EQS EQS (V297) sedan

EQS 580 question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 11:42 AM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
EQS 450+
EQS 580 question

Someone asked me the other day and I just didn't know, so thought I would ask some of you 580 owners. When driving on a highway at cruising speed are you using both motors or does the front motor just freewheel until needed? I'm thinking of something like (not exactly) a AWD vehicle that doesn't send power to the front wheels unless needed.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2022, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,103 Likes on 727 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by Old Dawg
Someone asked me the other day and I just didn't know, so thought I would ask some of you 580 owners. When driving on a highway at cruising speed are you using both motors or does the front motor just freewheel until needed? I'm thinking of something like (not exactly) a AWD vehicle that doesn't send power to the front wheels unless needed.

Thanks
Its always variable but at a steady state cruising situation its actually FWD since the front motor is the most "economic" powerwise. That doesnt mean its primarily FWD. Its FWD in low load cruising situations. It can flip in a fith of a second and again, its infinitely variable at all times. The traction distribution in the EQS is extraordinarily effective and transparent. You can never tell where the power is going unless you are looking at the graphic. The instant you step on the gas the rear kicks in. It is extraordinarily slick. At least that what Ive read. All the reviews Ive seen of its snow performance have been glowing.
finally the 580 has the highest power recuperation that I know of; 290 kw!

Last edited by c4004matic; 04-24-2022 at 03:47 PM.