N/A
Post 2022 EQS Sedan Order Guide

Find attached.

Last updated: 4/1/2022

Click here for the AMG version.
Attached Files

Last edited by Eaton; 04-01-2022 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Updated PDF
The following 3 users liked this post by Eaton:
js_cls (04-20-2021), paladin732 (05-11-2021), syswei (04-20-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by Eaton
Attached
Thanks. I specced mine out. 580, Magno Selenite Grey, Neva Nappa interior, yacht style brown wood, AMg Exterior, 22" wheels, Advanced Package, AR HUD, winter package, energizing comfort package, 10 degree steering, dashcam, upgraded glass.

Weird you can't have MBUX interior assistant with grey leather. I assume this is purely the gesture feature and the MBUX voice assistant will still be there.

BTW I don't see a black window trim package. or Night package. Is it not possible to delete the chrome trim?
Old 04-20-2021, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
It will be interesting to see when dealerships actually have units on the showroom floor here in the US and initially how many will be allocated per dealership.
Old 04-20-2021, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 990 Likes on 580 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Weird you can't have MBUX interior assistant with grey leather. I assume this is purely the gesture feature and the MBUX voice assistant will still be there.
Maybe it didn't color match. Yes, interior assist is just gesture controls.

Originally Posted by Utopia Texas
It will be interesting to see when dealerships actually have units on the showroom floor here in the US and initially how many will be allocated per dealership.
At least people here won't have to worry about the "ugly" two-tone paint since there will only be 50 ED1s.
Old 04-20-2021, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by Eaton
Maybe it didn't color match. Yes, interior assist is just gesture controls.

At least people here won't have to worry about the "ugly" two-tone paint since there will only be 50 ED1s.
That's a plus for the gray interior then. I hate the gesture controls on my GLE.

Agree about two-tone. But the blue edition 1 looks great. I would consider that were it not for the chrome.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Thanks for sharing it!
Old 04-20-2021, 11:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
taycan turbo
Thanks. I specced mine out. 580, Magno Selenite Grey, Neva Nappa interior, yacht style brown wood, AMg Exterior, 22" wheels, Advanced Package, AR HUD, winter package, energizing comfort package, 10 degree steering, dashcam, upgraded glass.

BTW I don't see a black window trim package. or Night package. Is it not possible to delete the chrome trim?
I'm guessing that the module that handles it is black.

Anyone know if "edition one" vehicles hold their value any differently? Given the small run I can't tell if they will or not.

I kinda want the edition one twilight blue. Not sure how difficult it would be for my dealer to get and/or if it holds value any better.

Last edited by paladin732; 04-21-2021 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-21-2021, 10:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by paladin732
I'm guessing that the module that handles it is black.

Anyone know if "edition one" vehicles hold their value any differently? Given the small run I can't tell if they will or not.

I kinda want thw edition one twilight blue. Not sure how difficult it would be for my dealer to get and/or if it holds value any better.
This depends on how exclusive they are. I think the two-tone edition 1 will hold value well. I think the blue one is too close to a production configuration to hold its value better than other models. Nonetheless, I do think they will be good.
Old 04-21-2021, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
I submitted my order this morning.

EQS 580V4
DY1
RWY
R01
H39+697
DG1
DB0
P53
PBS
21U
The following 2 users liked this post by stealth.pilot:
eqs (10-01-2021), MBNUT1 (04-21-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 12:05 PM

taycan turbo

EQS 580V4
DY1
RWY
R01
H39+697
DG1
DB0
P53
PBS
21U
Yours is pretty close to mine.

