Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

So-Cal Meet/PCH Cruise/ June 11th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
1. Lexani
2. ChrisDPham
3. Sillyent
4. DancingBenzos
5. CitronC230K_03

you know im always down for a meet!
Old 03-14-2005, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 C320
Damn..Fashion Island to Santa Barbara taking PCH is a good 4 hour drive (stop lights included...and also taking consideration that there will be 20-30 cars following). So this will be a whole day and possibly night trip.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:47 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
Originally Posted by Jorel C320
Damn..Fashion Island to Santa Barbara taking PCH is a good 4 hour drive (stop lights included...and also taking consideration that there will be 20-30 cars following). So this will be a whole day and possibly night trip.
May be we can cruise half way then turn back? I have to be back by 10pm, Lex, what u think?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
we should do a sunset cruise once too.

Tell your son he cant have a trans am, because he will take your property value down.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:07 PM

I drive a E55T, SLK55 and 65 Mustang Conv.
Might as well add us to the list though we'll likely only make about half of the actual drive. Now all we have to do is decide which car to bring. The E55T will be the new kid on the block but who can resist PCH with the top down?
Kim
1. Lexani
2. ChrisDPham
3. Sillyent
4. DancingBenzos
5. CitronC230K_03
6. Mr. & Lady Wolf
Old 03-14-2005, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Ok, so heres what Im thinking so far...

I thought it out a little bit more, and decided to go halfway to Santa Barbara, dont know exactly where. Malibu maybe? Or Santa Monica? Im not going to make a final decision on which one it will be until I get a little more input, so with that in mind-- let me know what you guys think! Santa Barbara is too far, Im willing to do it, but I realize that most dont want to go that far, so thats why the cut back. Let me know what you guys think, and thanks for the input! Everyone has a voice here, so let it be heard.

And, an update of the list so far...

1. Lexani
2. ChrisDPham
3. Sillyent
4. DancingBenzos
5. CitronC230K_03
6. Mr. & Lady Wolf
7. more151please

So, for those who think the can only go half-way or so, hope this helps! If you have ANY suggestions other than the two listed above (Malibu, Santa Monica), please add them in so we can hurry up and get a final location. Im thinking if we meet at 1PM, by 8 or so, we should be back in Huntington Beach and eat at Macaroni Grill-- which leads me to this...

Eveyone ok with Macaroni Grill? Italian, real good! IF not, like I said, add something you like so we can get a final decision. Thanks.

And one last thing:

GET THIS OUT!!!!

Tell you friends-- on or off the boards-- lets try and get a big show up here. Like Fred at the previous meet, he brought with him 2 or 3 people who wern't even on the boards.

"Modified Luxury & Exotics"

A while back, they followed a bunch of Lamborghini owners along the PCH, if we get a good show up, we can send some photos in (since there brand freakin new!), and we would have a good chance of getting in the magazine. They need stories to cover, I feel this wouldn't be a bad idea, if we get a good show up, a week or show before going, Im going to contact the editor, and see what he says-- its a long shot-- but what have we to lose? (Need some major big boys here)

So, again, thanks for helping out! TELL EVERYONE!

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Lexani; 03-14-2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350
Originally Posted by Lexani
Ok, so heres what Im thinking so far...

I thought it out a little bit more, and decided to go halfway to Santa Barbara, dont know exactly where. Malibu maybe? Or Santa Monica? Im not going to make a final decision on which one it will be until I get a little more input, so with that in mind-- let me know what you guys think! Santa Barbara is too far, Im willing to do it, but I realize that most dont want to go that far, so thats why the cut back. Let me know what you guys think, and thanks for the input! Everyone has a voice here, so let it be heard.

And, an update of the list so far...

1. Lexani
2. ChrisDPham
3. Sillyent
4. DancingBenzos
5. CitronC230K_03
6. Mr. & Lady Wolf
7. more151please

So, for those who think the can only go half-way or so, hope this helps! If you have ANY suggestions other than the two listed above (Malibu, Santa Monica), please add them in so we can hurry up and get a final location. Im thinking if we meet at 1PM, by 8 or so, we should be back in Huntington Beach and eat at Macaroni Grill-- which leads me to this...

Eveyone ok with Macaroni Grill? Italian, real good! IF not, like I said, add something you like so we can get a final decision. Thanks.

