EQC 400 - early ownership observations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 11:12 PM

Received 77 Likes on 29 Posts
EQC400
EQC 400 - early ownership observations

G'Day from Australia,
I now own an EQC400 AMG First Edition (3 weeks). Here are some of my early non-technical observations:
- The GLC and the EQC are not visually alike when side by side, other than being the usual slab-sided design that all SUV's are. The EQC has a clear coupe look
- I am getting a regular 370k (230m) driving in a moderately flat area so regeneration is at a minimum (with minimal racing off at lights)
- the car is quieter than the Tesla X and 3 with zero tyre/road noise on very rough bitumen Aussie roads. So quiet that I can hear any minor vibrations. I spent 40 minutes chasing down an early vibration eventually sourcing it to my wife's sunglasses vibrating in the roof-mounted sunglass holder, OMG!
- acceleration is not ludicrous but better than 99% of the ICE cars I meet at traffic lights
- the autonomous driving is equal to Tesla but having to hold the wheel every two minutes negates the benefit. The car automatically slows at roundabouts and corners and then re-accelerates.
- the genuine napa leather interior smells great and is soft but holds you in your seat. (assuming you don't mind sitting on Italian sourced cowhide)
- the tech is real-world impressive: screens are HD with infinite customisations, self-park works well, augmented reality navigation is different but not better, 360' surround cameras are good but don't have the Tesla video alarm system which I think is amazing. Apple Play fills in the gaps.
- I am struggling with charging as Australia hasn't embraced EV's yet so finding superchargers for Mercedes is few and far between.
- Amusingly, the EQC MBUX will navigate you to Nissan/BMW incompatible charging points. The MB database seems to have ALL charging points not only MB compatible (Type 2 CCS) in its GPS system so this has the potential to be a big problem if low on power and in unfamiliar territory. You can't limit the MBUX to CCS type 2 chargers only. I now have my phone stuck back up on the windscreen to crosscheck charging point suitability, poor show Mercedes.

So far, the car is a luxuriously quiet ride way beyond Tesla but the tech could be an equaliser for many, with Tesla probably winning at the moment. Arguments for and against become a discussion on what EV features you want/enjoy most. Range is not the defining factor when you mostly charge at home or have a good charging network.

just some early observations................ that could change

The following 12 users liked this post by Natroth:
bad habit (04-01-2020), BVC500 (03-31-2020), C280 Sport (04-03-2020), far2000 (06-27-2020), GLO (06-12-2020), hyperion667 (10-12-2020), mickhoog (07-01-2020), Moertling (12-16-2020), pjacobs55 (04-01-2020), rxmb7 (10-20-2020), syswei (03-31-2020), Wolfman (04-03-2020) and 7 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-03-2020, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 412 Likes on 340 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by Natroth
G'Day from Australia,
I now own an EQC400 AMG First Edition (3 weeks). Here are some of my early non-technical observations:
- The GLC and the EQC are not visually alike when side by side, other than being the usual slab-sided design that all SUV's are. The EQC has a clear coupe look
- I am getting a regular 370k (230m) driving in a moderately flat area so regeneration is at a minimum (with minimal racing off at lights)
- the car is quieter than the Tesla X and 3 with zero tyre/road noise on very rough bitumen Aussie roads. So quiet that I can hear any minor vibrations. I spent 40 minutes chasing down an early vibration eventually sourcing it to my wife's sunglasses vibrating in the roof-mounted sunglass holder, OMG!
- acceleration is not ludicrous but better than 99% of the ICE cars I meet at traffic lights
- the autonomous driving is equal to Tesla but having to hold the wheel every two minutes negates the benefit. The car automatically slows at roundabouts and corners and then re-accelerates.
- the genuine napa leather interior smells great and is soft but holds you in your seat. (assuming you don't mind sitting on Italian sourced cowhide)
- the tech is real-world impressive: screens are HD with infinite customisations, self-park works well, augmented reality navigation is different but not better, 360' surround cameras are good but don't have the Tesla video alarm system which I think is amazing. Apple Play fills in the gaps.
- I am struggling with charging as Australia hasn't embraced EV's yet so finding superchargers for Mercedes is few and far between.
- Amusingly, the EQC MBUX will navigate you to Nissan/BMW incompatible charging points. The MB database seems to have ALL charging points not only MB compatible (Type 2 CCS) in its GPS system so this has the potential to be a big problem if low on power and in unfamiliar territory. You can't limit the MBUX to CCS type 2 chargers only. I now have my phone stuck back up on the windscreen to crosscheck charging point suitability, poor show Mercedes.

