EQS EQS (V297) sedan

OTA software update for air suspension system 2/26

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
2022 EQS580
So, does anyone know for sure if this increases the range?
Old 03-04-2024, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS 580
Seriously NO UPDATE on 2022 EQS?
Old 03-05-2024, 10:13 AM

Received 152 Likes on 114 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
I was away for a few days but monitored my car thru Mercedes me app to see if I would get the suspension update. App said no updates, I was current. As soon as I turned car on up pops suspension update. App still says I have no OTA updates. I’m a little undecided as to whether I want to install the update after reading a few posts on this forum about harsher ride. I do like the raising of the car feature.
Im still having issue of radio voice not fading while navigation speaks even though I have the setting checked in MBUX. It’s a pain when the radio and navigation voice talk over each other.
Old 03-05-2024, 05:49 PM

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
2022 Taycan GTS, 2023 EQS580 SUV, 2023 EQS580 sedan
this update you have to do it in your car. need to press some agreement for 3 sec and need to lock the car within 1 min when you turn off the car.
after update it will showed on the mb me app. I failed to update it the 1st time. the app just showed nothing. I have to go back to my car to see is update successful or not.
Originally Posted by Radman991
I was away for a few days but monitored my car thru Mercedes me app to see if I would get the suspension update. App said no updates, I was current. As soon as I turned car on up pops suspension update. App still says I have no OTA updates. I’m a little undecided as to whether I want to install the update after reading a few posts on this forum about harsher ride. I do like the raising of the car feature.
Im still having issue of radio voice not fading while navigation speaks even though I have the setting checked in MBUX. It’s a pain when the radio and navigation voice talk over each other.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:59 PM

Received 88 Likes on 47 Posts
23 EQS 450 4matic sedan
Originally Posted by Radman991
TL;DR

I had my EQS in service for various issues, including concerns about the ride quality. The dealership found no technical issue with the suspension, but I later discovered an OTA update for the air suspension that had been rolled out. Despite being tempted to install it, I held off due to negative feedback from other users. I'm now in contact with my service advisor about this and a pending recall regarding fuse issues.

Towards the end of February, I had my EQS in service for several days. Various issues needed to be assessed and addressed; one was that I had been concerned about the ride quality for over a month. The vehicle wasn't absorbing road imperfections and handling some aspects of the road that it would characteristically do. It's similar to when I first drove the car and switched between comfort and sport modes the first few times. Even though the differences were subtle, it was apparent that more road imperfections were noticed, and it felt firmer in some instances. That, at least, gives the gist of what I'm referring to about the air suspension.

So, since I had now accrued enough annoyances and necessities that warranted a visit to the service department, the first and foremost reason was one previously neglected on behalf of the dealership. Some very slight scrapes underneath the front of the vehicle weren't present when I dropped off the car. This was noticed when their driver and I inspected the delivery at my home. The dealership drove my car an hour and a half to my house and would pick up the loaner. That's when it was discovered.

So, back to this current visit, it was assessed that there didn't appear to be any technical issue with the suspension and, subsequently, the driving experience based on their technician's assessment. It was what it was, and I knew it would likely take longer to address it again. Ironically, I picked my car up on Feb. 26th. Cut to just a few days ago, I was randomly playing around with the settings and happened upon the "Updates" section. Unbeknownst to me, an air suspension OTA update was rolled out, and I'm just now finding out. But at that moment, I was delighted and also a little annoyed because it was very coincidental that, based on my experience having concerns about the air suspension, here they are rolling out an update that deals with precisely that, even if it was potentially being packaged as an improvement for something else. So I gleefully started the download, and then I popped on here to see if anyone else had updated and their take on things.

After reading more than enough examples of the post-update experience being less than popular, I ensured that I didn't initiate the installation of the update. Even though I was tempted to install it anyway to see if it made any improvements, I didn't want to take the risk of updating and being unable to roll back that update. I've been in contact with my primary service advisor about this and also the recall that is still pending a remedy regarding something to do with the fuses and the lovely issues that would occur in the instance of their failure. I have the advisor working with the Service Foreman to get answers, and I should hear back soon. I would be happy to rewrite the text for you. Here is the text string that provides context for my novella.

