EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

EQE oe EQS SUV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 12:18 AM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
EQE oe EQS SUV

Hello. I am new to EVs. Actually to considering them. I have 2 AMG vehicles that go back soon. One this month and one in 2 months. I leased each for 48 months back in 2020. To say I have experienced sticker shock now that I am looking for a new car is an understatement. It’s crazy how much prices have gone up. Funny enough, the lease prices I heard about on EVs is so much better than regular gas cars which I prefer. I am now seriously considering EQE AMG or EQS. I’ve are coming out of a GLC and I find it to be a bit small. Is the EQE larger than GLC or should I just look at EQS. I have ‘t had time to go check em out in person yet but plan on doing so soon. Thank You.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:15 AM

Received 336 Likes on 210 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by ntwillie1
Hello. I am new to EVs. Actually to considering them. I have 2 AMG vehicles that go back soon. One this month and one in 2 months. I leased each for 48 months back in 2020. To say I have experienced sticker shock now that I am looking for a new car is an understatement. It’s crazy how much prices have gone up. Funny enough, the lease prices I heard about on EVs is so much better than regular gas cars which I prefer. I am now seriously considering EQE AMG or EQS. I’ve are coming out of a GLC and I find it to be a bit small. Is the EQE larger than GLC or should I just look at EQS. I have ‘t had time to go check em out in person yet but plan on doing so soon. Thank You.
Have you driven the EQE AMG or EQS? Most of us here are EV enthusiasts, so are perhaps biased, but imho it is not even close regarding a gas powered MB or an EV. I own or have driven all the cars you are talking about. Unless you have need to be on the road constantly and have terrible charging infrastructure, you are going to love an EQE AMG or EQS. The deals right now on MB ev's are awesome--particularly if you buy a very slightly used one (I bought one w/ 1100 miles and one with 2300 miles). Regarding size, I had a long term loaner EQE SUV (broken MB ice car), and liked it a lot. Because the back is not squared off like my EQB, it is slightly less practical in terms of hauling stuff. Same goes for the EQS, even thought the dimension are bigger. But if you are concerned about size, go with the EQS.
The following users liked this post:
LAZARU5 (02-03-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 09:56 AM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Originally Posted by nath_h
Have you driven the EQE AMG or EQS? Most of us here are EV enthusiasts, so are perhaps biased, but imho it is not even close regarding a gas powered MB or an EV. I own or have driven all the cars you are talking about. Unless you have need to be on the road constantly and have terrible charging infrastructure, you are going to love an EQE AMG or EQS. The deals right now on MB ev's are awesome--particularly if you buy a very slightly used one (I bought one w/ 1100 miles and one with 2300 miles). Regarding size, I had a long term loaner EQE SUV (broken MB ice car), and liked it a lot. Because the back is not squared off like my EQB, it is slightly less practical in terms of hauling stuff. Same goes for the EQS, even thought the dimension are bigger. But if you are concerned about size, go with the EQS.
hello. I have never driven an ev before. I have driven Mercedes for the past 8 years and know I want to stay in one. Im in the NY tristate area and would get a level 2 charger at home so i think i’d be ok. I plan on test driving eqe and eqs within the next 2 weeks. For now i am watching s lot of review videos. I really prefer the eqe but hope it isnt too small.
Old 02-03-2024, 12:50 PM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
2022 Taycan GTS, 2023 EQS580 SUV, 2023 EQS580 sedan
currently 23 EQE SUV has better software and hardware (heat bump and front axle disconnect unit) than 2023 EQS SUV
I would take EQE AMG SUV with hyper screen vs 23 EQS SUV, or if you can get 24 EQS suv which has updated hardware too (heat bump and front axle disconnect unit),

someone on FB said he just change from 22 EQE 350+ sedan (not heat bump and FAD) to 24 EQE 350 4matic sedan (with heat bump and FAD).
he said no big difference only 10% increase of range.
this is actually a lot because 350+ is single motor, 350 4matic is dual motors, which normally 10% less range
but instead he gets 10% range increases. so that way we can say heat bump and front axle disconnect unit increase about 20% during winter.
ntwillie1 (02-03-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 388 Likes on 264 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
If you want range then EQS/EQE sedan. Performance AMG variant. EQS SUV is more about rear seat passengers and EQE SUV makes for a better cargo hauler. The cargo cover that came with my EQE 500 SUV was removed day one and the back seats stay folded down 99% of the time:

Old 02-03-2024, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 781 Likes on 501 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580

The EQE is significantly larger than a GLC but not quite as big as a GLE. It's pretty close to a GLE though. The EQS is bigger than a GLE.

Both would be a better driving experience than the AMGs that you have in terms of acceleration and power delivery. I was driving back from my parents house this evening and there was an M4 Competition driving near me. When a gap in the traffic opened up, you could tell he was nowhere near as quick to go for it as I was with the EQS580 sedan. He was mostly playing catch up and making a lot of noise.