So far, the car is a luxuriously quiet ride way beyond Tesla but the tech could be an equaliser for many, with Tesla probably winning at the moment. Arguments for and against become a discussion on what EV features you want/enjoy most. Range is not the defining factor when you mostly charge at home or have a good charging network.

just some early observations................ that could change
So where are you located in Australia? How did you get one? MBUSA has nothing on their site to order one. Post some pics. Is the interior larger compared to the GLC?
Old 04-04-2020, 08:29 PM

EQC400
I live in Parramatta, New South Wales in Australia. I foolishly signed up to an online waiting list to have a test drive of the EQC400 whenever it appeared in Australia (I thought years away). I was holidaying interstate over Christmas and received a phone call from MB excitedly advising me that 25 rare "Edition 1" EQC400's were shipping to all of Australia and I was chosen to buy one if I wished. I was given 5 days to make a decision. The EQC is fully loaded with accessories and unique napa leather interior so after a few animated discussions with the wife, I bought it for less than the price of a standard model. A true bargain I told myself hahaha. So far only a couple have arrived and apparently I got the first one.

The rationality of my buying decision was slightly boosted by the car winning the Australian Car of the Year over Tesla 3 and Jaguar IPace, and other ICE cars such as the Range Rover Evoque and BMW X5. Seven independent judges said, "for a visually unremarkable car, the EQC400 has crushing completeness, supreme suppleness and ripping refinement over its competitors"........ I repeated this to the wife (and myself) several times

The rear seating space is equal to the GLC but scalloping of the front seatbacks allows for more knee room. I only ever intended the rear to be for two so the tailshaft hump drama (OMG, no flat floor) is a bit of a storm in a teacup.

Anyways, I snapped a few quick unflattering pics yesterday of my VERY RARE car

21" AMG low profile wheels

Napa leather, semi-autonomous driving, augmented reality navigation, heated/ventilated seats, 3 zone A/C

lots of legroom

lots of room with a spare tyre underfloor rather than glue

Well, some people think its better than Tesla ))
The following 4 users liked this post by Natroth:
GLO (06-12-2020), Gusto (05-13-2020), mickhoog (07-29-2021), Wassaby (10-17-2020)
Old 04-20-2020, 08:44 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
AMG GT63S
an edition 1 EQC?! Nice OP! Did they have that option in which it came with the designo matte color?
Old 04-21-2020, 04:01 AM

EQC400
For Australia, the "Edition 1" was only 25 cars for the whole country on a first-pay, first-choice system. The cars were already on the boat from Germany so you could only choose from whatever colors were left when your turn in the waiting list was called. There were a few of each designo color. When I floated to the top of the waiting list I could choose from diamond white or graphite grey.

The downside to buying an "Edition 1" was that you couldn't choose your accessories as they were already packaged and on the boat. I wanted a towbar and air balance scent package but they are factory fitted only and NOT part of "Edition 1" cars. I got some nice goodies at a heavily discounted price as part of the "Edition 1" but couldn't get everything I wanted so I don't think "Edition 1" will be for everyone. I am sure I will regret not getting the towbar.

So far, the car continues to return 350km per charge including a few "first off the lights" encounters. I think I might have the only car with a spare tire instead of a pressure pack due to buying an early release model. All the other EQC's I have seen or read about don't have spare tires.

I have complained to Mercedes Benz that the "find a charger' function in the MBUX takes me to BMW and Nissan charging points and rarely a MB charger, but have had no reply thus far. I don't care if there are only three MB chargers in Australia, I need to trust the car to take me to the correct charging outlet when I am down to my last 10km of range.
otherwise........ no regrets........ So far so good!

hidden at the bottom of the B pillar, nowhere else.

The car has its roots in the GLC but is a long way from it visually.

