Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
EQS SUV On Tail of the Dragon

View this post on Instagram
The following 2 users liked this post by js_cls:
bonboon (04-23-2022), JoeMa (04-23-2022)
Old 04-23-2022, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
EQS Sedan and SUV Side by Side

View this post on Instagram
The following 3 users liked this post by js_cls:
bonboon (04-23-2022), JoeMa (04-23-2022), stealth.pilot (04-25-2022)
Old 04-23-2022, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 284 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
The SUV does wear the front ‘grill’ in a more attractive way compared to the sedan.
The following 2 users liked this post by JoeMa:
bonboon (04-23-2022), stealth.pilot (04-25-2022)
Old 04-23-2022, 08:35 PM

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
--
I looked for more at Killboy.com not the easiest site to navigate
Old 04-24-2022, 12:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by bonboon
I looked for more at Killboy.com not the easiest site to navigate
I don't think there are any more public photos of the EQS at Tail of the Dragon, but it does look quite good in the one shot I must say. I would honestly get the SUV over the sedan even with the drop in range/efficiency purely because I much prefer the looks (also benefits from shorter length).
The following 2 users liked this post by js_cls:
Drone_S213 (04-24-2022), JoeMa (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 06:19 AM

--
Originally Posted by js_cls
I don't think there are any more public photos of the EQS at Tail of the Dragon, but it does look quite good in the one shot I must say. I would honestly get the SUV over the sedan even with the drop in range/efficiency purely because I much prefer the looks (also benefits from shorter length).
found a few more there. like Kyle said in the video Joe ma posted, the factory has been cranking them out so maybe these are dealer demos or for press first drives

Last edited by bonboon; 04-24-2022 at 06:29 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by bonboon:
JoeMa (04-24-2022), js_cls (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Looks really good in nautical blue.
The following users liked this post:
js_cls (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
found a few more there. like Kyle said in the video Joe ma posted, the factory has been cranking them out so maybe these are dealer demos or for press first drives
Thanks for finding more pics! All three look great, I actually really like the Silver AMG-Line model, especially the wheels. Easily the best EQ model yet in my opinion.
Old 04-24-2022, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by JoeMa
Looks really good in nautical blue.
I can’t tell if that’s Nautical or Obsidian Black. The cladding blends in so much that I think it may actually be black as Nautical Blue in the sunlight is a bit more blue and has a more metallic shine.
bonboon (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 11:28 AM

--
Think it’s blue but nice regardless. Edit: think it's black. Edit: Maybe it's blue. LOL

Go here, click continue, than use the slider to sort for
More Pics all at 12:04

12:00-12:10 for example.

https://killboy.photoreflect.com/sto...f=false&page=0

Last edited by bonboon; 04-24-2022 at 01:28 PM.
js_cls (04-24-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Think it’s blue but nice regardless. Edit: think it's black. Edit: Maybe it's blue. LOL

Go here, click continue, than use the slider to sort for
More Pics all at 12:04

12:00-12:10 for example.

https://killboy.photoreflect.com/sto...f=false&page=0
Thanks for the link. Here’s a few I screenshotted.

Old 04-25-2022, 11:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 815 Likes on 523 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
The SUV does wear the front ‘grill’ in a more attractive way compared to the sedan.
100%. I wish they shaped it like that on the sedan.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
it is silly to say definitively ix over this - gotta see in flesh, drive etc.

having said that loved the ix too, so get where these guys are coming from
They are very different price points. This is probably 40k more when equipped comparably.

That said, even if there were an EQE version, I would probably pick that over an IX (and I have ordered an IX). When I showed the IX to my wife, she thought it looked and felt like an econobox. Her GLE450 costs less, but looks more expensive inside and out. The issue with the IX is they took the Tesla lead on interior quality. Lots of cheap plastics. Also the lack of center console makes it seem minivan like (which cheapens it because minivans are generally cheap.
Old 04-25-2022, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
They are very different price points. This is probably 40k more when equipped comparably.

That said, even if there were an EQE version, I would probably pick that over an IX (and I have ordered an IX). When I showed the IX to my wife, she thought it looked and felt like an econobox. Her GLE450 costs less, but looks more expensive inside and out. The issue with the IX is they took the Tesla lead on interior quality. Lots of cheap plastics. Also the lack of center console makes it seem minivan like (which cheapens it because minivans are generally cheap.
I finally got to sit in one yesterday and I agree.

