EQC electric SUV New All electric SUV for 2020

EQC 400 - early ownership observations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2022, 05:14 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
W213 Night Edition 220d. (ML250 SLK350AMG)
Originally Posted by Natroth
So,
I have now owned the EQC400 for TWO years and 20,000km.
Those two years have seen the arrival of a few new EV's to Australia, many of which I have driven under the heading of "maybe upgrading". If you are comparing apples with apples, then the MG ZS EV, Ioniq 5, and Tesla 3 and Y are not in the same league. The Porsche Taycan is a superior handling competitor but not as practical as a daily driver, with the same range. The 2nd-gen Jaguar I-Pace is more confident on the road but not a luxury car inside. A key point is that the "range" across all the new EV's is still not much more than 400 genuine km and the EQC regularly returns a conservative 370km. Maybe the new EQE will challenge this but it is not here yet and not an SUV. I have had no great warranty issues with the car and no life-threatening recalls. The EQC has not developed any annoying squeaks or groans. My tyres are at 50% which is indicative of a more eco/serene driving style that the car eases you into, except for reminding various turbo 4 cylinder ICE and annoying V8 vehicles that their day in the sun is over: EV's rule!!!

Range anxiety in Australia is more due to a lack of government enthusiasm to embrace EV's but this is also changing with a recent change of government. I am holding my breath a bit for Tesla to open its charging stations to all EV"S )) That said, I have a home charger so every time I leave home I have a full battery.

What can I say? I am still enjoying the EQC, firstly as a very high-quality Mercedes and secondly as an electric supercar, all 300kw, 2.5tonne, and 760nm of it.....................
Hey mate, I really like the way you write and thanks for your 2 year assessment.
I'm also waiting for the EQE as a potential replacement to my W213 E Class.

May I ask please, how is the white part of your seats holding up after the 2 years? Do you need to break out the leather cleaner? Or is it all ok?

Thanks
Old 06-26-2022, 03:05 AM

Received 77 Likes on 29 Posts
EQC400
Leather seats need tender loving care no matter what car they are in if you want them to survive. The tanned skin of a cow needs cleaning and moisturising, from time to time, like your face, to avoid cracking and creasing My 20-year-old Spanish leather seats in my Lexus SC430 get the same attention as the new EQC400. Leather seats can suffer from "blueing" where your jeans transfer dye to the seat and is only visible on light coloured/white seats. Once a month I clean and condition the seats and so far they are as white as when new. I think the ventilated seats help reduce the hot sweaty environment that causes the color to come out of your jeans. So far so good !!

Old 01-02-2023, 05:01 AM

EQC400
All good things must come to an end........
After three happy years of ownership I have sold my fully optioned Edition 1 EQC for not much less than I bought it for. The higher than usual second hand price was the sole motivator. I found myself attracted to the new EQE SUV and hope that there will be improvements from the Gen1 EQC. When the EQE becomes available in Australia late 2023 I will "upgrade". From the many notes above, I have had a largely trouble free period of EQC ownership given the inherent risk of being an early EV adopter. Australia is far behind the planet in becoming EV friendly. My main EV pain has been the anxiety of modest range and finding two cars in front me at the only charger in a country town.

As an end note, I have thoroughly enjoyed owning the EQC and think that it is still a high quality EV that would make a good second hand purchase at the right price.

See you all on the EQE forum

The following 3 users liked this post by Natroth:
TheSpooky (04-01-2023), Wassaby (01-02-2023), Wolfman (08-31-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 05:43 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Originally Posted by Natroth
All good things must come to an end........
After three happy years of ownership I have sold my fully optioned Edition 1 EQC for not much less than I bought it for. The higher than usual second hand price was the sole motivator. I found myself attracted to the new EQE SUV and hope that there will be improvements from the Gen1 EQC. When the EQE becomes available in Australia late 2023 I will "upgrade". From the many notes above, I have had a largely trouble free period of EQC ownership given the inherent risk of being an early EV adopter. Australia is far behind the planet in becoming EV friendly. My main EV pain has been the anxiety of modest range and finding two cars in front me at the only charger in a country town.

As an end note, I have thoroughly enjoyed owning the EQC and think that it is still a high quality EV that would make a good second hand purchase at the right price.

See you all on the EQE forum

not been lurking here much due to the lack of much EQ talk but dipped in to see this sad post. Your postings helped give me the confidence to get my EQC which I have been totally happy with over 24500km. The front tyres may need replacing soon and the coolant needed a top up but since then has maintained its level so an excellent experience so far. I am also disposing of the car but for ŕ replacement EQE SUV due in Nov my dealer made a good offer and having driven the EQE saloon I thought it worth the change despite the price. Will never go back to an ICE and I think Mercedes make some of the best BEV albeit at a very hefty price.
Old 08-19-2023, 03:34 AM

EQC400
Thank you

Originally Posted by parkwood
not been lurking here much due to the lack of much EQ talk but dipped in to see this sad post. Your postings helped give me the confidence to get my EQC which I have been totally happy with over 24500km. The front tyres may need replacing soon and the coolant needed a top up but since then has maintained its level so an excellent experience so far. I am also disposing of the car but for ŕ replacement EQE SUV due in Nov my dealer made a good offer and having driven the EQE saloon I thought it worth the change despite the price. Will never go back to an ICE and I think Mercedes make some of the best BEV albeit at a very hefty price.
thank you, its nice to know my advisory comments were helpful. I also am waiting to see the silly EQE SUV pricing. Every time i see an EQC I reminisce about the good ol’ days. My head is turning to a Tesla Y as a “bang for buck” alternative…. But still waiting …. Nathan