19" space-saver spare (very rare I think)
GLO (06-12-2020), Gusto (05-13-2020), jeffzzz (05-13-2020), peter2772000 (04-24-2020)
Old 04-29-2020, 11:00 PM

EQC400
I own it but can't drive it anywhere....

After finding a legal reason to leave my coronavirus lock-downed home (I ran out of pasta and toilet paper), I found my way to a new local charger to top up my 90% full EQC.
Hmmmm..... Our National Roads and Motorists Association (NRMA) is installing many 50kw chargers in regional shopping centres, without much thought to car design. The EQC has its only charging port on the rear quarter panel driver side so I have to park the wrong way around in the parking spot to reach the charger, illegal in Australia. The location of the charging port and the position of the charger are added complications for EV's. Even Tesla vehicles struggle with the parking/charging configuration at this location. Parking across two spots is an automatic parking fine of $280.

The following users liked this post:
jeffzzz (05-13-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 361 Likes on 298 Posts
1991 190E 2.3
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
So where are you located in Australia? How did you get one? MBUSA has nothing on their site to order one. Post some pics. Is the interior larger compared to the GLC?
The EQC is delayed in the U.S. until 2021 due to high demand in Europe.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:13 PM

EQC400

Semi-Scientific Range Test No2
Our lockdown is easing so I was able to visit relatives down the Australian coast; we are not yet allowed to drive for pleasure, there must be a relative at the other end!. Many journalists report that EV's don't perform well on freeways as there is limited opportunity for regeneration. I wanted to test this theory around my location
I traveled from Parramatta to Port Kembla via the freeway, 114km - 70miles each way. A small leap for the EQC but a large leap for a frustrated driver
I set the level of regeneration to "D minus" which means one-pedal driving, the car begins to moderately slow regenerating power as soon as you take your foot off the accelerator with hardly any brake pedal work needed
I left Parramatta 100% charged up with a predicted range of 332 kilometers - 212 miles, which was the result of very short-run urban trips to Aldi
The freeway has a 110kph -70mph speed limit which I loosely kept to on cruise control for most of it
I had to drive up and down Mt Pleasant to get there, still on the freeway. These roads are steep in some parts for 5-10 kilometers and are 40kph - 25mph speed limited for trucks. I was worried about the level of regeneration down the hill and kwh burn to get back up the hill. The EQC used less energy going up the hill than it generated going down the other side: I made more power than I used!

Long story short..... the EQC returned my lowest burn rate so far. The car regularly moved into regen mode while on cruise control. I drove 70 miles and burned only 55 miles of power going down and 70 miles distance for 60 miles of energy burn coming back up the mountain. When I arrived home I had half a tank left. After charging, the car calculated that based on 70mph driving at dry freeway conditions I was still good for 362 kilometers (225 miles) range.

My range anxiety is beginning to fade (early days I know).... even at high speed the EQC accelerates faster than a new Ford Mustang Bullitt that tried to overtake me; he later caught up and nodded to my mystery superior vehicle )) The Bullitt did sound very good as it tried to keep up in our very short pace test.

Unscientific yes but confidence in my "not-a-tesla" EV is building

Last edited by Natroth; 05-16-2020 at 08:30 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by Natroth:
anoop (05-20-2020), GLO (06-12-2020), jcapotos (05-09-2020), jeffzzz (05-13-2020), jsa1983 (05-22-2020), mickhoog (07-01-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-06-2020, 11:38 AM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Very interesting thread can you keep us updated? I am in France and wondering what to do when my lease expires next year. Diesel has always been the sensible choice here and I prefer it to petrol for its power and co2 credentials and indeed the latest adblue engines are as good as petrol for particulates. It has an advantage as the price of diesel has been substantially lower than petrol for years but the gov has decided to bring them more in line. A phev would perhaps be a sensible choice but they all nearly all petrol and I am not keen because of co2 emissions which really are important. I would go all electric as France is building a really good charging network but I actually do not want an suv nor a saloon but an estate and I have no idea if I can ever get one.
the British press ( I am english) seem to criticise the eqc for having a fidgety ride over anything other than super smooth surfaces and the joggling about from the higher ride height was one of the things I disliked with my glk . I now have an eclass on air suspension and it’s ride is good. Any thoughts?
Old 06-06-2020, 09:57 PM