The comparison between an AMG or 580 EV and an ICE AMG is a bit like this scene from Indiana Jones. The iCE may have more theatrics but it is an outdated weapon.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 02-03-2024 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-04-2024, 06:00 AM

Received 336 Likes on 210 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
hello. I have never driven an ev before. I have driven Mercedes for the past 8 years and know I want to stay in one. Im in the NY tristate area and would get a level 2 charger at home so i think i’d be ok. I plan on test driving eqe and eqs within the next 2 weeks. For now i am watching s lot of review videos. I really prefer the eqe but hope it isnt too small.
You are in for a treat. If it's your first time driving a high end EV, you are in for a pleasant surprise, and the difference is hard to unsee. My wife called me a few weeks back driving a brand new loaner GLC just to tell me how lame it was. And, I took out my dad's loaner M3 a couple years back--I felt sorry for whoever plunked down $110,000 for that car. Of course, personal preferences vary, but my hunch is you are going to be wowed.
Old 02-05-2024, 09:40 AM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
2023 EQS 580 4Matic SUV
The EQS580 is my first EV, first few months I had to get use to the brake pedal moving on its own and parking. for some damn reason I can't park this thing straight. the front always more to the right.
Overall driving the EQS 580 put a smile on face.
Old 02-05-2024, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQS580
EQS 580 EV

Bought our EQS580 EV in July of last year, here in Maine. Am very happy with most everything that's important. The seat covers on the front seats are a disappointment given the quality of everything else on and in the vehicle. At most we drive 120 miles from home so don't have the range anxiety many do. In July on a full 90% charge we'd have at most 340 miles, here in January and February a full 90% charge is 190-200 miles. Again not an issue for us and with home charging, it's always topped off. Conditioning while plugged in doesn't drain the battery as much. The weight of the vehicle has made winter driving easy. Used the off-road setting a couple times after a snow storm and roads were plowed. No issues. Sticker price last July was far different than I'm sure what it is now. The free charging promised is only available in certain areas, south of Portland Maine. Very pleased with the vehicle. Not a single visit to a garage or dealer yet. 1st service is 20,000 miles.
Old 02-16-2024, 07:16 PM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
So I went out this morning and test drove the EQE AMG. It was very nice and my wife loved it. A little bigger than our current glc so that was nice. We didnt drive the regular eqe but wouldnt go for that one anyway. We did want to drive an eqs580 but they didnt have any so we had to check out a 450. After checking out both an EQE AMG and an EQS 580 I think I’m leaning towards the 580 even though I didn’t drive it. The interior is excellent. The only thing we didn’t like were the RWO wheels and the front grill. The AMG grill looks so much better. The pricing on the 580, although 140k compared to the EQS at 125k, surprisingly works out to a better lease deal. If I can find a 580 in alpine gray I will get that one for my wife. I read somewhere the covere can be removed from that wheel to give it the true 5 spoke look.
Old 02-16-2024, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The AMG grille looks much better. I personally think AMG wheels are ridiculous though. They even had to reduce the rear-wheel steering down to 9 degrees to accommodate them. Tight turning radius for zigging and zagging in parking lots is another reason I chose the EQE SUV over an EQS SUV.. that and with Pinnacle trim I got everything the 580 has other than the hyperscreen and AR HUD, which didn't seem worth the extra money to me. You get more yacht wood without the hyperscreen too.

Last edited by Crito; 02-16-2024 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 401 Likes on 281 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
The EQE SUV is a nice vehicle for sure but it's noticeably smaller than the EQS SUV in several key areas. There is less 2nd row leg room and a lot less space in the rear cargo area. No 3rd row option. And the door trim in the EQS comes with real wood trim instead of metal. The Hyperscreen IMO it is a better looking dash compared to the iPad and smaller center screen but that's just my preference. The MY24 EQS SUV 450 and 580 both get the Hyperscreen standard which is what MB should have done for the MY23's. Maybe they delayed that decision due to supply-chain shortages. I recently tested a 2024 EQE AMG SUV that included a Hyperscreen and overall, it was a really nice SUV, just a bit too small compared to our larger EQS 580 SUV. But it's always good to have options. No such thing as a one-size-fits-all vehicle.
Old 02-17-2024, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Waze definitely looks better on the center screen of the hyperscreen. It just drives me nuts paying for stuff that'll never get used, like screens for the passenger and rear seat occupants.

There's a 2024 AMG EQE SUV in that Alpine Gray color near me that's tempting though. Dont usually go for grey but this one is lighter than most and definitely doesn't look like primer. The wheels are hideous though IMHO:

Old 02-17-2024, 10:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Crito
Waze definitely looks better on the center screen of the hyperscreen. It just drives me nuts paying for stuff that'll never get used, like screens for the passenger and rear seat occupants.

