EQS EQS (V297) sedan

MBUX navigation: How can I rename a "favorite" destination?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2023, 01:01 AM

Received 71 Likes on 45 Posts
No Mercedes yet
MBUX navigation: How can I rename a "favorite" destination?

How can I rename a "favorite" destination to be something more meaningful (to me) than a street address? If I press and hold a "favorite" (or press the three dots to the right of it), I see a popup menu, but that menu has only two options: "Delete Entry", and "Delete All Entries". It's not obvious to me what I need to do in order to rename it.
The following 2 users liked this post by finlayson:
SaffsDad (01-17-2023), ScottC2 (01-14-2023)
Old 01-14-2023, 02:36 PM

Received 100 Likes on 75 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Originally Posted by finlayson
How can I rename a "favorite" destination to be something more meaningful (to me) than a street address? If I press and hold a "favorite" (or press the three dots to the right of it), I see a popup menu, but that menu has only two options: "Delete Entry", and "Delete All Entries". It's not obvious to me what I need to do in order to rename it.
While it will be a long time before my EQE SUV is delivered, I know I most certainly would have had this question...so am very glad you asked! Will be following this one!
Old 01-14-2023, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 803 Likes on 635 Posts
I read an article some time ago that inferred changes to favorites can be done via the user's profile. Unfortunately I can't locate that article.
Old 01-17-2023, 01:34 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
EQS 450+
Off the top of my head but I think you can rename if you add the Favorite destination to your Starred Favorites Menu on the MBUX system. That is the only way I know how to do it.
Old 01-17-2023, 04:26 AM

No Mercedes yet
OK, I was finally able to figure out how to rename a "Favorite" - but the process is very obscure (and illustrative of bad UI design).

When you save an address as a "Favorite", you'll briefly see a popup box that says "<address> Saved as Favorite". Then, and only then, click on that popup box, before it disappears. (If you've already saved the favorite, then you'll need to save it again, in order to get the "<address> Saved as Favorite" popup box.)

After clicking on that popup box, you'll see a display that shows your Favorites as square buttons. Press and hold the square button for the Favorite that you want to rename. You'll then see a dialog box that lists "Rename" as one of the options.

(Now, I wish the UI would order my list of Favorites by distance (depending on my current location) - so that nearby Favorites would show up at the start of the list.)

Last edited by finlayson; 01-17-2023 at 04:43 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by finlayson:
Diesel Benz (01-17-2023), ScottC2 (01-17-2023), Soulman (06-28-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 07:47 AM

EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Originally Posted by finlayson
OK, I was finally able to figure out how to rename a "Favorite" - but the process is very obscure (and illustrative of bad UI design).
When you save an address as a "Favorite", you'll briefly see a popup box that says "<address> Saved as Favorite". Then, and only then, click on that popup box, before it disappears. (If you've already saved the favorite, then you'll need to save it again, in order to get the "<address> Saved as Favorite" popup box.)
After clicking on that popup box, you'll see a display that shows your Favorites as square buttons. Press and hold the square button for the Favorite that you want to rename. You'll then see a dialog box that lists "Rename" as one of the options.
Does this procedure still work for you, Finlayson? If yes, which version of MBUX are you on?
I am on E330... and unfortunately, I have not been able to get this to work. I am using Zero Layer on the hyperscreen.
Following the procedure, I get no square on the left side of the Favorites list when it comes up. Typically only an icon.
On the right side of the favorites list, I get the ... where I have the option to "delete entry" or "delete all entries" and nothing else.
Agree that the UI design is exceptionally poor!
Old 04-22-2024, 12:53 PM

No Mercedes yet
Yes, this procedure still works for me. I don't know what version of MBUX I have, but it hasn't changed since I sent my earlier post.

Here, FYI, is the procedure once again (I've changed "click on" to "press", to be more relevant for a touchscreen display):

When you save an address as a "Favorite", you'll briefly see a popup box that says "<address> Saved as Favorite". Then, and only then, press that popup box, before it disappears. (If you've already saved the favorite, then you'll need to save it again, in order to get the "<address> Saved as Favorite" popup box.)
After pressing that popup box, you'll see a display that shows your Favorite as a square button. Press and hold the square button for the Favorite that you want to rename. You'll then see a dialog box that lists "Rename" as one of the options.
Old 04-22-2024, 02:18 PM

EQE SUV 500 4Matic
I think I am following your procedure precisely. Without luck. If you haven't updated MBUX since your first post on this topic, then I suspect my E330 version is newer than yours...and the upgrade came with reduced (botched?) functionality in this regard. Or, perhaps this feature is reserved only for those who shell out for an EQS?!

For clarity, I have pasted pictures of what I am doing below. Can you spot if I'm doing something wrong?

First - my MBUX software version

Old 04-22-2024, 10:26 PM

No Mercedes yet
Yes, you seem to be getting different results than I do. The new MBUX version is probably to blame.

If anyone knows how to rename favorites with this new version of MBUX, then please let us know.
The following users liked this post:
ScottC2 (04-23-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 EQS 450+
Use your Mercedes Me Connect app. Enter address and press Send to Vehicle. Press the edit icon on upper right then enter your desired info. Now send to vehicle.
Old 06-28-2024, 02:18 AM

EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Originally Posted by TTOWN ROCK
Use your Mercedes Me Connect app. Enter address and press Send to Vehicle. Press the edit icon on upper right then enter your desired info. Now send to vehicle.
Thnx. Got that. Have always been able to do that.
What I really want to do is to be able to save a destination IN THE CAR in MBUX and name it as I wish. I don't want to have to use the MMe app while sitting in the car with everything in front of me on the MBUX screen.
It's so silly. I could name destinations as I wished on my GPS in my 2002 Volvo!!!
The following users liked this post:
TTOWN ROCK (06-28-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 02:39 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by ScottC2
Thnx. Got that. Have always been able to do that.
I don't want to have to use the MMe app while sitting in the car with everything in front of me on the MBUX screen.
Well, I find it faster to check the tire pressure using the App than trying to do it in the car LOL.