EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Digital lights question before I call the service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 11:29 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
EQS
Digital lights question before I call the service

I am fairly convinced my digital lights are not functioning correctly now, I would really appreciate if someone in US with an 2023 EQS 580 can confirm few things before I take the car to the dealer:

* If you have augmented reality HUD, do you see any projections on the road like lane warning, lane change assist when you turn off the HUD or just use standard style HUD (not AR one)?
* Do you have cornering lights when you signal left/right?

Now that sun sets earlier here, I get to do more night driving and few of the functions people talked about here just doesn't seem to work on mine. Even with HUD turned off (I have AR one), I don't see any projections and there are no extra lights that come up when cornering. The only thing that happens with the digital lights is auto high beams. As far as I can tell all the options are enabled for the car and I do see the digital light welcome animation so the LED matrix is functional.

Last edited by sarhoshamiral; 10-28-2023 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-29-2023, 12:12 AM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
2022 Taycan GTS, 2023 EQS580 SUV, 2023 EQS580 sedan
I dont use my signal light but when I turn, cornering light comes up no problem.
I have digital light but not AR HUD. afaik, the feature you said doesn't enable for US model. you can coded it tho
Old 10-29-2023, 06:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
EQS 450
the feature you said doesn't enable for US model. you can coded it tho
Please post instructions for coding this feature? Will coding create a problem with the warranty?
Old 10-29-2023, 11:04 PM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
2022 Taycan GTS, 2023 EQS580 SUV, 2023 EQS580 sedan
I read it online and YouTube. but how exactly work/code, I have no clue. warranty wise, I know BMW doesn't care about coding because those features come with car but disable. unlike modify the car or tuning.

Originally Posted by DaleW
Please post instructions for coding this feature? Will coding create a problem with the warranty?
Old 10-30-2023, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
I can’t speak for the SUV but in the sedan you will not get the headlight projections if the AR HUD is enabled.
Yes there are cornering lights. I don’t see why the sedan would be any different from the SUV though.
And yes… these features are very much enabled for US model cars.
Old 10-30-2023, 09:51 AM

EQS
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
I can’t speak for the SUV but in the sedan you will not get the headlight projections if the AR HUD is enabled.
Yes there are cornering lights. I don’t see why the sedan would be any different from the SUV though.
And yes… these features are very much enabled for US model cars.
Is it just the AR HUD being enabled, I don't see projections when I use the standard HUD mode for example.

What does cornering lights look like? Is it a separate beam that shines or do the lights turn? I don't seem to notice any difference in lights when turning.

Sounds like it is time to call the service.
Old 10-30-2023, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 EQS 580
Originally Posted by sarhoshamiral
Is it just the AR HUD being enabled, I don't see projections when I use the standard HUD mode for example.

What does cornering lights look like? Is it a separate beam that shines or do the lights turn? I don't seem to notice any difference in lights when turning.

Sounds like it is time to call the service.
I will have to get back to you on that. If I have the HUD on I only use the AR HUD.
The cornering lights come on to the left or right at slow speeds and slowly fade out when the turn is complete. They do not work at high speeds, I am not sure exactly what speed but I would guess that it may only work at 25mph and below, or some speed around there.
Old 10-30-2023, 12:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
I will have to get back to you on that. If I have the HUD on I only use the AR HUD.
The cornering lights come on to the left or right at slow speeds and slowly fade out when the turn is complete. They do not work at high speeds, I am not sure exactly what speed but I would guess that it may only work at 25mph and below, or some speed around there.
Do they also turn on when you activate a turn signal at slow speeds? Back in the day, our MBs with cornering lights would use the fog lights as cornering lights. Only at slow speeds and activated via steering input or turn signals.

I don't have any of this functionality on my EQS SUV. Are you saying you do? My lights do swivel with the steering, but the "cornering light" function is absent.
Old 10-30-2023, 01:50 PM

EQS
Just to confirm, you are in US right? And what year/model do you have? I have 2023 EQS SUV 580 and don't have the cornering lights you mention at least not in a way I noticed and in fact the direction I am turning is not lit at all compared to previous cars I used which I find puzzling.

If you are in US, I also would love to see if the digital light projections work for you with standard HUD view enabled instead of AR one. I think easiest one to test would be the lane change one.
Old 10-31-2023, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2023 EQS 580
I am speaking in regards to the US sedan. The cornering lights come on when the steering wheel is turned left or right and or when the indicator is used.
Thats weird the the SUV does not have cornering lights. That seems like a such basic feature.

The digital light projections only work when the HUD is off. I tested it last night and the digital light projections stop showing when the HUD is turned on in any HUD mode.
Old 10-31-2023, 11:17 AM

EQS
I am speaking in regards to the US sedan. The cornering lights come on when the steering wheel is turned left or right and or when the indicator is used.
Thats weird the the SUV does not have cornering lights. That seems like a such basic feature.

The digital light projections only work when the HUD is off. I tested it last night and the digital light projections stop showing when the HUD is turned on in any HUD mode.
Thanks for the confirmation. I will have to test digital lights but I don't see myself ever turning HUD off otherwise so that feature is a wash For cornering lights, do they turn on for you if you are in drive mode but stopped and turn the steering wheel or only when moving? I tested the former and lights didn't change at all, testing while moving is a little more difficult though.
Old 10-31-2023, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts
BMW, Tesla, Mercedes, Porsche
So it seems like the SUV has cornering headlights (the ones that steer) but no separate cornering lights. I wonder if they can be activated if one were to unlock the full matrix capabilities
Old 10-31-2023, 02:00 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by QuadBenz
So it seems like the SUV has cornering headlights (the ones that steer) but no separate cornering lights. I wonder if they can be activated if one were to unlock the full matrix capabilities
No, cornering light is not part of the matrix headlights. You need a separate light as it is pointed in a different direction.