Automatic mirror unfolding

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2022, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 853 Likes on 547 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by superswiss
With my C63S coupe I have 7" on each side. Maybe that 1" makes a difference, but it seems plenty of space. The door is 8 feet, but the actual opening is only 94". Inside, the garage is 9.5' tandem but still have to get through the opening. I've had SUV loaners and it isn't much of a problem. I actually park as far to the right as I can to leave enough room to get past on the left and give me enough room with the long coupe doors to get out of the car. I usually leave about an inch between the mirror and the wall. I pretty much rely on the 360 camera. Lining up the red line on the side with the right side of the door and the wall gets me there no problem.
Yes I used to have a C Class too and it felt like plenty of space. I've had tighter cars in the garage. My Panamera Turbo S was a very tight fit - wider than the EQS,
Old 09-02-2022, 07:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,001 Likes on 2,666 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Yes I used to have a C Class too and it felt like plenty of space. I've had tighter cars in the garage. My Panamera Turbo S was a very tight fit - wider than the EQS,
I guess it's all about spatial awareness. The EQS is a big car, but mostly long. Didn't feel especially wide when I drove the 580 and 53. I've squeezed through tighter spaces. On a trip to Portugal a few years ago I had to drive through a tiny alley. VW Golf rental with folded in mirrors had about an inch on each side. Now that's tight.
Old 09-03-2022, 04:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche taycan
Originally Posted by Tjdehya
This topic is about Autimatic mirror folding. The only time the mirror automatically folds is when you lock and unlock the car.
There is obviously a button to fold the mirrors.
The OP would like the mirrors told fold and unfold based on location similar to the GPS 360deg camera.
It sounds like an easy fix that could be done with an easy software implementation… but that will never happen with Mercedes.
Understood, thank you.
Do you know up to what speed it's still possible to fold them in EQS?
Old 09-03-2022, 09:03 AM

Received 262 Likes on 156 Posts
2018 S560; 2022 EQS450+
Originally Posted by Tjdehya View Post
This topic is about Autimatic mirror folding. The only time the mirror automatically folds is when you lock and unlock the car.
There is obviously a button to fold the mirrors.

It would appear that things are not the same everywhere -
With my 450+, the mirrors do NOT automatically fold when I open and enter my car. This is not the same as unlocking with a key fob, but it is unlocking the car.
Here are the steps I go through -
1. Approaching my garage, I fold the mirrors manually., then enter the garage, turn off the motor, and exit the car. The mirrors remain folded.
2. I lock the car - no change in the mirrors.
3. I enter the garage, the door handles extend, the mirrors remain folded, I enter the car, start the motor. The mirrors have never unfolded in this process.
4. Only after I exit the garage, do I manually unfold the mirrors.

Could it be that my last command to fold the mirrors prior to entering the garage overrides any car programming.
Old 09-03-2022, 10:17 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 E-350 Loaded
Could it be that my last command to fold the mirrors prior to entering the garage overrides any car programming.
Yes, that is an accurate statement.
Side note: I simply can't believe the bickering over folded mirror question.
Old 09-03-2022, 10:40 AM

Received 262 Likes on 156 Posts
2018 S560; 2022 EQS450+
Originally Posted by SmokinJoe
Yes, that is an accurate statement.
Side note: I simply can't believe the bickering over folded mirror question.
Interesting choice of words.

It has seemed to me more of a discussion.

For a good example of bickering, I’d say look at the car wash topic.
Old 07-14-2023, 02:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63s 2019 coupe
My mirrors do not unfold when I unlock the car.

I have a 2017 Mercedes GTS. My mirrors usually unfold when I hit the unlock button on the car keys or when I touch the door handle to unlock the car. Today, I noticed the mirrors are not unfolding until I open the door of my car!

Has this happened to anyone before?

Do i have to reset the settings? If yes, please help
Old 07-14-2023, 03:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 299 Likes on 250 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by zeiad mansour
I have a 2017 Mercedes GTS. My mirrors usually unfold when I hit the unlock button on the car keys or when I touch the door handle to unlock the car. Today, I noticed the mirrors are not unfolding until I open the door of my car!

Has this happened to anyone before?

Do i have to reset the settings? If yes, please help
I've deactivated that feature from our cars and not sure how they behave but why would you want to have the mirrors unfold before you open the door? Can't use mirrors anyway before you are in the car.
Old 07-14-2023, 04:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 435 Likes on 303 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
I've deactivated that feature from our cars and not sure how they behave but why would you want to have the mirrors unfold before you open the door? Can't use mirrors anyway before you are in the car.
What use are puddle lights after you've stepped in a puddle? My Genesis would unfold the mirrors as I approached so I could actually see where I was going.
Old 07-15-2023, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 299 Likes on 250 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by Crito
What use are puddle lights after you've stepped in a puddle? My Genesis would unfold the mirrors as I approached so I could actually see where I was going.
Do you mean puddle lights do not illuminate the area close to the door when folded? Or do they not activate before mirrors are unfolded?
Old 03-24-2024, 09:12 AM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Utopia Texas
This is laughable. Your garage door is not the standard width so you expect all car makers to adapt to you. Entitled much?
I came here to look for something else, but saw this thread and I felt I need to comment on it.

This is indeed laughable. The standard door in my state is 8 feet wide- in a $400k house and in a $2.5mil house. I have an S and G and both will not get in/out without the side mirrors folded. You thinking that 10-feet garage doors are the norm? Entitled much? Asking for a friend