And one last thing:

GET THIS OUT!!!!

Tell you friends-- on or off the boards-- lets try and get a big show up here. Like Fred at the previous meet, he brought with him 2 or 3 people who wern't even on the boards.

"Modified Luxury & Exotics"

A while back, they followed a bunch of Lamborghini owners along the PCH, if we get a good show up, we can send some photos in (since there brand freakin new!), and we would have a good chance of getting in the magazine. They need stories to cover, I feel this wouldn't be a bad idea, if we get a good show up, a week or show before going, Im going to contact the editor, and see what he says-- its a long shot-- but what have we to lose? (Need some major big boys here)

So, again, thanks for helping out! TELL EVERYONE!

Any thoughts?

ill just keep bringing more people.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:51 PM

I drive a E55T, SLK55 and 65 Mustang Conv.
I think pretty much any kind of restaurant is fine as long as we can get tables for all of us. What I've done the last 2 times is just called to let them know we were coming at Fudruckkers set us up micely. I would like to get a place with a large parking lot so we can stand around a talk if we want though.
Kim
Old 03-14-2005, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DancingBenzos
ill just keep bringing more people.
LOL
Old 03-14-2005, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Lady Wolf
I think pretty much any kind of restaurant is fine as long as we can get tables for all of us. What I've done the last 2 times is just called to let them know we were coming at Fudruckkers set us up micely. I would like to get a place with a large parking lot so we can stand around a talk if we want though.
Kim
Well, thats why I need to know how many people are going to be there, about a day or two in advance, for rervations and stuff. And, it has a good parking lot too-- new shopping mall and all there, so big parking lot.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:30 PM

1991 300ce, 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner
1. Lexani
2. ChrisDPham
3. Sillyent
4. DancingBenzos
5. CitronC230K_03
6. Mr. & Lady Wolf
7. more151please
8. Tbone55

I'm definitly down for this...but...I think 1pm is actually kinda late to be starting a cruz up the coast.

I mean by the time we all get there and say our hellos,meet new faces and check out everybody's new mods...we won't get going til 2:00-2:30?? And as already pointed out,traffic lights,20-30+ cars...we'll be lucky if we hit Santa Monica by 5pm.

How about we meet up around 10 or 11am and be on the road by 12? Just a suggestion. I think if we left by 12 we would make Malibu for sure and then we could decide if we want to go further up the coast.

I'm going to a Chrysler 300C GTG and cruz on PCH this Sun., I'll let you know how it goes (i.e. traffic, time wise,etc.).
Old 03-14-2005, 07:35 PM

Agree, meet around 11-12pm then start heading out.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:02 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
I agree with what Tony said, perhaps meeting a little bit earlier would be good. It'll give us more time to chit chat and hang out a bit at fashion island and enough time for us to cruise down PCH and make it back in time for dinner.

I'm fine with Macaroni Grill, actually, I'm down with anything you guys choose.

Let's just wait and see what tony said about how the Chrysler 300C GTG cruise goes and hear from his feedback.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:45 PM
Banned

your sister.
1. Lexani
2. ChrisDPham
3. Sillyent
4. DancingBenzos
5. CitronC230K_03
6. Mr. & Lady Wolf
7. more151please
8. Tbone55
9. Perzbenz (MAYBE only if i have the 2.3-16v)
Old 03-14-2005, 09:24 PM

I should also bring this little YSR out and let my friend ride along if we're not going out on the freeway
Old 03-14-2005, 11:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tbone55
1. Lexani
2. ChrisDPham
3. Sillyent
4. DancingBenzos
5. CitronC230K_03
6. Mr. & Lady Wolf
7. more151please
8. Tbone55

I'm definitly down for this...but...I think 1pm is actually kinda late to be starting a cruz up the coast.

I mean by the time we all get there and say our hellos,meet new faces and check out everybody's new mods...we won't get going til 2:00-2:30?? And as already pointed out,traffic lights,20-30+ cars...we'll be lucky if we hit Santa Monica by 5pm.

How about we meet up around 10 or 11am and be on the road by 12? Just a suggestion. I think if we left by 12 we would make Malibu for sure and then we could decide if we want to go further up the coast.

