EQE SUV (X294) Forum for Discussion of EQE SUV

Customer Service Nightmare

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2024, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eqe350+
Exclamation Customer Service Nightmare

I bought a 2023 EQE 350+ SUV on 02/10/24 and it's been at the dealership since 02/26/24 needing the motor and main battery to be replaced. The dealership is useless and here is my email to the GM of the dealership who finally called me and it's been 7 days since I emailed him with no response yet.

My wife has a 2023 EQE 350+ she purchased 11/28/23 and has has 12 volt battery issues twice now.

THE EMAIL:
Neil, I wanted to send you this email per our conversation this morning. I Purchased our first EQE from your dealership on 11/28/23, We enjoyed it so much I decided to purchase a second EQE on 02/10/24. On the night of 02/24/24 my EQE started beeping and sounding an alarm and messages on the dash stated “Cannot Start Vehicle” and “Have High Voltage System Checked” and “Service Required DO NOT CHANGE Transmission Position” I contacted our sampan Ray (who has been great to deal with) I contacted MB Roadside and they told me it would be an hour to two hours to get it picked up and towed to your dealership. Then io received a phone call from thew tow service that they couldn’t pick it up Saturday night due to not be ing able to unload it at your dealership, but I was advised by Ray and MB that all the tow companies MB uses know to drive through the open area by the body shop next door. They ended up picking up the vehicle on 02/26/24. I have owned this vehicle as of today for 60 days and out of those 60 days your dealership has had possession of it for 46 Days which is almost 80% of the time I have owned this vehicle.

After your dealership having possession of my EQE for three weeks I had only heard from our service advisor twice, I left multiple messages for him and I never heard back.

On 03/19/24 our first EQE that we purchased which my wife drives had a message on her screen stating “12 V On-Board System Service Required” I told her to drive straight to your dealership. Ray got her taken care of with a loaner.

I was so frustrated that I called and asked to speak to the General Manager (yourself) I was able to leave a voice message on 03/19/24. I then received a phone call from Kevin Boles (Service manager) and I was advised that you were out of the office the rest of that day for personal issues. So he was asked to reach out to me. He advised me to contact MB and file claims for both vehicles (05813381,06153523, 05813164)

I spoke to the claim rep for my claim (3381) on 03/23/24 I then heard from the second claim rep (3164) on 03/25/24. I was told when I filed these claims that both reps would make initial contact with me within 48 hours. The one for mine contacted me on 03/23/25 and the other rep for the second one contacted me on 03/25/24. Both took allot longer then the promised 48 hours.

I received a text message from Charles 0n 03//20/24 stating "rear electric motor is wrong and its broken” “ so the part number supplied by pac above is wrong” “it looks that way, and the that note says front I need rear” and “ordered coming from JV, eta 3 days”.

I took that as the correct part was arriving now on 03/24/24 at the latest of the 3 day promised. On 3/26/24 I received another text from Charles and it stated “@parts can we get an eta” “it’s looking like a tentative date of 04/04/24. Josh is gonna look into this”

It went from three days for the correct part to now 12 additional days after the three day quote.

I received a text also from Kevin on 03/26/24 and he stated “I just got off the phone with my rep and the part is coming from Jacksonville and shows to have 30 of these motors, but im betting they were mis labeled hence the reason we received the wrong motor. REGARDLESS it sounds like they are working to get you out of the vehicle. I told him your not interested in another electric but were willing to stay with the brand”

My wife’s EQE that was taken to your dealership on 03/19/24 was “supposedly repaired” and we picked it up on 03/22/24 she was driving on 03/28/24 and she got the same message again “12 V On-Board Electrical System Service Required” I called ray again and I advised my wife to drive to the dealership AGAIN, and she left it after it being released to us 6 days prior.

Her EQE has been there since 03/28/24 and I was advised that the repairs might be completed by 04/12/24.

MB Corporate-

I have sent emails to
Teule claim rep asking for an update on 04/03/24,04/05/24 and I received an email back from him on 04/08/24 with no status update except they are working on it”

Joshua the claim rep for the second EQE, left me a voice message and an email both on 03/28/24 stating that they are planning on doing a buyback for the EQE and he would;d have an answer for me either on 03/28/24 or 04/01/24. I have sent him emails asking for an update on 04/03/24,04/05/24,04/08/24 and still no response.

Now as of yesterday it’s been approx. 21 days since l left a voice message for you Neil( The GM) and I had to go on Group 1 website and send them an email about filing a complaint, and they replied asking me which dealership and I advised them this morning at 9:59am that is was MB of Boerne and then I finally received a phone call from you Neil (the GM) literally not an hour after I advised Group 1 it was your dealership.

