Question for those wh have received their EQS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,122 Likes on 734 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Question for those wh have received their EQS

There is supposed to be a 12v (cigarette lighter) plug below and behind the left side of the glove box. Has anyone seen it? Could you take a look? Thanks!
Old 04-07-2022, 12:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS450+
Yes, it is there but cleverly hidden.
Old 04-07-2022, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Thank you! Now, for how to worm the detector cable around🤔
Old 04-07-2022, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 853 Likes on 547 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
@c4004matic What is estimated time from production to delivery? My Matte Grey EQS580 has a build date of May 3.
Old 04-07-2022, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Varies particularly at present. Im hoping for broadly around a month. Some cars are spending a month at the so called vehicle processing center at Baltimore. In summary God only knows. I'm hoping early May delivery at the dealer.
Old 04-07-2022, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 216 Posts
2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by c4004matic
Varies particularly at present. Im hoping for broadly around a month. Some cars are spending a month at the so called vehicle processing center at Baltimore. In summary God only knows. I'm hoping early May delivery at the dealer.
My 580 arrived at the VPC in Baltimore last Saturday. No word yet for shipment to the dealer but the general manager at my dealer told me that the time spent at the VPC is a lot less than it use to be since most of the prep work is now done at a factory near the port in Germany. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,001 Likes on 2,666 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by AppleFan1
My 580 arrived at the VPC in Baltimore last Saturday. No word yet for shipment to the dealer but the general manager at my dealer told me that the time spent at the VPC is a lot less than it use to be since most of the prep work is now done at a factory near the port in Germany. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I'm not sure about that. The EQS is produced in Sindelfingen, which is not near the port at all. Sindelfingen is in Southern Germany near the Stuttgart HQ. The cars are shipped from Bremerhaven, which is all the way in the north. Mercedes has a factory in Bremen. Bremerhaven is the port city of Bremen, and they are right next to each other. Not sure what prep work they would do at the Bremen factory, that they couldn't do at the Sindelfingen factory. Perhaps they are doing a final inspection of the electric components in Bremen, before releasing it to the port. Especially in light of the Felicity Ace fire which was greatly complicated by all the EVs with lithium batteries on it. This catastrophe will likely have consequences for the shipping of EVs moving forward. Shippers are already refusing to ship used EVs in response to the fire.

VPC times can vary a lot depending on the individual car. If the car sustained damage during shipping, which regularly occurs, then it'll spend more time at the VPC to restore it to factory conditions. MB says on average it takes 10 to 20 business days to go through the VPC process. That was even the case before the EQS. For reference, my '19 C63S took around 20 days, but I did European Delivery and had sustained some minor damage while driving in Europe, which the VPC repaired. They also filled the holes from the front license plate and restored everything to factory condition, so I guess mine was at the longer end of the process due to all that body work, but gives you an idea. Cars that spend a lot of time at the VPC typically arrived damaged, or need an update or part that wasn't ready yet when it left the factory, except at the beginning of a new model year they are held up until they are officially signed off by the EPA and legal to sell, so if you order early then VPC times can be quite long as you have to wait until they get officially released. Once officially released, the times at the VPC will be a lot shorter for subsequent shipments.

There's also a trucker shortage at the moment that you might have heard about, so while the car could be done at the VPC it might have to wait quite a bit before it is picked up by the next available transport.

Last edited by superswiss; 04-07-2022 at 05:06 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by superswiss:
AppleFan1 (04-07-2022), CincyMBGuy (04-08-2022)
Old 04-07-2022, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by superswiss
I'm not sure about that. The EQS is produced in Sindelfingen, which is not near the port at all. Sindelfingen is in Southern Germany near the Stuttgart HQ. The cars are shipped from Bremerhaven, which is all the way in the north. Mercedes has a factory in Bremen. Bremerhaven is the port city of Bremen, and they are right next to each other. Not sure what prep work they would do at the Bremen factory, that they couldn't do at the Sindelfingen factory. Perhaps they are doing a final inspection of the electric components in Bremen, before releasing it to the port. Especially in light of the Felicity Ace fire which was greatly complicated by all the EVs with lithium batteries on it. This catastrophe will likely have consequences for the shipping of EVs moving forward. Shippers are already refusing to ship used EVs in response to the fire.

