EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

ELW Pricing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 GLC43C4, 2023 AMGEQEV4
ELW Pricing?

I just pinged the good friend of this forum, Jeff Jackson @ MB of Louisville (who has hooked me up with great pricing on ELW/PPM products in the past) about current offerings on my 2023 AMG EQE Sedan.
Although he continues to offer a more than respectable discount, the base pricing seems really steep (not his fault, this is a MB thing, Jeff is always super helpful).
For example, 7yr/100k -> ~$10K. Even a 5yr ELW (1 yr on top of standard warranty) starts at ~$6k.

Could anyone make a case that ELW is worth buying at this price? Given that the battery is warranted for 10yrs, what are other high-ticket items that would justify such a steep ELW product?
(I'm inclined to take my chances and hope for the best ... but curious what others think).
The following users liked this post:
bytemaster0 (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024, 08:30 PM

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts
'19 AMG E53 Cpe, '23 EQS 580 SUV, '88 560SL, '35 Ford 5w coupe, '53 MGTD and others
That seems absurdly high for a vehicle that doesn't have that many parts in the drivetrain. The 7/100k/0 deductible on our E53 MB ELW was about half of that as I recall. And MB covered around $10k in parts and labor on a check engine problem on that.
Old 02-26-2024, 08:59 PM

Received 232 Likes on 161 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
Originally Posted by efty_wi
I just pinged the good friend of this forum, Jeff Jackson @ MB of Louisville (who has hooked me up with great pricing on ELW/PPM products in the past) about current offerings on my 2023 AMG EQE Sedan.
Although he continues to offer a more than respectable discount, the base pricing seems really steep (not his fault, this is a MB thing, Jeff is always super helpful).
Jeff Jackson is awesome, @efty_wi , not sure if you're local to Louisville, but the folks at MB Louisville are fantastic. They are my local dealer and have always outperformed anyone else, I love working with them. As for the price, we bit the bullet on both sedan and SUV. Because we bought the SUV CPO, it was cheaper than the new vehicle ELW price. Reasoning is that if an inverter goes out, or a motor bearing fails, you're in for some money. Most of the stuff is easily accessible on the V295 platform, but the part costs are liable to be quite high. Chances are good they'll last a while, but you never know. If you decide not to go for ELW, best of luck, I certainly hope we won't need ours, but the peace of mind is worth it on a car that costs this much.
Old 02-27-2024, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by bytemaster0
Jeff Jackson is awesome, @efty_wi , not sure if you're local to Louisville, but the folks at MB Louisville are fantastic. They are my local dealer and have always outperformed anyone else, I love working with them. As for the price, we bit the bullet on both sedan and SUV. Because we bought the SUV CPO, it was cheaper than the new vehicle ELW price. Reasoning is that if an inverter goes out, or a motor bearing fails, you're in for some money. Most of the stuff is easily accessible on the V295 platform, but the part costs are liable to be quite high. Chances are good they'll last a while, but you never know. If you decide not to go for ELW, best of luck, I certainly hope we won't need ours, but the peace of mind is worth it on a car that costs this much.
I was wondering ... how much was your CPO ELW?
I got the car on a super-low MF 51mo lease, with full intent to buy out at lease end. If it appears to be giving me no trouble after those first 4 1/4 first years, I could have my local dealer CPO it for me as part of the buyout (it's doable). And then, if the CPO ELW is cheaper to tack on 2yrs to, maybe that'd be a decent option ...
Old 02-27-2024, 08:12 PM

I was wondering ... how much was your CPO ELW?
I got the car on a super-low MF 51mo lease, with full intent to buy out at lease end. If it appears to be giving me no trouble after those first 4 1/4 first years, I could have my local dealer CPO it for me as part of the buyout (it's doable). And then, if the CPO ELW is cheaper to tack on 2yrs to, maybe that'd be a decent option ...
I think I paid around $5100 for our SUV to get the extra 2 year and unlimited mile ELW - longest available. The car was just 4 months old when we purchased it, so we got, if spaced out right, 5.6 years and unlimited mile coverage. The car was a former loaner with 3600 miles, so practically new.
efty_wi (02-27-2024)
Old 02-27-2024, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by bytemaster0
I think I paid around $5100 for our SUV to get the extra 2 year and unlimited mile ELW - longest available. The car was just 4 months old when we purchased it, so we got, if spaced out right, 5.6 years and unlimited mile coverage. The car was a former loaner with 3600 miles, so practically new.
Waiting for a CPO upon a lease end might end up being a decent option then. For my last vehicle that I replaced with the AMG EQE (a 2019 GT53 4-door), I was quoted $1620 (CPO warranty cost, for first year), and $500 CPO inspection cost to do the CPO conversion upon the lease buyout. Even adding a $6k to that for the extra 2 years (extrapolating from your price), would probably be reasonable, given that this would get me to 7.25yrs and unlimited miles.
bytemaster0 (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 11:21 AM

Waiting for a CPO upon a lease end might end up being a decent option then. For my last vehicle that I replaced with the AMG EQE (a 2019 GT53 4-door), I was quoted $1620 (CPO warranty cost, for first year), and $500 CPO inspection cost to do the CPO conversion upon the lease buyout. Even adding a $6k to that for the extra 2 years (extrapolating from your price), would probably be reasonable, given that this would get me to 7.25yrs and unlimited miles.
Sounds reasonable - though I'm not sure the price scales linearly. We got the longest-duration ELW, which adds on an extra 2 years to the CPO warranty, which is factory + 1 year and unlimited. So, you're right, it'd be almost 7 years and unlimited miles assuming we don't drive 40k miles in one year, which with a car like this, is very tempting to do!
Old 03-01-2024, 10:42 PM

Received 158 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
I don't think the drivetrain or battery will likely fail on these EVs. It more of the air suspension (always a MB big ticket item), the fans, the electronic sensors and modules that will fail. While the parts may not be uber expensive, the labor to install and calibrate these electronics will be inflate with inflation.