EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

EQE SUV in US - hyperscreen?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2022, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC 350e
EQE SUV in US - hyperscreen?

I'm interested in ordering an EQE SUV once they are available in early 2023. I'd like the hyperscreen, but Autoblog a few months ago indicated the EQE SUV (made in Alabama) will not offer the hyperscreen, even as an option. However, none of my other research indicates it won't be available. Does anyone here have any insight? Thanks!
Old 11-06-2022, 07:20 PM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
EQE 500
If it's like the sedan, it's true. Hyperscreen is not available at all on the EQE sedan even as an option. Supposedly being reserved for the AMG model.
Old 11-06-2022, 07:30 PM

GLC 350e
Ugh . . . thanks!
Old 11-07-2022, 07:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 800 Likes on 632 Posts
That changes my plans. No hyperscreen, no purchase.
The following users liked this post:
bellavance (11-08-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 09:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 782 Likes on 502 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by icwhatudidthere
If it's like the sedan, it's true. Hyperscreen is not available at all on the EQE sedan even as an option. Supposedly being reserved for the AMG model.
The EQE AMG currently doesn't have the hypersceen either. At least that's what they say in the ordering guide.
Old 11-07-2022, 11:58 AM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
EQE 500
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
The EQE AMG currently doesn't have the hypersceen either. At least that's what they say in the ordering guide.
Good! One less reason for me to think "I shoulda got the AMG."
Old 11-09-2022, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Do you have access to the EQE SUV (not sedan) ordering guide? Please share if possible! Thanks!
mhcdancer (11-11-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 01:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It seems that some Middle East countries are taking orders for the EQE SUV with the hyperscreen option.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:04 PM

GLC 350e
I'd love to see the order guide as well!
Old 11-11-2022, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,585 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
When there is an order guide, @Eaton will surely post it to the forums, but seeing as the launch was very recent, it most likely is not out yet. When it comes to MBUSA, the waiting game can be quite long.
mhcdancer (11-11-2022)
Old 11-11-2022, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by js_cls
When there is an order guide, @Eaton will surely post it to the forums, but seeing as the launch was very recent, it most likely is not out yet. When it comes to MBUSA, the waiting game can be quite long.
Oddly so....I went to the dealer and drove the EQS SUV as a surrogate for at least the front half of the vehicle. The dealer has vehicles, but no order guide for that either. They didn't even know what colors the EQS offered beyond the two they had in stock. And, with vehicles at the dealer, EQS SUV doesn't yet have a "build" function on the MBUSA website.

Last edited by Sportstick; 11-11-2022 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Oddly so....I went to the dealer and drove the EQS SUV as a surrogate for at least the front half of the vehicle. The dealer has vehicles, but no order guide for that either. They didn't even know what colors the EQS offered beyond the two they had in stock. And, with vehicles at the dealer, EQS SUV doesn't yet have a "build" function on the MBUSA website.
While the EQE SUV is still waiting for an order guide, the one for the EQS SUV has been available for months, so that may be an error on part of your salesman. MBUSA has been known to be very late and honestly clueless when it comes to configurators so its not a surprise that the EQS SUV configurator is somehow still not up despite the car being on sale for a month.

EQS SUV Order Guide
Sportstick (11-11-2022)
Old 11-11-2022, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by js_cls
While the EQE SUV is still waiting for an order guide, the one for the EQS SUV has been available for months, so that may be an error on part of your salesman. MBUSA has been known to be very late and honestly clueless when it comes to configurators so its not a surprise that the EQS SUV configurator is somehow still not up despite the car being on sale for a month.

EQS SUV Order Guide
Thank you for that. It does pose a question. EQS and EQE SUVs are both being sourced at Tuscaloosa. They should run through the same paint shop on the same line as almost identically-built vehicles other than length. The EQE is featured in that beautiful new color of Velvet Brown on almost all the publicity materials (and my avatar at the left), but it doesn't show at all for the EQS. Doesn't make sense to me that an existing color would not be available on the more expensive model as well. Or, will this be another option they show but is not available, such as hyperscreen?
Old 11-11-2022, 02:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Thank you for that. It does pose a question. EQS and EQE SUVs are both being sourced at Tuscaloosa. They should run through the same paint shop on the same line as almost identically-built vehicles other than length. The EQE is featured in that beautiful new color of Velvet Brown on almost all the publicity materials (and my avatar at the left), but it doesn't show at all for the EQS. Doesn't make sense to me that an existing color would not be available on the more expensive model as well. Or, will this be another option they show but is not available, such as hyperscreen?
Its definitely possible that the color could be introduced on the EQS SUV as well, but like all things with MBUSA it will be a waiting and guessing game for the time being.
Old 12-04-2022, 03:27 PM

Received 100 Likes on 75 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
For what it's worth, the EQE 500 4Matic sedan here in Sweden can be ordered with the HyperScreen. Also 2 AMG versions. But not the 350, 350+ or 300.
So, I'm hoping that I will be able to order the EQE SUV 500 with the HyperScreen. We shall see...
Old 12-04-2022, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by ScottC2
For what it's worth, the EQE 500 4Matic sedan here in Sweden can be ordered with the HyperScreen. Also 2 AMG versions. But not the 350, 350+ or 300.
So, I'm hoping that I will be able to order the EQE SUV 500 with the HyperScreen. We shall see...
Good to know and thanks. If also true here, I'll do the 500 also we will have very similar vehicles...maybe not color.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here are images of the EQE SUV. Scroll down for a view of the hyperscreen. The hyperscreen image caption is:
The new EQE SUV presents itself as a road-guiding all-rounder in the all-electric premium SUVs segment. Uncompromising visionary with powerful electric drive – and a range that does not fear long drives. Enjoy the next generation driving experience today: Sporty, premium and constantly digitally connected. And always impressive in the state-of-the-art interior with MBUX Hyperscreen as an option.