VPC times can vary a lot depending on the individual car. If the car sustained damage during shipping, which regularly occurs, then it'll spend more time at the VPC to restore it to factory conditions. MB says on average it takes 10 to 20 days to go through the VPC process. That was even the case for the EQS. For reference, my '19 C63S took around 20 days, but I did European Delivery and had sustained some minor damage while driving in Europe, which the VPC repaired. They also filled the holes from the front license plate and restored everything to factory condition, so I guess mine was at the longer end of the process due to all that body work, but gives you an idea. Cars that spend a lot of time at the VPC typically arrived damaged, or need an update or part that wasn't ready yet when it left the factory, except at the beginning of a new model year they are held up until they are officially signed off by the EPA and legal to sell, so if you order early then VPC times can be quite long as you have to wait until they get officially released. Once officially released, the times at the VPC will be a lot shorter for subsequent shipments.

There's also a trucker shortage at the moment that you might have heard about, so while the car could be done at the VPC it might have to wait quite a bit before it is picked up by the next available transport.
Thank you so much for all this valuable information. By the way, I changed my user name from BeanTrader to AppleFan1 a couple hours ago. I haven't traded soybean futures in quite a few years. It's much less stressful to trade stocks. I love Apple devices and services.
Old 04-07-2022, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 853 Likes on 547 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
That timeframe would be amazing. My car will be processed through Brunswick which is usually less backed up than Baltimore.

I also have a BMW IX with a build date of May 13. So will be interesting to see which car arrives first.
Old 04-07-2022, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by AppleFan1
Me too!
Old 04-07-2022, 07:18 PM

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
2022 EQS 450
I am not being "Debbie Downer" but my car was 5 months from production to delivery.
Old 04-07-2022, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by wings1969
I am not being "Debbie Downer" but my car was 5 months from production to delivery.
Im going on my sixth😭
Old 04-07-2022, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Im going on my sixth😭
My car was produced in early February but it was in production since late October I believe.
Old 04-08-2022, 11:17 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
200E320,2006CLS500,20102015 S550 4 matic,Panamera,1991 porsche 964
June production

Dealer told me for his Dealership in Michigan, he received 3 EQS's and the next one is mine with a production date of June.Pushed from April.ordered in October.!!Does not know exact date .I wanted Family who live in Stuttgart to vist when being built[if possible]
Old 04-08-2022, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by jayagopal50
Dealer told me for his Dealership in Michigan, he received 3 EQS's and the next one is mine with a production date of June.Pushed from April.ordered in October.!!Does not know exact date .I wanted Family who live in Stuttgart to vist when being built[if possible]
They offer tours at the Sindelfingen factory, but you can't get close to the production lines on those. To visit the actual production of one's vehicle you need to have contacts. AMG offers an exclusive tour at the Sindelfingen factory for AMG Private Lounge members and current AMG owners, but doesn't include the EQS line. I'm actually gonna be there end of June and in the process of booking the AMG tour. I've done the regular Sindelfingen tour, which was ok, and I have done the private tour at the AMG Affalterbach factory for current AMG owners. That one was great. Private guide and you get to see the engine assembly close up and meet the engine builders. Unfortunately, the one who built my engine works the nightshift, so he wasn't there, but that would have been awesome to meet the actual person who built my engine.
Old 04-08-2022, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 299 Likes on 250 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by superswiss
They offer tours at the Sindelfingen factory, but you can't get close to the production lines on those.
Is this the situation today? When I visited Sindelfingen to collect my V222, we had a group of people collecting their S-class and we did walk through the production as close to the cars as it was safe from welding and robots. I understand Covid has changed everything but thought even contacts at the factory would not allow ignoring Covid restrictions.
Old 04-08-2022, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Is this the situation today? When I visited Sindelfingen to collect my V222, we had a group of people collecting their S-class and we did walk through the production as close to the cars as it was safe from welding and robots. I understand Covid has changed everything but thought even contacts at the factory would not allow ignoring Covid restrictions.
Now that you mention it you are right. For some reason I had the mental picture of one of the overlooking platforms we stood on in my head, but you are right. We did go down closer to the lines. Hoping that's still how they are doing it. But probably kinda hard to spot a specific car being built while there.
Old 04-08-2022, 06:27 PM

Received 91 Likes on 42 Posts
Tesla Model S
There is supposed to be a 12v (cigarette lighter) plug below and behind the left side of the glove box. Has anyone seen it? Could you take a look? Thanks!
12V socket is under glove box - pax side