EQS EQS (V297) sedan

My last post

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2024 | 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Originally Posted by Crito
Yeah, the freedom to pay taxes. And the freedom to buy mandated insurance. And the freedom to fly to Epstein's Island and hang out with child molesting Mossad agents like Bill Clinton. Free speech, especially antisemitic speech, is a hate crime though. And guns are straight up a privilege, not a right like having an abortion. We have to debunk and censor misinformation that claims otherwise.

Democrats make me want to sell my EV and buy an ICE vehicle too but I refuse to stoop to their childish level.
Epsteins island you say?

The following 2 users liked this post by SW20S:
AppleFan1 (10-15-2024), Mikedogg (10-15-2024)
Old 10-15-2024 | 12:03 PM

W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
red leaning voters have recently tended to be against EVs and EV charging infrastructure.

Dont confuse being against EV's with being against mandates and "tax incentives". A Plaid is a freaking hoot to drive (but I would not own one). A swamp buggy, blowing black clouds of soot at 2mpg is also a hoot to drive....I also would not own one of those.

As for the loony who thinks that a graph from the 1890's shows us anything....who again melted the glaciers that once covered the central United States? The shame is, a massive percentage of the population will believe what is convenient to believe. They are incapable of comprehensive rationalizations and validation of data.
Old 10-15-2024 | 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by Crito
Yeah, the freedom to pay taxes. And the freedom to buy mandated insurance. And the freedom to fly to Epstein's Island and hang out with child molesting Mossad agents like Bill Clinton. Free speech, especially antisemitic speech, is a hate crime though. And guns are straight up a privilege, not a right like having an abortion. We have to debunk and censor misinformation that claims otherwise.
Democrats make me want to sell my EV and buy an ICE vehicle too but I refuse to stoop to their childish level.
Not sure i understand your point.
The following users liked this post:
hlothery (10-15-2024)
Old 10-15-2024 | 03:05 PM

BMW 5 Series and BMW X3
Originally Posted by SW20S
Epsteins island you say?

Touche LOL. That's great. Let he who is without sin etc. etc.
SW20S (10-16-2024)
Old 10-15-2024 | 03:32 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
There are probably already plans in the works to build condo's on Antartica and the north pole when the caps melt.....it's all part of the plan and 'we' are not included
Old 10-15-2024 | 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by hyperion667
There are probably already plans in the works to build condo's on Antartica and the north pole when the caps melt.....it's all part of the plan and 'we' are not included

Remember, it is only okay to club a baby seal with a Narwhal tusk.....
Old 10-15-2024 | 04:09 PM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by OldManAndHisCar
Remember, it is only okay to club a baby seal with a Narwhal tusk.....
"It's a big club and you ain't in it"
Mr George Carlin
Old 10-15-2024 | 05:37 PM

ML 350, EQE Sedan
What politics? I am a business owner (and property owner). I as the owner will NOT pay to put a freaking EV charger on MY property at MY business. If the city does not like it - THEY can try to sue me (and we will simply build the new facility at another property we own that is seriously 110' from the city limits).

Fun note: this is for the EV owners in Tampa. Yes, you can purchase gasoline today (and could for most of the entire storm)...but...
https://www.tampaelectric.com/electr...argingoptions/

We appreciate your patience as we work 24/7 to recover from Milton. With the help of 6,000 utility workers, we expect to restore power to essentially all customers in the coming days. Estimated restoration by county:
  • Pasco customers - Monday, 10/14
  • Polk customers - Tuesday, 10/15
  • Hillsborough and Pinellas customers - Thursday, 10/17

Then, when power is on there will be DAYS LONG lines at the chargers, as there always are after the storms. Good thing that something like 98% of the EV owners have them as their third car. My next door neighbor had a Rivian for about a minute or two...behind his massive diesel Dodge truck, an Escalade, an X5 and their kids Jeep....sitting next to their RV and 32' fishing boat....you know, environmentalists :-)

Aren't you forgetting that gas stations were running out of gas two days before hurricane Miltion hit? If I remember correctly, it was 25% of stations in all of Florida, with 50% in the area Milton was expecting to hit were out of gas. I doubt the situation got any better before Milton hit. Power was on until Milton hit, and was back for most residents within two days.
MBNUT1 (10-15-2024)
Old 10-15-2024 | 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by MB2timer
The fact is, the Rona affected Trump’s economy far more than Biden’s. Even Still inflation when Biden took office was less than 2%. Biden’s policies of centralized planning, including EV mandates, necessarily was extremely inefficient, and along with his spending and monetary policies, lit a fire under inflation. So now, we can’t afford charging stations, heck, almost every sector of the economy has become 30% more expensive. Wages have not kept up, so there is a big squeeze. It’s just a verifiable fact, that central planning for the economy, is wildly inefficient, and inflationary. What is the most efficient framework for a national economy? Ask Milton Freedman, Ask Thomas Sowell.
They would(and have) tell you about the invisible hand, that sets prices according to marginal costs, that distributes goods and services most evenly across demand.
Most of the initial supply chain disruptions were because of the insane vax mandates for truckers, and enforcement out of all sensibility to commerce.
I have to agree with OM&HC. Not only that, as a business owner, he is on the front line being mugged every day, much like business owners were selectively mugged by French laundry patrons without masks, and hairdressers closed for all but Speakers of the house, not to mention mayors of Chicago. There has been no reckoning, kind of like so many other movements that are delayed interminably, until cold hard facts and harsh reality obscures the utopia.
I hope this doesn’t get deleted. Whoever wrote it, it’s a masterpiece.