I've asked dealer to do Edition 1 twilight blue if possible, if not:580v4(580)
dy1(advanced)
595 (nautical)
18R M0 (10-Spoke Wheels with Energy Blue Metallic Accents )
509 (grey/blue nappa leather)
h12+798 (walnut wood)
pbs (energizing comfort)
216 (10-degree rear)
443 (heated steering wheel)
21U (dash cam)
445 (upgraded HUD)
596 (guard360 noise glass)
The following users liked this post:
avilent (04-28-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 02:23 PM

Received 106 Likes on 82 Posts
2015 S550, 2017 GLS450
Sad our American politicians can’t get their act together regarding autonomous level 3 laws. It would be nice if the hardware for this came standard or were easily installed after delivery.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Yours is pretty close to mine.
I've asked dealer to do Edition 1 twilight blue if possible, if not:580v4(580)
dy1(advanced)
595 (nautical)
18R M0 (10-Spoke Wheels with Energy Blue Metallic Accents )
509 (grey/blue nappa leather)
h12+798 (walnut wood)
pbs (energizing comfort)
216 (10-degree rear)
443 (heated steering wheel)
21U (dash cam)
445 (upgraded HUD)
596 (guard360 noise glass)
Looks good. Maybe I should also request the Blue Ed 1. I like that one but I don't like the chrome. Not sure how to get rid of chrome. Also don't know if my build will have chrome or not. I assumed the AMG exterior kills the chrome except on Ed 1.
Old 04-21-2021, 05:03 PM

taycan turbo
Looks good. Maybe I should also request the Blue Ed 1. I like that one but I don't like the chrome. Not sure how to get rid of chrome. Also don't know if my build will have chrome or not. I assumed the AMG exterior kills the chrome except on Ed 1.
Several of the dealers near me want an insane markup on it, 50K for the blue and 100K for the two-tone... On top of whatever premium will be in MSRP for getting one of them. I've told those dealers absolutely no, and if I can't find one willing to do MSRP, I'll just do a regular 580(all dealers by me are either trying to charge premium on this one also, or willing to go MSRP, no one will go below ).

I've only found one dealer willing to do MSRP for the Edition 1, and they are smaller, so they may not be able to get it. (I'm not sure how allocation works for cars like this?)
Old 04-22-2021, 03:43 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2017 S550, 2017 C63S, 2019 Raptor
Several of the dealers near me want an insane markup on it, 50K for the blue and 100K for the two-tone... On top of whatever premium will be in MSRP for getting one of them. I've told those dealers absolutely no, and if I can't find one willing to do MSRP, I'll just do a regular 580(all dealers by me are either trying to charge premium on this one also, or willing to go MSRP, no one will go below ).

I've only found one dealer willing to do MSRP for the Edition 1, and they are smaller, so they may not be able to get it. (I'm not sure how allocation works for cars like this?)
I won’t go over MSRP either I’ll wait as I don’t need a new car just want a. EQS. I waited this nonsense out for my Raptor abs I’ll do it for this too.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:22 PM

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Jaguar XKRS, Audi S8, Chevrolet Z06, Tesla Model S, Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by zer0t
I won’t go over MSRP either I’ll wait as I don’t need a new car just want a. EQS. I waited this nonsense out for my Raptor abs I’ll do it for this too.
For new cars I will typically grab a pdf of my desired build from the MB site and send an email to several dealerships (all on the same email), including the build sheet, asking for their best price. Some will initially say that nobody will sell me the vehicle for less than 10-20% over MSRP. Some are not willing to talk price unless you come in to the dealership first. I only need one to provide a better price and then I go back to a local dealer with that price. In the past it worked for a Corvette Z06, Nisan GTR, and an AUDI S8. The Audi dealership that originally told me that no one would sell me the car for less than MSRP, end up matching a 600 over invoice deal I received from an out of state dealer. Although this tactic didn't work for my S63 AMG Coupe (all the local dealers quoted prices above MSRP, but I got a great deal from a dealership in Arkansas and had it shipped to me. Even with shipping, it was still a better deal than the prices I was quoted by the others.