ME:

SERVICE ADVISOR:

ME: (green)
SERVICE ADVISOR: (not green)

Last edited by J_Boxer; 03-05-2024 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2024, 02:35 PM

Received 459 Likes on 289 Posts
2022 EQS 450+
I still have seen no indication of this update.
Old 03-07-2024, 11:10 AM

Received 368 Likes on 227 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by J_Boxer
TL;DR

I had my EQS in service for various issues, including concerns about the ride quality. The dealership found no technical issue with the suspension, but I later discovered an OTA update for the air suspension that had been rolled out. Despite being tempted to install it, I held off due to negative feedback from other users. I'm now in contact with my service advisor about this and a pending recall regarding fuse issues.

Towards the end of February, I had my EQS in service for several days. Various issues needed to be assessed and addressed; one was that I had been concerned about the ride quality for over a month. The vehicle wasn't absorbing road imperfections and handling some aspects of the road that it would characteristically do. It's similar to when I first drove the car and switched between comfort and sport modes the first few times. Even though the differences were subtle, it was apparent that more road imperfections were noticed, and it felt firmer in some instances. That, at least, gives the gist of what I'm referring to about the air suspension.

So, since I had now accrued enough annoyances and necessities that warranted a visit to the service department, the first and foremost reason was one previously neglected on behalf of the dealership. Some very slight scrapes underneath the front of the vehicle weren't present when I dropped off the car. This was noticed when their driver and I inspected the delivery at my home. The dealership drove my car an hour and a half to my house and would pick up the loaner. That's when it was discovered.

So, back to this current visit, it was assessed that there didn't appear to be any technical issue with the suspension and, subsequently, the driving experience based on their technician's assessment. It was what it was, and I knew it would likely take longer to address it again. Ironically, I picked my car up on Feb. 26th. Cut to just a few days ago, I was randomly playing around with the settings and happened upon the "Updates" section. Unbeknownst to me, an air suspension OTA update was rolled out, and I'm just now finding out. But at that moment, I was delighted and also a little annoyed because it was very coincidental that, based on my experience having concerns about the air suspension, here they are rolling out an update that deals with precisely that, even if it was potentially being packaged as an improvement for something else. So I gleefully started the download, and then I popped on here to see if anyone else had updated and their take on things.

After reading more than enough examples of the post-update experience being less than popular, I ensured that I didn't initiate the installation of the update. Even though I was tempted to install it anyway to see if it made any improvements, I didn't want to take the risk of updating and being unable to roll back that update. I've been in contact with my primary service advisor about this and also the recall that is still pending a remedy regarding something to do with the fuses and the lovely issues that would occur in the instance of their failure. I have the advisor working with the Service Foreman to get answers, and I should hear back soon. I would be happy to rewrite the text for you. Here is the text string that provides context for my novella.

ME:

SERVICE ADVISOR:

I just read through your thread and various issues. I don't have any specific wisdom regarding the suspension issues etc, but I will say these subtle issues are really tough to impossible for a dealer to fix. I don't mean to sound patronizing, but it may not be worth the worry and trouble to try to 'fix' something that is working--especially within MB spec. These complicated machines have so many different variables that affect ride quality, comfort, and performance, all viewed through the lens of a specific individual. Your subtle feeling of a problem may (and apparently does not) register with the service advisor or technician.

Forcing an issue to try to 'fix' something may also create unintended side effects that you were not anticipating. For example, my wife spilled some coffee on her nice new beige carpet in our EQS. She ordered new carpet, and had it installed at the dealer. Unfortunately, while removing the heavy driver seat, the tech managed it hit several door panels and the back seat leather with the metal tracks on the bottom of the seat, causing almost $20,000 in damage (retail prices). The dealer covered all the damage and was very cooperative, but the issue is still ongoing months later waiting for parts and will in the end require three separate trips to the dealer. Mechanically, bad things can happen if you start taking modules apart looking for trouble and putting them back together, too. My unsolicited advice is just enjoy the car where you are, unless something is *really* not working.
The following 2 users liked this post by nath_h:
AppleFan1 (03-07-2024), Mort (03-07-2024)
Old 03-07-2024, 03:17 PM

