European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

European Delivery Dealer in San Francisco area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 01:13 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
European Delivery Dealer in San Francisco area?

Hi, any recommendations for a European Delivery dealer in the San Francisco, East Bay, South Bay, Silicon Valley or Monterey areas? I'm looking to buy an SL450.

I called the SF dealership, but they don't negotiate on the price. I understand from lurkerlisa's recent thread that I should be able to get up to another 3% off.

Thanks for any names!
Old 01-25-2017, 05:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I am really curious on this one as well. " we don't negotiate on European Delivery " is a total nonsense. The ED cars are not on dealers allocation hence any dollar they make in profits is extra to them.

IMHO, they should be willing to negotiate more so on a ED car as opposed to NON-ED.
Just doesn't add up... I will place an order for a ED S550 as soon as dealer banks are open for 2018 FL model and my plan is also to target at least another 3% off of MSRP..
Old 01-29-2017, 09:29 PM

I've spoken with 5 dealers so far, and here are their initial responses. 3 said that they don't negotiate, one offered 1%, and one offered a bit more than 2%. Of the 3 that said no, two later offered 1%.

For those that were able to get 3% off or more, any suggestions on getting the best deal?
Old 01-31-2017, 04:10 AM

Thanks for sharing your experience so far. Can you kindly publish which dealer offered the best discount and the percentage off? I would highly appreciate it.

I think you should be able to get 3% off but you will have to be patient and do not limit yourself to only San Fransisco area. When I am ready to order , I will start with local dealers and widen my search until I get my additional 3% off 👍🏼🙏🏼
Old 02-06-2017, 12:12 PM

Bingo, got my 3% additional discount! I contacted MB of San Francisco, Autobahn Motors (Belmont), MB of Stevens Creek (San Jose), MB of Monterey, and MB of Escondido (Herbert Haemmer), all in California.

Although Herbert was the most knowledgeable and easiest to deal with, I decided on Monterey Mercedes because of my previous experiences with them.

Some advice
Don't be concerned about using a dealer not in your area, as Mercedes has a courtesy delivery arrangement between dealers where the selling dealership can have the car delivered to your dealership at no additional cost, time delay or problems. See ted_jane's post, https://mbworld.org/forums/european-...fraid-ask.html.

Negotiate in person, by phone or through email, whichever makes you most comfortable. Email helped me minimize a lot of pressure and sales tactics.

Find a sales person with lots of EDP experience, as this can greatly simplify the ordering process (and probably the overall process). My sales person ran into a couple of minor hiccups while ordering, which made me a bit nervous.

Check this forum frequently, as there is lots of good information here!
Old 02-06-2017, 08:02 PM

Awesome news !! And happy to hear you were able to get your 3% off .. . surely I will not settle for anything less than 3% off on top of 7% standard ED discount .
may I kindly ask what % discount you were able to get from MB of Escondido? I know lot of people recommend Herbert Haemmer for his knowledge about ED but if he can't offer additonal 3% min that I am looking for, his dealership is non- starter for me ...

thanks again and enjoy your new car and ED experience
oz
Old 02-24-2017, 01:00 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 GLC Coupe
Herbert offered me 2% on top since I was out of state (NY). I can't recommend him enough. He does so many ED's and he is very knowledgeable and helpful. I would say you can always try to go for 3% from him.

There's no comparison to my local dealer - who had no where close the knowledge that Herbert does about ED. As Seascape posted above, make sure whoever you are working with, is knowledgeable about the ED