EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Netflix / Hulu / YouTube TV/ streaming to Hyperscreen working as of 2024

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 10:09 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
EQS
Originally Posted by hangulo
None of those devices work on the passenger screen, they use the carplay protocol and the car only funnels that data to the main screen (same for android auto)

I have been testing the binize box for 3 weeks, unfortunately my experience has not been great, I have been trying to return the unit for a week now but their support team keep sending me troubleshooting steps ( their support is very responsive though).

I have found the following issues with the binize mercedes box on my EQS:

1.- Wheel controls do not work as expected...instead you get a mouse pointer that it is very hard to manipulate with our crappy touch controls on the wheel.. I was expecting a discreet movement from button to button (left, right, up, down) on the screen not a mouse pointer that you need to precisely line up with the button you want to click on screen.

2.- I could not find a way to change the theme to dark mode... the android settings are trimmed and the themes section is empty... this makes some app like google maps, waze, etc display bright gray background which is very distracting

3.- Other devices allow you to change the intro/boot animation... this one does not.... the video is low-res, eventhough it is only 5 secs it kinda looks cheap on the hyperscreen..

4.- Bluetooth controllers for gaming do not work properly

5.- Carplay audio (when you connect your phone to the binize box) is choppy, sometimes after you hang up it shows as if the call is still on.... I ended up connecting my phone to the EQS bluetooth directly ( you can have carplay from your phone to the car directly while the binize box is plugged )

6.- Streaming videos have Audio out of sync (audio is always 400ms late) and again makes the whole experience cheap (speedtest shows 80 Mbps speed, the same happens when connected to my home wifi at 300Mbps)

7.- You can't zoom in google maps... you are stuck with the main zoom factor... when you approach a turn google will zoom in and out.. but you can't do it manually for some reason... zoom in other apps works ok but for me GMAPS was very important

8- iPhone mirror (airplay) only works if you connect the binize box to the iphone wifi hotspot....I have a hotspot on the car itself and I connect my phone to the car along with the benize box... screen mirroring wont work that way... other airplay emulators just require the sender and receiver to be connected to the same network, this one requires the receiver to be connected to the sender directly (per their support team)

The last 4 items are show stoppers for me.. I am not sure if I received a defective unit... wondering if @thebigkat82 had the same issues...
i have not honestly but I only use it to watch YouTube / Netflix and not much more than that
Old 03-23-2024, 10:10 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
EQS
Originally Posted by gutter888
I'm very interested in this, could someone with a hyperscreen let me know if the binize works for using youtube on the passenger side of the hyperscreen?

TIA
no because the hyper screen has no ‘input’ / CarPlay
Old 03-24-2024, 06:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
EQS ordered, 2018 GLS
Binize box

I just purchased the Binize. I have the entertainment package with the video monitors in the back seats as well in my EQS SUV. I can’t find a way to share the main hyperscreen image to passenger screen or rear screens. Also it does not look like Disney plus works on the box. It says the software is no longer compatible.
Old 06-03-2024, 10:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Lexus
Carlinkit Tbox Plus supports split screen preset feature. It seems like a nice feature.
Old 06-04-2024, 12:14 AM

Received 189 Likes on 155 Posts
SL63
A couple of questions.
How does the signal get to the product? Cell phone signal?
Blue tooth from Satellite? Or direct from satellite like xm?
Or can it connect with a Wi-Fi hotspot relayed through a cellphone or tablet?
Is there a subscription fee?
Does it have download capability, or a large buffer to smooth out geo dead spots?
Asking for a friend.
Old 06-22-2024, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A5
Nice review! It's helpful hearing about real experiences with these gadgets. I've been looking into ways to stream on my car's Hyperscreen too. Last summer, on a road trip through rural areas, I tried a similar device but had connectivity issues. Maybe I'll give Binize a shot based on your recommendation—it sounds like it runs smoother. For anyone wondering about streaming options abroad, like how to watch Hulu in South Africa, checking out guides can be a game-changer. Thanks for sharing your insights!

Last edited by yratgrrsapyrs; 06-30-2024 at 06:52 PM.