There's a 2024 AMG EQE SUV in that Alpine Gray color near me that's tempting though. Dont usually go for grey but this one is lighter than most and definitely doesn't look like primer. The wheels are hideous though IMHO:
I like it Alpine Gray and those wheels are great looking!
The following 2 users liked this post by JoeMa:
Drone_S213 (02-17-2024), ntwillie1 (02-17-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you buy it, we could trade wheels and tires. These new all-season tires the dealership installed about 4,000 miles ago. The tires in this picture are the original summer tires which wore out quickly.

Old 02-17-2024, 03:55 PM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
Originally Posted by JoeMa
I like it Alpine Gray and those wheels are great looking!
i agree. That color and those wheels look really great.
Old 03-08-2024, 10:45 PM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
I went to the dealership last week to drop off my lease and test drove an EQS 450 as they didn’t have any 580s. We really liked the size and drive. After coming home and mulling it over a bit we pulled the trigger. I’ll be picking up our new 580 SUV w the wheels and color we wanted tomorrow. The car comes from a thousand miles away. Pretty excited and nervous at the same time. It’s our first electric and I held off as long as we could. We got the Alpine Grey w macchiato interior and yacht something wood. Its optioned out except for 3rd row and rear entertainment system as we did not want those options. MB is also now including a charge point home flex charging unit and 2 years of electrify America. I will park the car outside in the driveway as the garage is reserved for my wife's 2024 GTR and my 05 supercharged Z. Plus I didn’t want an electric car inside the house due to the fire some people have reported on electric cars. Don’t flame me (pun), lol.
Old 03-09-2024, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I went to the dealership last week to drop off my lease and test drove an EQS 450 as they didn’t have any 580s. We really liked the size and drive. After coming home and mulling it over a bit we pulled the trigger. I’ll be picking up our new 580 SUV w the wheels and color we wanted tomorrow. The car comes from a thousand miles away. Pretty excited and nervous at the same time. It’s our first electric and I held off as long as we could. We got the Alpine Grey w macchiato interior and yacht something wood. Its optioned out except for 3rd row and rear entertainment system as we did not want those options. MB is also now including a charge point home flex charging unit and 2 years of electrify America. I will park the car outside in the driveway as the garage is reserved for my wife's 2024 GTR and my 05 supercharged Z. Plus I didn’t want an electric car inside the house due to the fire some people have reported on electric cars. Don’t flame me (pun), lol.
Congratulations. I really like it in Alpine Gray.
ntwillie1 (03-09-2024)
Old 03-09-2024, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 983 Likes on 719 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
If you buy it, we could trade wheels and tires. These new all-season tires the dealership installed about 4,000 miles ago. The tires in this picture are the original summer tires which wore out quickly.

I like your wheels much better.
JoeMa (03-10-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 11:16 AM

07 TL, 05 350z, 08 MDX
So far so good. Had the car for a few days and its really impressive. I will say that EV life will take a little getting used to and definitely a lot of planning. I wanted to experiment w/ charging so i went to my local mall and they only had EVgo. After fiddling around for a bit and figuring things out, i paid $15 for 15 min of charging. That was quite the shock. My closest Electrify America station is about 20 miles away so not exactly convenient. I tried the level 1 home charger and it only charges at like 1.1KW an hour so thats like 6 miles a night. That was rough. I have my Level 2 charger getting installed once it arrives so definitely looking forward to that. Waiting for permits to get pulled and for the unit to arrive.

Here's a pic of the car.

Old 03-14-2024, 11:20 AM

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Looks sharp!
Old 03-15-2024, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I have my Level 2 charger getting installed once it arrives so definitely looking forward to that. Waiting for permits to get pulled and for the unit to arrive.
Once you have the level 2 charger installed, you’ll have no need to go to the public chargers unless you’re traveling out of town. You’ll be able to charge from 20% to 80% overnight.
Old 03-15-2024, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wanted to experiment w/ charging so i went to my local mall and they only had EVgo. After fiddling around for a bit and figuring things out, i paid $15 for 15 min of charging. That was quite the shock.
The EVGo chargers at Menlo Park Mall? Becuse just down the road at Woodbridge Center there are FREE level 2 Volta chargers. Not as fast but FREE GAS!!!
icwhatudidthere (03-16-2024)
Old 03-16-2024, 02:27 PM

Received 145 Likes on 111 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
Once you have the level 2 charger installed, you’ll have no need to go to the public chargers unless you’re traveling out of town. You’ll be able to charge from 20% to 80% overnight.
I will start using my home charger when my 2 years of free charging are up. I installed a ChargePoint flex in my garage and haven’t used it yet, nearly a year has gone by. I have 2 EA chargers within 20 minutes of me which I travel by frequently so are convenient for me to charge up without hassle. After paying top dollar for my car, I have to get something back in return. Lol.