"Post-Covid-19 Higher Prices Have Donald Trump’s Fingerprints All Over Them"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johntam...all-over-them/

Last edited by MBNUT1; 10-15-2024 at 06:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MBNUT1:
AppleFan1 (10-15-2024), Mikedogg (10-15-2024)
Old 10-15-2024 | 07:07 PM

2023 EQS 580 SUV
"I tripped today and stubbed my toe. Thanks Joe!"
That made me laugh!

Last edited by Strafzettel; 10-15-2024 at 07:08 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Strafzettel:
AppleFan1 (10-15-2024), Mikedogg (10-15-2024), SW20S (10-16-2024)
Old 10-16-2024 | 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
As for the loony who thinks that a graph from the 1890's shows us anything....who again melted the glaciers that once covered the central United States? The shame is, a massive percentage of the population will believe what is convenient to believe. They are incapable of comprehensive rationalizations and validation of data.
At the end of the day I trust climatologists and meteorologists, not political commentators. There is a reason why overwhelmingly scientists believe climate change is real…because it’s real. Whether the My Pillow guy or Tucker Carlson says it’s not real doesn’t move the needle for me.

We have a major problem in this country of thinking that a man with an opinion is on the same level as someone with experience
The following 6 users liked this post by SW20S:
AppleFan1 (10-16-2024), dangitty (Yesterday), hlothery (10-16-2024), MBNUT1 (10-16-2024), Mikedogg (10-16-2024), nath_h (10-17-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-16-2024 | 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by SW20S
There is a reason why overwhelmingly scientists believe climate change is rea

You are aware that statement is patently incorrect, correct? Ignorance being bliss, I am shocked more people are not happier in general. That contention is not a lick different from the fools who once believed the Earth is flat. In both examples there are simply not enough facts to prove them right (so, leave out the pesky things that prove your argument incorrect).

The EnviroNuts are akin to folks who practice "the religion of peace"...you know, kill and destroy any who do not agree with you.

Last edited by OldManAndHisCar; 10-16-2024 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-16-2024 | 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580
You are aware that statement is patently incorrect, correct? Ignorance being bliss, I am shocked more people are not happier in general. That contention is not a lick different from the fools who once believed the Earth is flat. In both examples there are simply not enough facts to prove them right (so, leave out the pesky things that prove your argument incorrect).

The EnviroNuts are akin to folks who practice "the religion of peace"...you know, kill and destroy any who do not agree with you.
I sure hope that your children and grandchildren have different opinions than you have. You don’t believe in science so you believe that anthropogenic global warming is a hoax.
Mikedogg (10-16-2024)
Old 10-16-2024 | 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by AppleFan1
I sure hope that your children and grandchildren have different opinions than you have. You don’t believe in science so you believe that anthropogenic global warming is a hoax.

See, here you go proving me right. See. "Science" is in general comprised of three parts - "Theory", the part where someone has an idea. "Hypothesis" where you try to prove a theory correct. Only after a hypothesis is tested again and again, and tested against dissent - THEN we can consider something to be factual.

"Climate Scientists" (and their customers) are simply not using the scientific process. This is the same as what our current "scientists" have done with even changing the definition of words to justify their mindsets.

Question for you @AppleFan1 I had posted a video on this tread of a "Climate Denier"....did you watch the video? Are you willing to see the other side of the argument?

Oh - and to be clear. I would NEVER deny "Climate Change", the "Man Made" is the hard part. More so, - punishing the finances of the citizens of the United States with "feel good" while India, China, Russia, and so many other nations are destroying the earth (according to the enviro-nuts). We cant have it both ways...our EV's are MASSIVELY destructive to the earth to produce, even worse to dispose of.
Old 10-16-2024 | 03:08 PM

BMW 5 Series and BMW X3

Why so angry? Old guys like us are supposed to mellow out in the golden years.
Old 10-16-2024 | 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580

It is absolutely correct. One of my good friends is a climatologist. I'll listen to her before I listen to you, sorry.
Mikedogg (10-16-2024)
Old 10-16-2024 | 04:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
See, here you go proving me right. See. "Science" is in general comprised of three parts - "Theory", the part where someone has an idea. "Hypothesis" where you try to prove a theory correct. Only after a hypothesis is tested again and again, and tested against dissent - THEN we can consider something to be factual.