I'm going to a Chrysler 300C GTG and cruz on PCH this Sun., I'll let you know how it goes (i.e. traffic, time wise,etc.).
10 or 11!? Not that I hadn't thought of that, but if we make it that early some people wont show until 12 or so, becuase not everyone is 15-20 mins away. However, I see your point, I will red-edit my first post, tell me what you think.

EDIT:

Guess not-- to late to edit it, so here is the new details:

What: Benz and AMG Meet
When: June 11th Saturday
Where: Newport Beach at Fashion Island
& Macaroni Grill
Time: 11:00 AM Till whenever!
Why: Because Leaxni is going to be there. And because, you have nothing better to do. And because whomever shows up, gets cookie! And because I owe Usman a ride. Unfortunatly. Haha, J/k.

Last edited by Lexani; 03-14-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sillyent
I should also bring this little YSR out and let my friend ride along if we're not going out on the freeway
Awww... Me wanted the E55!!!! While were at it, heres an updated list:

1. Lexani
2. ChrisDPham
3. Sillyent
4. DancingBenzos
5. CitronC230K_03
6. Mr. & Lady Wolf
7. more151please
8. Tbone55
9. Perzbenz (MAYBE only if i have the 2.3-16v)
Old 03-14-2005, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So Mailbu it is, right?
Old 03-14-2005, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sweet, try and keep track of time (if your going past Malibu), and let us know, what we would have to work with. Thanks!

And, as always, get THE WORD OUT!!!!! Sigs, are a great way to do so. Thank you everyone for your input and for helping me plan this.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:39 PM

1991 300ce, 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner
Sounds good to me. Like I said, I'll let you know what happens on Sun.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sounds good to me. Like I said, I'll let you know what happens on Sun.
Thank you.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:53 PM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
tony is the man.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E55 (for sale if the right offer comes along)...too many others to list
Hey guys sorry about missing you on Saturday! I am training for a marathon, and I stressed fractured my ankle and tibia. It was either painkillers or seeing you fine people. Sorry the drugs won. Hehe.

Wanted to throw an idea out there...You guys could cruise the coast and end up at my house in Ventura for a BBQ. It's about 45min closer than Santa Barbara. My roommate and I are having a pre Cinco De Mia party with a Mariachi band and keg on 30th at noon. I would love to have my Benz friends dance and party with me. Or we could do it in June and I will still cook for you. I know some of the local guys would help me. Just an idea to break up your drive. You would still make it back home before 5. Just an idea????? James said he would flip the tri tip.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:09 AM
CDP
MBWorld Fanatic!

W124's
BenzGal, that's such a generous offer. A fellow board member opening their home to all of us benz owners. that sounds a good idea. Will there be carna asada? lol just kidding.

I'm down.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BENZGal
Hey guys sorry about missing you on Saturday! I am training for a marathon, and I stressed fractured my ankle and tibia. It was either painkillers or seeing you fine people. Sorry the drugs won. Hehe.

Wanted to throw an idea out there...You guys could cruise the coast and end up at my house in Ventura for a BBQ. It's about 45min closer than Santa Barbara. My roommate and I are having a pre Cinco De Mia party with a Mariachi band and keg on 30th at noon. I would love to have my Benz friends dance and party with me. Or we could do it in June and I will still cook for you. I know some of the local guys would help me. Just an idea to break up your drive. You would still make it back home before 5. Just an idea????? James said he would flip the tri tip.
One thing:
If your not good looking, dont even bother! Hahaha, Im just kidding.

But seriously, you would cook for EVERYONE, and can have enough parking for EVERYONE, and enough room for EVERYONE to just hang out? What, do you and your roomate own a mansion?

And, how old are you and your roomate? My 16 yr old, is reading the post over my shoulder, and is curious for some reason he refuses to give to me.

ANYWAYS,

45 mins, still wouldnt be too big of a break up-- we would need a bigger one. I think Malibu is just right, HOWEVER, its not a bad idea. I personaly think we should go to Malibu, and return back and continue as planned. But thats just me-- anyone else have anything to say?

I have an Idea... for you...

Why dont you, meet us, at Malibu and travel back down to Huntington Beach with the whole gang, dine with us at Macaroni Grill? Just a thought, hope we can come to some sort of compromise here.

And can you clarify what you meant by:

"James said he would flip the tri tip."

Thanks.

Best Regards,
John

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: So-Cal Meet/PCH Cruise/ June 11th