If you were wondering what the EQS radio sounds like

https://youtu.be/Sf7n3BNAIq0
Old 07-10-2022, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 216 Posts
2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by c4004matic
https://youtu.be/Sf7n3BNAIq0
Wow! I really like this song. I just added it to my favorites on Apple Music. Haven’t heard in the EQS580 yet.
Old 07-10-2022, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,122 Likes on 734 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by AppleFan1
Wow! I really like this song. I just added it to my favorites on Apple Music. Haven’t heard in the EQS580 yet.
You should download it from HD tracks. Full resolution file instead of an mp3, trust me, it makes a difference! Its in one of their HD collections. Stereonuts like myself have complained for years that CD's sound dead compared to vynil, because they do. High def fixes that, almost...
Old 07-10-2022, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
You should download it from HD tracks. Full resolution file instead of an mp3, trust me, it makes a difference! Its in one of their HD collections. Stereonuts like myself have complained for years that CD's sound dead compared to vynil, because they do. High def fixes that, almost...
How do I do that? Do I download the HD track on YouTube or what? I’m unfamiliar with this process. I’m obviously not an audiophile but my son sure is.
Old 07-10-2022, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
HD tracks is a wesite to dowload high def music:
https://www.hdtracks.com/
You have to download their downloader. Once installed you simply go on the website and you can purchase whatever you like. It will download to your computers hard drive. I strogly recommend you download your files as FLAC files since they have no compression, they will worck perfectly in your car. To listen in your car simply copy the files to a USB and thats it.
For music at home.....I digitized my CD collection a long time ago. If you wish to make it sound closer to what it should be; I would recommend ROON. It restores a lot of the info that the format could not reproduce.
Its not cheap, and requires a computer from which to run its "core" but its worth every penny. It also works seamlessly with high def streaming sites as Tidal and Qbuzz. It serves as a hub for any and all digital files you own as a plus it makes them sound better than they ever did.
The following 2 users liked this post by c4004matic:
AppleFan1 (07-10-2022), cyber3d (07-10-2022)
Old 07-10-2022, 07:12 PM

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
Have you compared CarPlay audio quality with the built-in Apple Music service? I was surprised by how much better music sounds coming from the car itself rather than CarPlay.
Old 07-10-2022, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
I have not, Im sure it does sound significantly better since it probably a higher bitrate stream. I dont use any of the of the car apps since they require in car wifi. I live in an area where cell coverage is spotty around town and frequently unexistent outside of town. Not woth the expense. Since you are using it, I recommend you try Tidal.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by njtransit215
Have you compared CarPlay audio quality with the built-in Apple Music service? I was surprised by how much better music sounds coming from the car itself rather than CarPlay.
I’ve always used Apple Music through Car Play. I’m not sure I understand what you mean.
Old 07-10-2022, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
I have not, Im sure it does sound significantly better since it probably a higher bitrate stream. I dont use any of the of the car apps since they require in car wifi. I live in an area where cell coverage is spotty around town and frequently unexistent outside of town. Not woth the expense. Since you are using it, I recommend you try Tidal.
Btw, my son told me a couple hours ago that he bought 2 albums of the Doors (didn’t realize he was into the Doors lately) through HD Tracks. He is very familiar with it. He will be here for a month (works remotely) in mid July and he’ll explain everything to me about the service. As I indicated above, he’s an audiophile just like you.
Old 07-10-2022, 10:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
I’ve always used Apple Music through Car Play. I’m not sure I understand what you mean.
Sorry got confused I thoght you were using one of the cars music apps. I get exactly what you mean. Are you using it wireless or wired. Regardless try Tidal on your phone. Chest their master titles and compare those to apple. Let me know your impressions.
Old 07-11-2022, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Sorry got confused I thoght you were using one of the cars music apps. I get exactly what you mean. Are you using it wireless or wired. Regardless try Tidal on your phone. Chest their master titles and compare those to apple. Let me know your impressions.
I’m using it wireless. I’ve heard of Tidal but don’t know anything about it. So Tidal is an app? Can my Apple Music files be transferred to Tidal?
To me the Apple Music songs sound great in the car but I’m obviously not an audiophile like you and my son. I likely have over 2,000 songs in the various playlists.
Btw, my son also creates his own music.
Old 07-11-2022, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
I’m using it wireless. I’ve heard of Tidal but don’t know anything about it. So Tidal is an app? Can my Apple Music files be transferred to Tidal?
To me the Apple Music songs sound great in the car but I’m obviously not an audiophile like you and my son. I likely have over 2,000 songs in the various playlists.
Btw, my son also creates his own music.
Tidal is a (mostly) high def streaming service. It uses MQA compression. Though not the same as using a losslessformat like FLAC, it is IMO, noticeably better than wht you get from the mp3's from other streaming "stores" Their "master" recordings are particularly good. Yep its just another streaming app. You simply look it up in the app store and download it. It doesnt have the breadth of material of apple, spotify or amazon but it rarely if ever makes you grate your teeth when you listen to it as the apple store and spotify often do. You don't own the music, its a streaming service like Spotify, but anything you put into your favorites is always there to listen to at any time. I like it.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
Tidal is a (mostly) high def streaming service. It uses MQA compression. Though not the same as using a losslessformat like FLAC, it is IMO, noticeably better than wht you get from the mp3's from other streaming "stores" Their "master" recordings are particularly good. Yep its just another streaming app. You simply look it up in the app store and download it. It doesnt have the breadth of material of apple, spotify or amazon but it rarely if ever makes you grate your teeth when you listen to it as the apple store and spotify often do. You don't own the music, its a streaming service like Spotify, but anything you put into your favorites is always there to listen to at any time. I like it.
Here’s what my son advised this afternoon:

“Don’t waste your time with Tidal at this point. We can get properly into the Audiophile weeds while I’m there though. I can even prepare a listing test of the same song in a variety of formats.”

Sorry my friend. I’ll just wait for him to show me the differences.
Old 07-11-2022, 08:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Here’s what my son advised this afternoon:

“Don’t waste your time with Tidal at this point. We can get properly into the Audiophile weeds while I’m there though. I can even prepare a listing test of the same song in a variety of formats.”

Sorry my friend. I’ll just wait for him to show me the differences.
I understand perfectly. When he shows up just listen in the car to the same song with different apps and see what you prefer.
Old 07-24-2022, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
I understand perfectly. When he shows up just listen in the car to the same song with different apps and see what you prefer.
Well, my son let me hear the difference between Spotify (very comparable to Apple Music) and lossless files played from his phone’s internal drive. I could not detect any difference but he said he thinks he heard a slight difference on the internal drive on his phone through the car’s 3D audio. In conclusion, there’s no need for me to mess around with lossless streaming.

Btw, one of his recordings is called “Dictator Practice” completely made by him. You can find it on Tidal, Apple Music, or Spotify. His high res digital files can also be downloaded from Bandcamp.com. His name is Nick Notis.
Btw, he says that the EQS 3D sound system is the best car sound system he has ever heard.

Last edited by AppleFan1; 07-24-2022 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-25-2022, 02:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Well, my son let me hear the difference between Spotify (very comparable to Apple Music) and lossless files played from his phone’s internal drive. I could not detect any difference but he said he thinks he heard a slight difference on the internal drive on his phone through the car’s 3D audio. In conclusion, there’s no need for me to mess around with lossless streaming.

Btw, one of his recordings is called “Dictator Practice” completely made by him. You can find it on Tidal, Apple Music, or Spotify. His high res digital files can also be downloaded from Bandcamp.com. His name is Nick Notis.
Btw, he says that the EQS 3D sound system is the best car sound system he has ever heard.
Will check the song!
Yep, as far as OEM radios go, its pretty darned good. one thing in its favor is how quiet the car is. The lack of background noise makes it appear to have that much more dynamic range. Burmester matched it well to the vehicle's acoustics. They also avoided all the needless speakers all over the roof and the myriad of useless surround programs. Many car audio gurus disliked the complexity of the previous Burmester 3D systems. They are now labelled as 4D and are available for multiple thousands on other models. IMO not worth the additional outlay since this "base" Burmester sounds so well.
The following users liked this post:
AppleFan1 (07-25-2022)