"Climate Scientists" (and their customers) are simply not using the scientific process. This is the same as what our current "scientists" have done with even changing the definition of words to justify their mindsets.

Question for you @AppleFan1 I had posted a video on this tread of a "Climate Denier"....did you watch the video? Are you willing to see the other side of the argument?

Oh - and to be clear. I would NEVER deny "Climate Change", the "Man Made" is the hard part. More so, - punishing the finances of the citizens of the United States with "feel good" while India, China, Russia, and so many other nations are destroying the earth (according to the enviro-nuts). We cant have it both ways...our EV's are MASSIVELY destructive to the earth to produce, even worse to dispose of.
Keep in mind that you are also embracing a theory. The theory that you are embracing is that the rapid increase in atmospheric carbon content and the change in the climate are unrelated. You are embracing this theory in the face of the established science of the greenhouse effect and many years of successful predictions of the impact of increased atmospheric carbon content on the climate.

Regarding EV's and the environment for sure production of EV's has harmful effects on the environment. They result in local pollution due to the mining among other things. I liken it to chemotherapy. Nasty side effects to help the patient live until there is a better solution.
A better solution would be an increased utilization of public transportation.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 10-16-2024 at 04:11 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by MBNUT1:
AppleFan1 (10-16-2024), Mikedogg (10-16-2024), nath_h (10-17-2024)
Old 10-16-2024 | 04:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 EQS580

No, I don’t know what video you’re referring to. Is it not scientifically proven that greenhouse gases allow heat to enter but don’t allow heat to escape? As more and more fossil fuels are used and more human induced carbon dioxide enters the atmosphere, the greenhouse effect accelerates. It’s as simple as that. Just chew on that fact. I’m talking to a stone wall so I’m wasting my time.

Last edited by AppleFan1; 10-16-2024 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-16-2024 | 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by MBNUT1
You hit the nail on the head...now, if only "the public" was not on it ;-) . Now, if we could only stop the volcanoes, the natural decomposition of carbon matter and the decay of expired mammals...

And, as for the JERK who said us old guys in our "Golden Years"....yeah! Screw you! I am NOT in my "Golden Years", I am in my "Sunset Years"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-16-2024 | 04:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
Its also an absurd argument that just because we can't control everything that contributes to the buildup of greenhouse gasses its not worth it to do what is within our control. Thats like saying that because you eventually will die, and could be killed in a way that is outside of your control you shouldn't eat a healthy diet, exercise and take care of your body.
Old 10-16-2024 | 04:51 PM
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy

SL63
You hit the nail on the head...now, if only "the public" was not on it ;-) . Now, if we could only stop the volcanoes, the natural decomposition of carbon matter and the decay of expired mammals...

And, as for the JERK who said us old guys in our "Golden Years"....yeah! Screw you! I am NOT in my "Golden Years", I am in my "Sunset Years"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone who believes in the Co2 theory of glow bull warming, should stop breathing. Problem solved!
Old 10-16-2024 | 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLE 580
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
Regarding EV's and the environment for sure production of EV's has harmful effects on the environment. They result in local pollution due to the mining among other things. I liken it to chemotherapy. Nasty side effects to help the patient live until there is a better solution.
Even the worst EVs (this includes decommissioning) leave a smaller carbon footprint vs their ICE counterparts over the life of the vehicle.

Last edited by wildta; 10-16-2024 at 04:56 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by wildta:
MBNUT1 (10-16-2024), Mikedogg (10-16-2024)
Old 10-16-2024 | 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic

There has always been the decomposition of carbon matters at the same time there has been the consumption of carbon matter (ie trees). Trouble is man is ****ing it all up by greatly increasing the former while decreasing the latter. And if you look at Finland there is an example of where things are headed where the land carbon absorption has become negative. Which means places like the tundra as they thaw out will begin to add to the carbon content rather than storing carbon. In essence it becomes a feedback system similar to a uncontrolled nuclear chain reaction. Anybody how cares about continued life on earth should be scared ****less. This is a war that needs to be fought but it is questionable given the level of narcissism that is present that mankind will be able to get it together in time.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 10-16-2024 at 05:02 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by MBNUT1:
AppleFan1 (10-16-2024), Mikedogg (10-16-2024)
Old 10-16-2024 | 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 S580
It only makes reasonable sense that all of the unnaturally occurring gasses we release into the atmosphere has an impact on the climate. Its illogical to assume it doesn't...
Mikedogg (10-16-2024)
Old 10-16-2024 | 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by wildta
Even the worst EVs (this includes decommissioning) leave a smaller carbon footprint vs their ICE counterparts over the life of the vehicle.

Right. An EQS pays for it's battery in ~ 2 years running compared to an S-Class.
AppleFan1 (10-16-2024)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My last post