This is actually the type of vehicle purchase I enjoy the most. Since you are not worried about buying a particular vehicle in a particular dealer's showroom, each dealership knows the only advantage they could have over the others would be the price. And I'm willing to wait for an allocation window. Also if you are in a hurry and are worried about allocation, you can google the largest MB dealers in the US and only send emails to them. The dealerships with the most sales typically get the most allocations. By the way, has anyone found a top 10 list? Also, for those who have already placed an order, did your dealer give you any indication on price or delivery time frame?
Old 04-22-2021, 10:45 PM

taycan turbo
Originally Posted by bnzvett
For new cars I will typically grab a pdf of my desired build from the MB site and send an email to several dealerships (all on the same email), including the build sheet, asking for their best price. Some will initially say that nobody will sell me the vehicle for less than 10-20% over MSRP. Some are not willing to talk price unless you come in to the dealership first. I only need one to provide a better price and then I go back to a local dealer with that price. In the past it worked for a Corvette Z06, Nisan GTR, and an AUDI S8. The Audi dealership that originally told me that no one would sell me the car for less than MSRP, end up matching a 600 over invoice deal I received from an out of state dealer. Although this tactic didn't work for my S63 AMG Coupe (all the local dealers quoted prices above MSRP, but I got a great deal from a dealership in Arkansas and had it shipped to me. Even with shipping, it was still a better deal than the prices I was quoted by the others.

This is actually the type of vehicle purchase I enjoy the most. Since you are not worried about buying a particular vehicle in a particular dealer's showroom, each dealership knows the only advantage they could have over the others would be the price. And I'm willing to wait for an allocation window. Also if you are in a hurry and are worried about allocation, you can google the largest MB dealers in the US and only send emails to them. The dealerships with the most sales typically get the most allocations. By the way, has anyone found a top 10 list? Also, for those who have already placed an order, did your dealer give you any indication on price or delivery time frame?
How difficult is dealing with registration when doing it that way?

For something like the EQS would you wait for pricing or just start now?
Old 04-22-2021, 11:53 PM

When I had the cars shipped, I just took my paperwork to the DMV and registered it. Two things to worry about; taxes and proof of payment. Had to write a check for vehicle taxes to the DMV. Also I had a hard time proving to the DMV person that I paid cash for the vehicle. They needed to know that to determine how to title the vehicle. So make sure if you fully pay for the vehicle you have something that says the vehicle is paid in full by you so they don't try to add a lien holder to the title.

I will wait for pricing on the EQS. The dealers probably do not know their allocation, especially given the chip situation. They also probably have no idea what they will charge at this point (MSRP or add a markup). Although, when I bought the Z06 from Kerbeck in New Jersey, they promised to sell the vehicle for MSRP and were taking deposits before the pricing was announced (but they are the largest corvette dealership in the US so they new they would have a large allocation). Actually the vehicle had been produced and shipped to the dealership before the full price was known. The issue was that since I bought the car during the first model year of the C7 Z06 in 2015 and got one of the first allocations, the EPA had not completed the determination of whether the automatic would require a gas guzzler tax (due to allocation issues, manuals were produced and shipped first). So the car was shipped from Kentucky to New Jersey and sat there until the EPA made its determination and then I wired the funds and it was shipped to me.

I also understand that some dealers allow courtesy deliveries. You order/buy the vehicle through one dealership and it is shipped directly from the manufacture to another dealer of your choice for a small fee (a couple hundred bucks). That second dealership has to agree to accept it and some will not. My local corvette dealership refused to do it for my Z06.

