Auto close doors (e.g. 67B/68B/883)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2021 EQA AMG Version
Auto close doors (e.g. 67B/68B/883)

Hi all,

Picked up my 2/22 EQS 580 today (Portuguese version of car). It has just about all options except for anything in the back seats (no heated seats etc.) which is fine for me Very, very happy except ...

I've seen how the auto doors work and I have the options listed (67B/68B/883). However, mine are not performing as they should (my supposition). Here's the situation:

Car is locked. I then press and hold the unlock button on the key fob. According to the manual (and youtube!), the driver's door should fully open for me. Instead, the driver's door remains closed and doesn't move. However, the passenger door opens partially (about 30% of the way) instead... If I then lock the car (before touching any doors), the passenger door will close again from it's position. Nothing happens with the driver's door (since it's still closed).

Just to confuse, if I open the driver's door manually, jump in and hit the brake, the door closes...

As additional information (clue?), if I enable the auto-fold mirrors in the settings, then the passenger door won't open as well as the driver's door when I press and hold unlock from locked...

Note that all of the above testing took place on flat ground with no obstacles around the doors.

Have I got anything messed up in the settings somewhere? Can I reset something to try to recover whatever is going on? Which also brings me to another point - where the heck is the door open / close screen (where you can slide to open or close each door or all at once)?

I'm going to ping the Mercedes dealer where I purchased the car (today!) but thought I'd ask the experts first
Old 05-02-2024, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Sounds like a warranty issue. I would ask them to fix it.
Old 05-02-2024, 03:56 PM

2021 EQA AMG Version
Thanks, I will contact the dealer tomorrow. I've just (literally) come back in from more testing and have found a couple of things:
1 - None of the menus related to auto open / close doors are there;
2 - Telling Mercedes to "open driver's door" gives the answer "this function is not available on this vehicle".

Since I know it is (it was part of the demonstration when I went to view the car!), they must have done something when prepping the car for me as part of the service / reset. I'm hoping that with my linking of my mercedes.me account to the car, it just takes a few hours to work through the system and it'll just kick off again.
Old 05-02-2024, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by gxprice
Thanks, I will contact the dealer tomorrow. I've just (literally) come back in from more testing and have found a couple of things:
2 - Telling Mercedes to "open driver's door" gives the answer "this function is not available on this vehicle".

Since I know it is (it was part of the demonstration when I went to view the car!), they must have done something when prepping the car for me as part of the service / reset. I'm hoping that with my linking of my mercedes.me account to the car, it just takes a few hours to work through the system and it'll just kick off again.
Could be incorrect software installed on car. Very very few EQS cars have this feature. In the US it has never been available.
The following users liked this post:
gxprice (05-03-2024)
Old 05-06-2024, 05:05 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EQS 450+

In my country, EQS 580 Edition One (MY 2022) vehicles were equipped with auto doors. But strangely this feature was locked by Mercedes Benz via software.
Local workshops are able to unlock this feature because the hardware had been installed in the factory.
Old 05-06-2024, 05:18 AM

2021 EQA AMG Version
Originally Posted by Tuituibang
In my country, EQS 580 Edition One (MY 2022) vehicles were equipped with auto doors. But strangely this feature was locked by Mercedes Benz via software.
Local workshops are able to unlock this feature because the hardware had been installed in the factory.
Thanks for this info - I'm off to the Mercedes dealer in 30 minutes so it's timely. I hope this is not the problem or I will have to reject the car as this was part of the demonstration... I do know that the car was the car for the CEO of Mercedes Portugal until I purchased it so I'm hoping he didn't have special privileges...

I really hope it's a simple fix or even, that I'm dumb and can't work something out but the manual clearly says otherwise
Old 05-06-2024, 11:09 AM

2021 EQA AMG Version
Originally Posted by Tuituibang
Quick update:
Something definitely bizarre with the comfort door system. Some things work while some (majority of) things don't but at least the problems are repeatable which makes it easier for them. The "Product Expert" pried and prodded at the car and then, in agreement with my assessment (that the door system is crazy), logged a ticket for the IT (in-car software) department to (hopefully) resolve. To be fair, he did a good job in trying to solution the problem and even called the super-duper "Product Expert" to weigh in.

I'm hoping that in a week or so, there will be an OTA update for me but I'm not usually that lucky so it will likely have to go into the shop for a full re-flash on the machine and hope that resolves everything.
Old 05-06-2024, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 351 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
I'd be curious about the serial number oc your car (last 6 of the FIN) as I'd imagine it might be quite an early built car.
Old 05-06-2024, 01:03 PM

2021 EQA AMG Version
VIN is W1K2971441A000711. Interestingly enough, I've seen it referred to as an EQS 550 4Matic (not a 580) This was written on the purchase proposal and is in my Mercedes.Me app. Other places refer to it as a 580. I thought this was a typo at first but now I'm beginning to wonder (just for the record, I've not found any info on such a designation for an EQS). I can't find any VIN decoder that will decode this VIN either so if you find any further info on this car, I'd be interested
Old 05-07-2024, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 351 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Very cool! Thank you. Yeah, so your car shows as an EQS580 to me, being type 144. I confirmed with www.mb.vin. I also see code 6S9 Deactivation of auto comfort doors but to be fair I've never seen an EQS with 67B/68B/883?P24 that doesn't have that code, even when they appear to be fully functional, so that may be nothing.

It's possible that because this was an early pilot build (trial 3) car, it was built before MB had decided which the model designations were going to be so on some early paperwork they called it an EQS550, though I find that hard to believe. It's likely just a typo.
Old 05-07-2024, 06:12 PM

2021 EQA AMG Version
Thanks for all of the useful info, that's great to see and I obviously have less resources than you have I have the spec sheet that I was sent (in Portuguese) and translated to English. Interestingly, the only option that wasn't translated (and I "stupidly" ignored) was 6S9 I have "Deaktivierung el. Türlauf bei Komforttüren" - don't know why it didn't translate.

Damn, I hope I don't have to go to war over 6S9 since it was part of the demo from the salesman; as you say, it may be nothing.

Anyway, really appreciate your effort with the vehicular genealogy
Old 05-08-2024, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Thanks for all of the useful info, that's great to see and I obviously have less resources than you have I have the spec sheet that I was sent (in Portuguese) and translated to English. Interestingly, the only option that wasn't translated (and I "stupidly" ignored) was 6S9 I have "Deaktivierung el. Türlauf bei Komforttüren" - don't know why it didn't translate.

Damn, I hope I don't have to go to war over 6S9 since it was part of the demo from the salesman; as you say, it may be nothing.

Anyway, really appreciate your effort with the vehicular genealogy
It wouldn't surprise me if one of the coding people could disable 6S9. If you don't get anywhere with Mercedes that's your best bet.

That said I have always wondered why our cars don't have this feature. I do wonder if the issue is the doors were hitting objects and they didn't want to be responsible for damages.