EQC400
Range is increasing

Yay! range of 400km!
So after convincing myself, and others, that the EQC400 is faster than most other cars at traffic light drag-offs my driving style has calmed down a bit. I played with the "D-" and the stronger "D--" regeneration settings and vastly improved my range. There are two benefits to higher regeneration settings; lift your foot off the accelerator and the car automatically slows using the friction of the generators with less/no braking, and the level of regeneration is higher. This describes the new term "one-pedal" driving which I am warming to and, with practice, makes for a smoother drive. It has changed my habit of driving up to lights and braking versus a slower "no-brakes" deceleration and gaining more energy as a bonus. Yes, it is a different mindset to my boy-racer mode of driving but maybe that is a good thing.

Regarding ride comfort, I own a Mercedes E400 with air suspension which does not ride or handle as well as the higher and heavier EQC. On ride comfort, I think the additional EQC weight has been fully considered in the suspension setup smoothing out reaction to road bumps making the car less flighty. I feel the centrifugal weight of the car through corners but it is controlled by the suspension and does not in any way feel unsafe or unwieldy. My boy racer driving style doesn't need to slow down or compensate in any way. I have recently driven the Tesla X and it is a lot less stable through corners. Actually, it caught me unawares after driving the EQC and expecting a similar drive and control dynamic.

Still early days though with diminishing range anxiety and a growing level of confidence and enjoyment in the EQC. One of my pleasure measures is that I am driving my favorite V8 Lexus SC430 (almost 20 years old) a lot less in favor of the EQC

Australia is still in partial lockdown so I have not taken any lengthy multi recharging trips yet

Last edited by Natroth; 06-06-2020 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 796 Likes on 752 Posts
2015 S550 Palladium/Deep Sea Blue, 2016 Tesla Model S 70D, 2015 Volvo XC70
Thanks for the update, Natroth. I'd be interested to know whether you can pre-cool (or pre-heat) the EQC using an app?
Old 06-09-2020, 02:52 AM

EQC400

Screenshot of the Mercedes ME app
The Mercedes Me app covers many of the basic functions you might want:
  • open/close sunroof
  • lock/unlock doors
  • preheat/cool car - you can preset the car to climatize at the same time each day or just push the button when you are leaving the restaurant
  • tire pressure
  • remaining range/charging status
I like that the app sends a message to my apple watch to alert me if the car is unlocked or if the proximity alarm is set off. I can lock the car from my watch! This is a step down from Tesla which auto locks when you walk away from the car.

Cool!
barsaec (08-20-2020), jcapotos (06-09-2020), peejalino (06-16-2020), syswei (06-13-2020)
Old 06-19-2020, 11:17 PM

EQC400
Living with my EQC400 is getting easier. My partner bit the bullet and drove the car for the first time this week as we drove through the Hunter Valley Wine District. With little tuition, she was driving on adaptive cruise resisting the urge to use the brake pedal when coming up behind other vehicles and entering roundabouts. She has completely changed her mind about "never" driving the car to swapping with me several times across our journey. The range is a constant number sitting just under 400 kilometers using adaptive cruise and "D--" regeneration (one pedal driving).

A French/Englishman (in this thread) made comments about the EQC perhaps "jiggling" from side to side as it rode over uneven/rough roads due to higher ride height. I became very sensitive to "jiggling" in the car over the course of our weekend trip but the two of us ultimately agreed that the car rides the same as a lower sitting sedan. I serendipitously parked next to an IPace in a winery and sought out the owner who was hovering closeby wondering whether I was going to dent his doors or not. We all enjoyed an animated discussion about EV's over a liquid lunch. We agreed to drive each other's cars over a long straight stretch outside the winery as a non-scientific comparison and jiggling test. Car theft from this type of scam does not happen often in Australia so I felt okay about handing over my key.

My new friend Jeff drove the EQC first and came back with glowing descriptors such as "quieter than the IPace", "as fast as the IPace", "better ride than the IPace", "felt some slight body roll in the corners" "love your dashboard, so easy". Overall I got the idea that he thought the EQC was the better car.
I then drove the IPace. The car is smaller and lower. The ride is firmer (with air suspension), the cabin is noisier and it jiggles (side to side) more than the EQC even though it has a lower centre of gravity. I think the EQC won this round.