If you pick one of the major dealers, you will find that they have customers from all over and they are very good at remote transactions and vehicle shipping.
Old 04-23-2021, 09:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 249 Likes on 158 Posts
2023 EQS 580
I don’t see an option for the level 3 cruise control. Is that included in the driver assistance or will it not be available at launch?
Old 04-23-2021, 10:20 AM

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts
2023 S Class 2013 SL
I am VERY enthusiastic about the EQS. It's the future, it's luxe, it' spacious, it's groundbreaking. I got it. I got it. BUT, as I was ordering an Edition One I remembered the need for recharging. If I go to the beach, there are no recharge stations. Yes, there may be stations in metropolitan areas 4-6 hours but, MB has not mentioned one word of who/what they intend to work with on this problem. Again, I think the EQS is wonderful but, until there are rapid recharge stations as ubiquitous as fuel stations then, reluctantly it's the 223 for me.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:25 AM

taycan turbo
Originally Posted by docsout
I am VERY enthusiastic about the EQS. It's the future, it's luxe, it' spacious, it's groundbreaking. I got it. I got it. BUT, as I was ordering an Edition One I remembered the need for recharging. If I go to the beach, there are no recharge stations. Yes, there may be stations in metropolitan areas 4-6 hours but, MB has not mentioned one word of who/what they intend to work with on this problem. Again, I think the EQS is wonderful but, until there are rapid recharge stations as ubiquitous as fuel stations then, reluctantly it's the 223 for me.
It is very dependent on where you are now.
Here in CA, that is not a concern at all. There are chargers everywhere.

Goto Electrify America's website to see where chargers are near you for the "official" partnered provider (All these manufacturers aside from Tesla partner with EA in US and Ionity in Europe). Also goto plugshare.com to see where Chargepoint and other providers are near you.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:27 AM

taycan turbo
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
I don’t see an option for the level 3 cruise control. Is that included in the driver assistance or will it not be available at launch?
I think that is a Germany only option for right now and most likely won't be offered in US for quite some time.

My big question is how advanced in the Level 2 cruise control. GM SuperCruise, Autopilot, and the rest are all level 2 right now. However there is a huge variety in quality of L2. GM Supercruise and Autopilot are both great(Had in our old Model s and Model 3), Porsche's ones is absolute trash (we have it in our Taycan)
Old 04-23-2021, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 447 Likes on 357 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500

It looks like MBUSA is going to base allocation on the level of EQ readiness of each dealership.
There will be two levels. This is based on how much EQ infrastructure improvements a dealer is willing to do.
Also, expect the vast majority of these cars to be allocated to the CARB states. At least initially.
Old 04-23-2021, 04:35 PM

taycan turbo
Originally Posted by mercedesmax
It looks like MBUSA is going to base allocation on the level of EQ readiness of each dealership.
There will be two levels. This is based on how much EQ infrastructure improvements a dealer is willing to do.
Also, expect the vast majority of these cars to be allocated to the CARB states. At least initially.
That seems reasonable.

I'm in CA, so I would expect many dealers willing to put in what is needed for EQ.

My dealer let me know prior year s-class sales will also factor in according to their mb rep.

I'm wondering when this will be assigned and allocations given and whatnot.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 447 Likes on 357 Posts
2015 CLS 550 2015 ML 400 Previous 2020 GLB 250 2019 A 220 2005 ML 350 1989 300 E 2001 SL 500
That seems reasonable.

I'm in CA, so I would expect many dealers willing to put in what is needed for EQ.

My dealer let me know prior year s-class sales will also factor in according to their mb rep.

I'm wondering when this will be assigned and allocations given and whatnot.
Hopefully we will get allocation starting in the next month or two.
Old 04-23-2021, 05:19 PM

EQS 580V4
DY1
RWY
R01
H39+697
DG1
DB0
P53
PBS
21U
Hey, did your dealer mention if the MBUX Interior Assistant is part of any of the Trim options (Advanced or Executive) or just another separate option ? You would think that since it has been such a huge advertisement talking point that it would come standard. Also do you know if you have to get the Executive Trim or the Executive Rear Seat Package to get the rear MBUX screens. I would like the rear screens, but don't care about rear seat heating/cooling or massage. I'm assuming that your dealer understood and was able to discuss all the options with you before you placed your order, is that an incorrect assumption? I know from personal experience that sometime forum members are better educated about new vehicle options than the dealerships.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2022 EQS Sedan Order Guide