EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Light interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQS SUV 450 4matic
Light interior

Question for those who ordered light interior. I was looking to pick up a car I reserved that had the Neva Gray interior and I was quite shocked to see that the ENTIRE interior was Neva Gray (really, it was white). In my light interior GLS, the floors and any of the "carpet" areas in the trunk are black, which makes a lot of sense just for keeping it clean. I now refused my reservation and placed another reservation on a black interior. I'm not too keen on black to be honest but with having kids, I really anticipate a lot of dirt and grime. I feel like I've been quite successful in keeping my GLS clean, but that's because the areas that have a lot of contact with shoes and luggage is black.

Any thoughts from those who are looking or purchased already?
Old 10-03-2022, 06:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV

I ordered the Neva Gray/Sable brown so I will definitely buy additional floor mats in a darker color. All children grown so only adults. Mercedes thinks everything lives in a city with concrete only. Some of us live in the country with gravel roads etc.
Old 10-03-2022, 06:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
eqs suv
I ordered the neva grey and have a 14 and 6 year old for now. I ordered the floor and trunk mat all weather mat but I’m pretty lucky in that my kids are relatively clean and we don’t eat in the car. I don’t expect it to stay pristine but that’s what detailing is for. Currently have an all black interior but it’s not exactly pretty after 8 years either especially with the sunscreen stains that stubbornly refuse to come off.
Old 10-03-2022, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,585 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by Utopia Texas
I ordered the Neva Gray/Sable brown so I will definitely buy additional floor mats in a darker color. All children grown so only adults. Mercedes thinks everything lives in a city with concrete only. Some of us live in the country with gravel roads etc.
That is the EQE SUV interior in photos, the EQS SUV will have Neva Grey seats.
The following users liked this post:
BenjaminKohl (10-05-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 08:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
On the EQS SUV with the Neva Gray/Sable Brown will the Brown only be the door tops and dash? I am now confused with what you said and the pictures I was shown at the dealership. As usual folks on the forum know more than the sales folks….

Last edited by Utopia Texas; 10-03-2022 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQS SUV 450 4matic
Yes, that is what I saw at the dealership.
Old 10-03-2022, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by GrapefruitOrang
Question for those who ordered light interior. I was looking to pick up a car I reserved that had the Neva Gray interior and I was quite shocked to see that the ENTIRE interior was Neva Gray (really, it was white). In my light interior GLS, the floors and any of the "carpet" areas in the trunk are black, which makes a lot of sense just for keeping it clean. I now refused my reservation and placed another reservation on a black interior. I'm not too keen on black to be honest but with having kids, I really anticipate a lot of dirt and grime. I feel like I've been quite successful in keeping my GLS clean, but that's because the areas that have a lot of contact with shoes and luggage is black.

Any thoughts from those who are looking or purchased already?
I have this interior in my EQS sedan. I can tell you the carpets are a nightmare to keep clean. It was an idiotic design decision by Mercedes. Carpets should have been Biscaya blue. I have ordered custom blue carpets and am in the meantime using the black all weather mats.

The seats are not an issue. I had them coated with GTechniq’s leather protection coating and they hold up well. My 2 year old has smeared chocolate on my seats and it wiped right off.

on our SUV I went with the Macchiato Beige since it is a little more forgiving when it comes to dirt.

I wish they had a medium interior like saddle brown or Bengal Red.
Old 10-03-2022, 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by Utopia Texas
On the EQS SUV with the Neva Gray/Sable Brown will the Brown only be the door tops and dash? I am now confused with what you said and the pictures I was shown at the dealership. As usual folks on the forum know more than the sales folks….
Correct. The picture below I included is from an EQS 450 SUV I drove with the Neva Grey/Sable Brown interior. The picture you posted is of the EQE interior, which has a Sable Brown/Neva Grey option, same colors, but switched between the seats and accents, however the latter is not available on the EQS. The floor will also be Neva Grey, however the mats will be sable brown.

Old 10-03-2022, 10:15 PM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
EQS 450X4 SUV, Rivian R1T
I'm taking delivery of my Neva Gray 450 tomorrow. I have three kids (5, 10, 13), two dogs and live in Colorado. I'm definitely nervous about the Gray carpet, but will have the all season floor mats. I plan on scotch guarding all of the carpet this weekend to hopefully make clean up easier. I'll let you know shortly how it goes.
The following users liked this post:
GrapefruitOrang (10-03-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by js_cls
Correct. The picture below I included is from an EQS 450 SUV I drove with the Neva Grey/Sable Brown interior. The picture you posted is of the EQE interior, which has a Sable Brown/Neva Grey option, same colors, but switched between the seats and accents, however the latter is not available on the EQS. The floor will also be Neva Grey, however the mats will be sable brown.
Floor mats are brown on Sable Brown/Neva Grey. However on Biscaya Blue/Neva Grey, the floor mats are Neva Grey (i.e. white).
Old 10-04-2022, 09:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Floor mats are brown on Sable Brown/Neva Grey. However on Biscaya Blue/Neva Grey, the floor mats are Neva Grey (i.e. white).
Yes, this one was Neva Grey/Sable Brown and had dark floor mats, the carpeting of the car was white though.