Received 88 Likes on 47 Posts
23 EQS 450 4matic sedan
Originally Posted by nath_h
I just read through your thread and various issues. I don't have any specific wisdom regarding the suspension issues etc, but I will say these subtle issues are really tough to impossible for a dealer to fix. I don't mean to sound patronizing, but it may not be worth the worry and trouble to try to 'fix' something that is working--especially within MB spec. These complicated machines have so many different variables that affect ride quality, comfort, and performance, all viewed through the lens of a specific individual. Your subtle feeling of a problem may (and apparently does not) register with the service advisor or technician.

Forcing an issue to try to 'fix' something may also create unintended side effects that you were not anticipating. For example, my wife spilled some coffee on her nice new beige carpet in our EQS. She ordered new carpet, and had it installed at the dealer. Unfortunately, while removing the heavy driver seat, the tech managed it hit several door panels and the back seat leather with the metal tracks on the bottom of the seat, causing almost $20,000 in damage (retail prices). The dealer covered all the damage and was very cooperative, but the issue is still ongoing months later waiting for parts and will in the end require three separate trips to the dealer. Mechanically, bad things can happen if you start taking modules apart looking for trouble and putting them back together, too. My unsolicited advice is just enjoy the car where you are, unless something is *really* not working.
Respectfully, my situation for this particular service visit amounts to the following: Visually looking at the headlights, sitting in the seats of two cars, adjusting some vents, inspecting and applying a software update to address seat malfunction, 2 MBUX software-related glitches that were also updated, repairing dealer negligent damage, and taking a test drive of two cars. Ironically, while the dealership deemed there was no issue with the air suspension and ride comfort, the same day I picked up my EQS, Mercedes rolled out an OTA software update addressing the exact complaint I expressed. So, while the subtle feeling of a problem may (and apparently did not) register with the service advisor or technician, it did seem to resonate with MB. Just sayin'.

Of those inspection areas, only the repair to the bumper, which the dealer caused, was the most intrusive issue. The headlights ended up being a non-issue that even the techs weren't familiar with until they pulled documentation. All of my points were valid and were not intrusive to the vehicle, and one, the headlight inspection, was clarification and education. None of my concerns have risen to the level of invasiveness, nor are they relatable to the unfortunate experience you encountered. While I can see your reply's underlying message and intent, I do not feel my post was the best example for you to exercise that opinion.

While I respect and acknowledge your editorialized judgment of my comprehensive post, I will wholeheartedly disagree with your assessment of this situation. Although unfortunate, your attempt at a relatable example is not the same type of scenario. Your generalized prognostication of "Forcing an issue to try to 'fix' something may also create unintended side effects that you were not anticipating" is perfect advice for the example you gave for your regrettable encounter with your dealership. It is, however, unrelatable to my situation. IMHO

I understand where you're coming from. While the sayings "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" and "if you go looking for trouble, you are likely to find it" may have some truth to them, they are pretty broad and outdated in their application. It's essential to approach each situation independently and not rely solely on these generalized notions.

Old 03-07-2024, 06:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 429 Likes on 297 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
The techs pulled documentation... bwahahahaha! That's funny!

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...headlamps.html

Old 07-30-2024, 02:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQS 450v4
So, resurrecting this old thread... For those of you who didn't like the suspension OTA update, what happened? Were you able to downgrade it? Have you just learned to deal with it?

@Eqsstarter
Old 07-30-2024, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS
Originally Posted by grandcurmudgeon
So, resurrecting this old thread... For those of you who didn't like the suspension OTA update, what happened? Were you able to downgrade it? Have you just learned to deal with it?

@Eqsstarter

just got used to it. It’s fine
Old 07-30-2024, 06:07 PM

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 EQS 580 Sedan
Airbags deflate and the car lowers after parking/locking but not every time. Sounds like a big exhale, so prepare yourself for the noise. Wish the suspension had a control button like my other cars. Isn’t that the point of seamless OTA updates so the manufacturer can continue to improve systems and functions over time?