I discovered a new irritating fact about the EQC, and perhaps other new Mercedes' cars. Every time you start the EQC it alerts you that there is no-one in the back seats (Doh!) with a bright yellow graphic on the dash. I undertook some research and discovered I was not alone with this dilemma. Armed with this knowledge I went straight to eBay and found seatbelt inserts that stop the alarm AND opens beer bottles!!! A match made in heaven.!!!

The irritating yellow alert, on my dashboard, that my back seats are empty, every time I start the car.

eBay, and an anonymous inventor, saved the day!

Fully installed, no more alerts, and always ready for my next beer...........

So far, so good.......... the EQC is a keeper.

Alex Kuk (08-21-2021), barsaec (08-20-2020), hyperion667 (10-12-2020), syswei (06-20-2020)
Old 06-22-2020, 06:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
14 GL 350, 23Chevy Bolt EV and 22 EUV
I, among others, are following your observations and await the arrival of the car in the USA. I'm also awaiting the full specs on the Volvo Recharge due in late 2020.

I have a Chevy Bolt, 2017, that has that annoying rear seat Alert (depending on your circumstances) . However, it could be easily removed in the settings, with no need for seat buckles accessories.

Thanks...
Old 06-23-2020, 08:52 PM

EQC400
I didn't know about the Volvo Recharge. Very interesting car! Reviews read well with good range and very importantly, over the air software upgrades and Google maps.

The EQC uses Mercedes mapping, updated annually, and a database of charging stations that cannot be sorted in any way. The MBUX keeps wanting to send me to incompatible Nissan charging stations. MB said that it may be fixed in an annual software update, maybe.......

The build quality of the EQC is unquestionable but is let down by lacklustre integration of the technology. I think it may be an "Australia only" issue due to low uptake of EV's and zero government charging support. I have to use my phone to find and confirm charging stations and map the destination. The EQC "D Auto" function is disabled for Australia (no-one told me when I bought the car) which means the car cannot calculate distance and charging station locations then manage driving to maximise range. This is the INTELLIGENT part of the car and it is missing! A car lobotomy...

Mercedes refuse to explain why. They have escalated it to their colleagues in Germany for a response. I love driving the EQC, having driven Lexus Tesla and Jaguar but am disappointed in the dumbing down of the technology. This is a big bump in the road to long term ownership but I read that Tesla has its fair share of technology issues also

The curse of being an early adopter I suppose.
The following 2 users liked this post by Natroth:
barsaec (08-20-2020), mickhoog (07-29-2021)
Old 07-01-2020, 07:19 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
W213 Night Edition 220d. (ML250 SLK350AMG)
G'day,
I have really enjoyed reading your posts this evening. I normally am in the E Class forum and didn't think to look for the EQC one.
I did a test drive of the EQC at the Melb launch and was thoroughly impressed, albeit a heavy vehicle, it was stable and solid and familiar (i've had a few MB).
I do a lot of regional travel between Melb and Mallacoota so looking at the map at the moment recharge locations aren't that good, so I've held off.
I am a fan of electric vehicles and for my travelling at the moment, if they bring the GLE350de to Australia that might be a suitable stop gap although i wish for full EV.
For the city I wish they would make an electric cabrio SLC electric if you will, maybe in a future generation.
I digress. I like your Edition 1 and also the black and white seats. I have been wanting to see that combo, so thank you for posting your pictures.
Regards
M.
Natroth (07-01-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 07:43 PM

EQC400
EQC 400 is outselling the Tesla X - marginally

Quote from "TheDRIVEN" EV website

"Electric and hybrid vehicles continue to drive change in the slumping auto market in Australia, pushing a minor uptick in auto sales in June compared to previous months when sales were hit by the Coronavirus pandemic. One interesting move in EV sales in Australia has been the performance of the Mercedes-Benz EQC, which has overtaken the Tesla Model X". The Tesla 3 is still the most popular car sold in the six months of 2020 and the impact of the Tesla Y is still to come.

