.

Another squeak I get is from the front driver side suspension when I come up to the end an incline/ ramp or go over a small hump at slow speeds. Happens occasionally and hard to replicate - again dismissed as pretty normal by the advisor. And likely due to the ultra quiet cabin of the EQB that one tends to hear all of these which typically get masked by engine noise in gas MBs. One of the reasons why I decided to get this done. I do not hear it anymore.

Last edited by EQBFan; 08-02-2024 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-02-2024, 02:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Originally Posted by nath_h
Worse when the car has been wet? I think it is just a thin layer of rust breaking free on the wheel/hub. Mine does the same thing. I don't think you need to worry.
I get the same!
Old 08-03-2024, 12:38 PM

Eqb
The loud squeaking when coming to a complete stop is something I have never heard in any car I have driven. I have a hard time believing the SAs don't know the root cause. It has to be the rotors and/or pad type used? I can't believe there is "no fix".

I too get the squeaky suspension over bumps. Not something I would expect in a new mercedes.

Its embarassing in parking lots backing out at 3 mph and everyone turns to look at your mercedes making a loud squawk when you stop to put it in drive lol