EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Dash Camera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2024, 01:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS - SLK
Originally Posted by LastOne
The dashcam requires some prerequisites, not sure if all EQS vehicles have this. Go to Mercedes me and if the dashcam add-on is there then you can purchase it.
Ok. Got it.
Thank you.
Unfortunately, there's no dashcam add-on on my Mercedes me app...
Old 07-07-2024, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by TR-EQS
Ok. Got it.
Thank you.
Unfortunately, there's no dashcam add-on on my Mercedes me app...
Where are you from (more specifically, your Mercedes Me app registered location)? The EQS must have the necessary camera that the dashcam would use, the dashcam offering just is market area dependent (with a random selection of countries).
The following users liked this post:
TR-EQS (07-07-2024)
Old 07-07-2024, 05:06 AM

EQS - SLK
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Where are you from (more specifically, your Mercedes Me app registered location)? The EQS must have the necessary camera that the dashcam would use, the dashcam offering just is market area dependent (with a random selection of countries).
Hummm... i see.
That makes sense, since i had read the dashcam feature just uses the car cameras.
I am in Portugal, so maybe that's it.
Although Tesla dashcam and sentry works here.
But i think it's just because Tesla doesn't give a damn about local privacy laws unless they are really forced to.
Old 07-07-2024, 02:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by TR-EQS
Hummm... i see.
That makes sense, since i had read the dashcam feature just uses the car cameras.
I am in Portugal, so maybe that's it.
Although Tesla dashcam and sentry works here.
But i think it's just because Tesla doesn't give a damn about local privacy laws unless they are really forced to.
Regulation is supposed to be the same for all EU countries, not sure if some privacy laws could be different. Yet many EU countries have the genuine Mercedes Dash cam feature (available from Mercedes Me shop) but not all do. Some EU countries even allow the dashcam to start automatically, some allow the dashcam but no auto-start. I bet it is a decision by the local MB importer even if the factory backs up the arguments the local importer states.
Old 07-07-2024, 04:57 PM

EQS - SLK
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
Regulation is supposed to be the same for all EU countries, not sure if some privacy laws could be different. Yet many EU countries have the genuine Mercedes Dash cam feature (available from Mercedes Me shop) but not all do. Some EU countries even allow the dashcam to start automatically, some allow the dashcam but no auto-start. I bet it is a decision by the local MB importer even if the factory backs up the arguments the local importer states.
Ok, thank you​​​.
I will investigate.