I was not a fan of the interior. Granted, the model I was in had SansaTec but MB-Tex, and even Lexus NuLuxe is far superior to BMW's leatherette which has always felt very cheap to me. I would still like to try the Napa interior. I am not a fan of iDrive 8.0, which is even more annoying to me than iDrive 7.0 (6.0 will always be superior imo). But perhaps the worst aspect was the iDrive knob. I thought that this would be a benefit as I always love having a controller or touchpad, however until actually sitting in the car and using it, I realized they changed it greatly for the worst. It doesn't move! It has haptic feedback which in my opinion is not very good, as I failed to put in many different inputs, and found the system very awkward to use. There were many times I also pressed down on it for entering stuff and it didn't register, causing me to look down or to just use the touchscreen. I honestly would just prefer to use it as a touchscreen like the EQS and S-Class. While MB does a similar input for the seat controls, I am using that far less than the infotainment.

Other grievances: The climate menu is a mess, I definitely prefer the always visible climate settings of MBUX and the door mounted heated and ventilated seats. The seats in the iX were also far too couch like, BMW seats are typically better bolstered and more supportive but I found these to be too open and flat. Trunk space also seemed smaller than I imagined. No trim, just shiny gold, no wood (has to be optioned, and even then its a very small portion), the door panels also look a bit sparse, the cabin could use a touch more design. The tiny shifter also feels weird and dinky, at that point just put it on the column. No sunroof or physical sunshade, (electronic shade is not enough) I don't get why other than the EQS and Kia EV6 all EV's can't have a damn opening sunroof! The entire exterior is not my cup of tea compared to the traditionally styled EQS SUV.

Onto the good stuff: They did do the backseat better than the EQS Sedan, but I imagine the EQE and EQS SUV's will also fix that issue (or optioning the electric rear seats for the sedan). The charging port and DC plug are much more intuitive with their flaps versus the dangling one on the MB. Curved screen looks great and nice graphics. BMW has added some customizability to the gauge cluster. Other than that I'm not sure what else. I'm sure it drives fine, but it wouldn't convince me against say a comparable ICE BMW X5.
Old 04-25-2022, 12:30 PM

--
I had three minor beefs with ix interior. The cup holder, the center plastic floor mounted trim between the two front passengers, and the doors feeling a little flimsy to me when you shut them (frameless windows prob contributed to that).

As for da benz, hopefully we get a configurator to play around with soon. For now, the EQC one that's available abroad gives general sense of how EQS would look in colors x,y,z
Old 04-25-2022, 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I finally got to sit in one yesterday and I agree.

I was not a fan of the interior. Granted, the model I was in had SansaTec but MB-Tex, and even Lexus NuLuxe is far superior to BMW's leatherette which has always felt very cheap to me. I would still like to try the Napa interior. I am not a fan of iDrive 8.0, which is even more annoying to me than iDrive 7.0 (6.0 will always be superior imo). But perhaps the worst aspect was the iDrive knob. I thought that this would be a benefit as I always love having a controller or touchpad, however until actually sitting in the car and using it, I realized they changed it greatly for the worst. It doesn't move! It has haptic feedback which in my opinion is not very good, as I failed to put in many different inputs, and found the system very awkward to use. There were many times I also pressed down on it for entering stuff and it didn't register, causing me to look down or to just use the touchscreen. I honestly would just prefer to use it as a touchscreen like the EQS and S-Class. While MB does a similar input for the seat controls, I am using that far less than the infotainment.

Other grievances: The climate menu is a mess, I definitely prefer the always visible climate settings of MBUX and the door mounted heated and ventilated seats. The seats in the iX were also far too couch like, BMW seats are typically better bolstered and more supportive but I found these to be too open and flat. Trunk space also seemed smaller than I imagined. No trim, just shiny gold, no wood (has to be optioned, and even then its a very small portion), the door panels also look a bit sparse, the cabin could use a touch more design. The tiny shifter also feels weird and dinky, at that point just put it on the column. No sunroof or physical sunshade, (electronic shade is not enough) I don't get why other than the EQS and Kia EV6 all EV's can't have a damn opening sunroof! The entire exterior is not my cup of tea compared to the traditionally styled EQS SUV.