Australia has a 33% Luxury Car Tax, which includes EV's ( above $AUD75,526 for 'fuel-efficient
vehicles' and $AUD 67,525 for all other vehicles), and has no Federal government purchase subsidies or incentives. Also, there are very few charging stations so EV's are not all that popular.

mickhoog (07-12-2020)
Old 07-12-2020, 08:07 AM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
W213 Night Edition 220d. (ML250 SLK350AMG)
And obviously the model 3 is also selling more because it has just really gone on sale (made available in our market) and there were a lot of pre orders waiting for it.

We also have 10% GST
LCT of 33%
Stamp Duty of 5% (Vic)
And in Victoria we have a Luxury Stamp Duty which the EQC is applicable, upped to 7%

Nat, i do think that because the LCT is for fuel efficient vehicles / non fuel efficient that the BEV is using no fuel, that the threshold should be non existent or even double the threshold.

Have you been out in the EQC this weekend?
Old 07-16-2020, 08:57 PM

EQC400
Normally, during winter (July) we would be on a beach in Bali for several weeks. Instead, we are travelling to the restored Carrington Hotel in Katoomba and hoping for some snow. The round trip with some touring will be a little over 300 kilometres so it will be an interesting test for the car with four bodies on board. The outward journey is all uphill into the mountains, not much regeneration. Coming home/downhill I hope to make a "profit" as in more energy than I started with. I am hopeful
Old 07-30-2020, 07:49 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
GLE300d
Beautiful car. Wish we had them here.
Natroth (07-31-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 02:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
14 GL 350, 23Chevy Bolt EV and 22 EUV
AutoTrader Utube video review of this car indicated very sluggish and ill mannered handling of this car (he quoted drunken hippo !)
Yikes, that is not good. He stated the excessive weight and seemingly high center of gravity as key factors. I am shocked, what is your thoughts on handling with this vehicle ?
Old 08-03-2020, 09:42 PM

EQC400
There are many videos and reviews of this car, most extremely favorable. The Autotrader review is one of the very few that criticize the handling of the car. The car won "Car of the Year" 2020 for its superior handling and suspension setup compared to similar vehicles, on very rough Australian roads.

Quote from judges:
"The dynamic highlight is the suppleness of the chassis tune. With the long-travel dampers and relatively soft springs, it was agreed that this the best-riding Mercedes-Benz SUV bar none. “Soft, but not sloppy, with brilliant wheel control,” noted judge John Carey. Simply one of the most complete and competent vehicles I’ve ever tested on the road,” stated Byron. “Just so deeply impressive.”
My own impressions are that the car is heavy but the suspension more than compensates on winding country roads. I am getting 400km on a full charge so power to weight is OK. I have never ever felt a sense of "wallowing hippo". How you can describe the car as sluggish when it accelerates 0-100 in 5 seconds is beyond me. That acceleration is smooth, not neck-snapping, and is extremely quiet and it gets there in FIVE seconds! The car as an EV has some shortcomings in best of breed design (no frunk) and a range of 400km that will quickly be outdated, but the ride and build is better than my S class sedan.

My wife and I now drive this as our preferred daily driver so it can't be that bad, but that is just our opinion.
The following 2 users liked this post by Natroth:
jcapotos (08-04-2020), parkwood (04-23-2021)
Old 08-28-2020, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQC
My Range

Hi!
What do you think about this range?
100% charge and Air Conditioned Off.
I love this car.

EQC range at 100%
Old 08-28-2020, 09:08 PM

EQC400
That is amazing!!
How did you achieve it?
I really can't get past 400km but have the a/c on. That can't account for a 100km range improvement
Did you drive downhill for 400km to trick the new average range?

Teach me....... please
Old 08-29-2020, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQC
Originally Posted by Natroth
That is amazing!!
How did you achieve it?
I really can't get past 400km but have the a/c on. That can't account for a 100km range improvement
Did you drive downhill for 400km to trick the new average range?

Teach me....... please
Hi,
My way to work is steady at 60 km/h limitation. I use the auto driving with D - - to recover as much as possible. Roads are very good (I live in Switzerland). Anyway, the most I got is 450 km driving at 90 km/h, constant speed. Driving at 120 km/h it reduces to 375 km. Around 30-40 km less if a/c is ON.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EQC 400 - early ownership observations