Buy-back Experience Anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 08:01 AM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
Buy-back Experience Anyone?

Has anyone had experience with a buy-back of EQB300? Car has been in shop twice for sudden disabling of all safety sensors. First time, they "recalibrated sensors." Second time "Software update plus recalibrating sensors." Did it again this week. If it does it one more time, I'll take back to dealer a third time and then will begin to debate declaring it a yellow citrus fruit.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:48 AM

Received 376 Likes on 231 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by nsoltz
Has anyone had experience with a buy-back of EQB300? Car has been in shop twice for sudden disabling of all safety sensors. First time, they "recalibrated sensors." Second time "Software update plus recalibrating sensors." Did it again this week. If it does it one more time, I'll take back to dealer a third time and then will begin to debate declaring it a yellow citrus fruit.
Sorry to hear you are having a bad experience. Having been at EV's for a long time now, problems that have arisen in the past often go away with the next big software update (and yes, sometimes create new problems). These are rolling super computers. Not sure about NJ lemon laws, but in my state you need at least three problem specific visits and it is still not fixed. In practice, our state laws are tilted toward business, and it is really tough to invoke the lemon law even with three plus problem visits and no resolution.

Last edited by nath_h; 02-19-2024 at 06:49 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-20-2024, 09:29 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
EQE 500
I lemon lawed a Honda in NJ about 20 years ago. Honda actually bought it back without lemoning it. Check the current requirements, I think it's 3 attempts for the same flaw or out of service for 20 days. It was actually pretty easy and I didn't even need a lawyer.
Old 02-21-2024, 02:37 PM

2023 EQB300
Thanks. It stopped acting up for the moment so just leaving well enough alone. Until it happens again.
The following users liked this post:
Tennis Dad (02-22-2024)
Old 02-24-2024, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQB300
My 2023 EQB300 started having issues with not charging; a message comes up on the screen, "Can not Currently Load Information; would you like to try again", 2 months after I got the car (got the car April 7, 2023). The issue has been ongoing intermittently with the car going into the Mercedes shop several times. Mercedes did initiate the Lemon Law process and after an 8 week wait denied it. The week I got the denial my car was in the shop AGAIN, I called to see if the denial could be reversed, the answer was no. I'm being told by the Mercedes mechanic that the issue isn't my car, it's Electrify America, also that message on my screen is normal, all EQB300's have that message on the screen when you go to charge. I'm not sure why my car has been in the shop since Jan 30th with the last update from my service rep being, "Still working on the car, will update you on Monday (Feb 27)" Prior to this long stay in the shop the car has been there 2 times for a week and several 2 day stays. So, in answer to your question, it's not easy to get your money back!!!!
Old 02-24-2024, 05:22 PM

2023 EQB300
Can you charge at home without the message?

Sounds like it is time for a buy-back lawyer
Old 02-24-2024, 05:25 PM

EQB300
I can charge at home, that message does not come up! Yes, I agree, I think I need to find a good Lemon Law lawyer!! I just don't know how to go about choosing the right one!!
Old 02-25-2024, 08:13 AM

2023 EQB300
Check your state's Lemon Law. In NJ there is a state program or you have the option of an attorney which will be at no cost to you. Attorney's fees are covered by the settlement. As far as attorney's, check their ratings and speak to several attorneys. But I would not let it drop. Meanwhile, I'm not getting any more error messages.
Old 02-25-2024, 05:04 PM

EQB300
Check your state's Lemon Law. In NJ there is a state program or you have the option of an attorney which will be at no cost to you. Attorney's fees are covered by the settlement. As far as attorney's, check their ratings and speak to several attorneys. But I would not let it drop. Meanwhile, I'm not getting any more error messages.
Thank you for your help. I'm a 76 year old widow going through this by myself; I need all of the support I can get. Everyone that I know thinks that Mercedes has really dropped the ball not only on this car, but also how they have handled it with me.