Onto the good stuff: They did do the backseat better than the EQS Sedan, but I imagine the EQE and EQS SUV's will also fix that issue (or optioning the electric rear seats for the sedan). The charging port and DC plug are much more intuitive with their flaps versus the dangling one on the MB. Curved screen looks great and nice graphics. BMW has added some customizability to the gauge cluster. Other than that I'm not sure what else. I'm sure it drives fine, but it wouldn't convince me against say a comparable ICE BMW X5.
I assume you were sitting in a demo so I was wondering why you didn't take it for a test drive. This is where the iX impressed me. The ride quality and drivability was notable IMO. If you're strictly a Benz guy, I get it. But it might be worth the time to get it a test drive. BTW, I agree with some of your observations.

Last edited by JoeMa; 04-26-2022 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
I assume you were sitting in a demo since that is just about that is currently available so I was wondering why you didn't take it for a test drive. This is where the iX impressed me. The ride quality and drivability was notable IMO. If you're strictly a Benz guy, I get it. But it might be worth the time to get it a test drive. BTW, I agree with some of your observations.
I'm sure it drives nice, but honestly I just had no interest in the vehicle so didn't want to waste a salesman's time. The wife is willing to eventually go the EV route, but she doesn't like the way the iX looks so she's waiting for the EQE and Q6 E-Tron, she likes the EQS SUV looks, although not as much as her GLE, but is still interested as its not a dealbreaker. I use to be more of BMW guy as you can see by my signature (and my father had Bimmers since the 70's), but their products as of late have just been driving me even further to Benz since I can't stand their designs, and on top of that most of them I have issues with in the drive.
Old 04-25-2022, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm sure it drives nice, but honestly I just had no interest in the vehicle so didn't want to waste a salesman's time. The wife is willing to eventually go the EV route, but she doesn't like the way the iX looks so she's waiting for the EQE and Q6 E-Tron, she likes the EQS SUV looks, although not as much as her GLE, but is still interested as its not a dealbreaker. I use to be more of BMW guy as you can see by my signature (and my father had Bimmers since the 70's), but their products as of late have just been driving me even further to Benz since I can't stand their designs, and on top of that most of them I have issues with in the drive.
I hear you and I get it. I still think it’s worth a test drive to see for yourself why so many reviewer‘s are impressed with it on the road. Even though we’re buying an iX we will be ordering an EQS 580 SUV. Hopefully it drives as well as the iX.
Old 04-26-2022, 06:11 AM

--

The following 2 users liked this post by bonboon:
JoeMa (04-26-2022), js_cls (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Great catch @bonboon

Do you know the backstory of this EQS SUV?
Old 04-26-2022, 01:00 PM

--
Great catch @bonboon

Do you know the backstory of this EQS SUV?
i do not, just some guy said he caught it in wild. looks like Michigan plates?
Old 04-26-2022, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
I hear you and I get it. I still think it’s worth a test drive to see for yourself why so many reviewer‘s are impressed with it on the road. Even though we’re buying an iX we will be ordering an EQS 580 SUV. Hopefully it drives as well as the iX.
It won't drive as well as the iX because the iX drives like a BMW, and the EQS will drive like an S-Class. One focuses on a sporty driving experience, and the other on a luxurious ride that insulates you from the driving experience. I would imagine the EQS SUV will still be enjoyable to drive like our EQS sedan is, but it won't be anything like the BMW.
Old 04-26-2022, 01:18 PM

--
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
It won't drive as well as the iX because the iX drives like a BMW, and the EQS will drive like an S-Class. One focuses on a sporty driving experience, and the other on a luxurious ride that insulates you from the driving experience. I would imagine the EQS SUV will still be enjoyable to drive like our EQS sedan is, but it won't be anything like the BMW.
ive driven one after driving an x5 to the dealer where the ix was at, and again after driving in an escalade. the ix is butter smooth and silent.
Old 04-26-2022, 01:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Our iX is to be built in early June and should be delivered in July. I'll be able to comment on the differences once some EQS SUV demos start showing up at the MB dealership.
bonboon (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 01:54 PM

--
Our iX is to be built in early June and should be delivered in July. I'll be able to comment on the differences once some EQS SUV demos start showing up at the MB dealership.
some recent eqs vs ix reviews have popped up out there, despite the vehicles seeming like an apples to oranges comparison.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...best-luxury-ev

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-re...eqs-vs-bmw-ix/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EQS SUV news and rumors