I am veery shocked that as a GM and youll having both our vehicles with all these issues and me leaving you a VM that you never reached out to me.

At this point I want to keep things positive and I don’t want to go in a legal direction, but I have had conversations with my attorney and I would like to continue being a MB loyal customer, we have purchased many MB already from your dealership, My daughter purchased one from your dealership, my brother and sister in law both have Mercedes from your dealership.

I had messaged in a group Ray and Kevin on 03/238/24 asking to speak with you after we had to take my wife EQE back to your dealership for the second time. No reply from them and no contact from you either. I also messaged “I am still mind blown that the GM hasn’t reached out to us yet”. And still no contact from you Neil the (GM).

I am attaching a spreadsheet with all the deposits, payments, and expenses related to these two EQE along with the corresponding receipts for the electrical work, the tint, and the charger.

The only option for us at this point to keep this entire situation positive and not going the legal route, and not contacting the Texas Attorney General, and not going on all avenues of social media, is that we would like both these vehicles to be bought back and all payments, deposits, and expenses be reimbursed to me and to sell us two new non electric Mercedes and offer us the same discounts and rebates that were given to us on the two Eqe deals that we did.

On the EQE purchased on 11/28/23 we were given a discount of $7500 and rebate of $8500
On the EQE purchased on 02/10/24 we were given a discount of $11,700 and rebate of $7500

We both really want to be able to move on and not have this catastrpohe to deal with any longer. This has been a nightmare. My wife is afraid to even drive an EV now and she wont even go to see her family down south because she is afraid that the loaner is going to break down like the two EQE’s that we purchased from your dealership.

Sincerely,

Gary G

Old 04-16-2024, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 718 Likes on 699 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to X294 forum...
Old 04-16-2024, 09:54 PM

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
EQE 500
Not a Texas resident but it sounds like a pretty clear lemon law case. Texas DMV has all the steps and even provides a sample letter for you to send to the manufacturer. Follow the process to file a claim to the T or have a lawyer do it.

In the meantime, search this board and there might be other lemon law experiences. My own was pretty straightforward but nothing happened until I sent the first certified letter to inform them that I was pursuing the lemon law.
The following users liked this post:
garygoot (04-17-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 891 Likes on 686 Posts
G550
Dealership GMs are responsible for profits, not customer satisfaction. You need to personally deliver your letter to the dealership's Director of Customer Service. Stroll down the hallway past all the SA offices, and at the end you'll find an empty office, lights out and door locked. Slide your letter under the door, return home and wait for a phone call.
The following 2 users liked this post by streborx:
Bluffton Bob (04-20-2024), garygoot (04-17-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eqe350+
Thank you.
Old 04-17-2024, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 379 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
I don't understand how two vehicles probably manufactured months apart could have the same issues. Were there ever either over-the-air updates or software updates to them? I would expect that if your problems were endemic, this forum would be filled with accounts of similar problems, but yours is the only post so far. Sorry that you have these issues, but it sure sounds odd My 2024 AMQ EQE SUV has been flawless in software issue, just a minor trim problem and an incorrect light accessory needing to be replaced. How can an electric motor go bad in a few months? Keep us posted on the resolutions.
Old 04-17-2024, 01:42 PM

Received 204 Likes on 140 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
So sorry you've had these issues, @garygoot . I can't say we've had the same issues, we have 3 EQEs in the family, in sedan and SUV variants, and all three have been nearly flawless (I did have one issue with my sedan where it threw a communication fault twice, and displayed an error message that cleared on restart. Dealer unplugged and replugged all modules and it hasn't come back yet in 4500 miles, fingers crossed). It sounds like there are some in your dealership and region that are trying to make things right, but it does take time in my experience. Your wife's car is likely either a 12V battery that sat too long without DC-DC converter charging it (should be automatic), or the DC-DC converter itself. Both are good possibilities, and have been known to fail in other vehicles. In either case, it should be an easy fix. Sorry to hear about the motor though. Maybe a seal or bearing failed. The motors are known for being quite reliable, so it must have been something very unusual. Our fingers are crossed for a positive resolution on both your cars.
Old 05-05-2024, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 401 Likes on 279 Posts
W463 G550 / C190 GTC //prev: W204 C63 507 / R170
You need a new dealership, first of all. When I email my MB dealer, I get a reply the same day most of the time. If not, it’s the next day, at the latest.
I only deal with ONE service tech. He’s very knowledgeable and I’ve built a rapport with him over many years.

If you are not getting a reply from your dealership in 1-2 days, that’s unacceptable. Move on and find another dealer.

Keep in mind any new vehicle, especially an EV, will have many issues that are not yet resolved. Tesla is no better - spend some time on their forum and you’ll read many horror stories, even though that forum is all “Fan-boys”.

Good luck!